The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

DDCCB7E1-C087-4A43-9593-2B69EBBD4AE6.png

I liked olympic hoops for all reasons mentioned and then some: Not as many timeouts, last 3 minutes of a game doesn't take 15 minutes, games start on time, NBA can get free throw crazy. Wouldn't mind making some rule adjustments if they'll speed up the game

Bro **** will be pitch black soon as he touch down. Prolly can't smuggle Bigen across international waters without starting a war 😂

never been this patriotic in my life but was cheering hella hard for this squad. surreal to finally see the greatest players of this era wearing the same jersey

Antman's youth showed up big time but him and DBook starting in '28 is gonna be :emoji_fire:

Is this the only Olympic team sport where the same team is expected to win every time?

This year is the only time ever the us men have lost the 4 x 100 medley in swimming

I think on a single occasion they didn’t break the world record when winning (2012, I think.. but they did break the Olympic record that year)

But as was mentioned, the US women’s basketball team losing would be a bigger upset

never been this patriotic in my life but was cheering hella hard for this squad. surreal to finally see the greatest players of this era wearing the same jersey

Antman's youth showed up big time but him and DBook starting in '28 is gonna be :emoji_fire:

I did the emotional hedge and had a payout of $1200 on the line if France won gold. Made a bet a month before the Olympics. Figured it was the home team, and coming off a close final in Tokyo, might as well make money if Team USA didn't make it. Ain't been this happy tearing up a betting slip since the 2016 WCF.

The trio of LeBron, Steph and Durant secured their legacies. Durant is the greatest basketball Olympian ever for Team USA. LeBron has three golds after taking breaks during his insane Finals runs every year during the 2010s. Steph got his gold medal after four titles (he was on two World Championship teams, though). All three are Top 15 players of all time. The Dream Team had three Top 10 guys of all time, but Bird had a back brace on and barely played, Magic was retired, and MJ had just won his second title. This was different. Bird and Magic did not carry the Dream Team. These guys carried the team.

Back
Top Bottom