The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

The NBA waits until NFL season is over for the big time showcase games.

When football season is over no?

I don’t ever recall games coming on at 1PM eastern except holidays + opening weekend of the playoffs, maybe after college + NFL are wrapped up.

Theres a 3:30 game today, and the clippers played at 12-1PM local for decades as the b team at Staples
I think it was just regular season Raptors games

But I remember NBA on NBC after Inside Stuff around noon

Games were scheduled like 1:30 during fantasy season too.

464658029_949257273903333_4861963925509756441_n.jpg

why is there a camera and reporters in the locker room when guys are clearly in the background still naked and getting dressed? Can’t they wait 15 minutes outside the door until someone from the org comes out and gives the thumbs up everyone is decent? The world wont end to wait 5 more minutes for your dumb , “ talk about how you guys wanted to come into this game more aggressive,” stock *** questions

why is there a camera and reporters in the locker room when guys are clearly in the background still naked and getting dressed? Can’t they wait 15 minutes outside the door until someone from the org comes out and gives the thumbs up everyone is decent? The world wont end to wait 5 more minutes for your dumb , “ talk about how you guys wanted to come into this game more aggressive,” stock *** questions
It’s a practice that goes back to the days of only print media and morning papers that has stuck around even though there’s no good reason for it now. I agree with you that it’s time for that kind of media access to die.

NT keeps randomly updating and all these "updates" suck.

NikeTalk has always relied on third-party forum software. You registered in 2005. You remember what Yuku was like towards the end, in a state of neglect.

We’re going to install software updates. Otherwise, we’re leaving security vulnerabilities unpatched and essentially allowing the site to rot.

We're not forum platform developers. We don't get to choose everything that goes into a given patch.

There are a lot of moving parts in any software update, so sometimes there are minor setbacks, but the choice is to either move forward and navigate any bumps in the road or stand still. We're going to keep moving forward. If we hadn't made that commitment, we'd still be on whatever is left of Yuku.

In addition to security updates, which are essential, this update does include some new features. NikeTalk now supports passkeys and hardware security keys, which you can add here: https://niketalk.com/account/security
We also gained a new type of spoiler, known as an inline spoiler.

As more and more posts in a given thread contain embedded content from external sites, our page load times are impacted. In addition to security fixes, this update included multiple optimizations to improve speed. Some of the JavaScript changes, like the removal of jquery support, required our developer to rewrite a lot of the custom code that we added to carry over features from the previous platform, like the thread image gallery. It took a lot of work, but the thread image gallery now runs considerably faster. You can swipe through it without opening the full gallery and tap on any image to view it in full size.

Making note of any glitches or issues can be useful. We want to get everything running as well as we can. But keep in mind that this site is maintained by human beings and frame your concerns accordingly.

We install these updates off peak to minimize the impact on community members, which means working at 3 - 5 am on the weekend.

The path of least resistance for me isn't "just neglect it and stop installing updates so nobody will complain - they'll just slowly filter out." The path of least resistance to me would be accepting an offer to sell the site and retiring so I don't have to deal with the headaches, trolls, and entitlement.
We're not doing all this work to make your life worse. We're doing it to protect and properly maintain the community we've put nearly a quarter of a century of our lives into.

Back
Top Bottom