The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

Wade and eagle were like 2 kids who can't be in the same group because they goof off too much. They veered a lil too deep into the goofy waters. Eagle was cringe with the hip hop references
Lol I kinda see what you mean, but that's basketball commentary now. Its more jokes than anything else, I don't understand why its like this, but at least you got two people who are actually paying attention to the game out there.

never been this patriotic in my life but was cheering hella hard for this squad. surreal to finally see the greatest players of this era wearing the same jersey

Antman's youth showed up big time but him and DBook starting in '28 is gonna be :emoji_fire:
Book
Ant
KD at 39
AD
Chet

Plus a stacked bench of Morant, JBrown, Tatum, Zion, Edey, and Haliburton for one more gold on American soil.

That Chet and Edey versus Wemby matchup is gonna be lit

‘28 might end up being even more 🔥 than ‘24

Last edited:
How’d I miss this one? :lol: A couple weeks after the finals. Did someone drop this in here at the time?

Adidas invited him to the shoe-release event for Anthony Edwards, the rising Minnesota Timberwolves star who’s got plenty of talent but, unlike Lyles, isn’t a six-time world champ.

“You want to do what?” says Lyles. “You want to invite me to [an event for] a man who has not even been to an NBA Finals? In a sport that you don’t even care about? And you’re giving him a shoe?

No disrespect: the man is an amazing athlete. He is having a heck of a year. I love that they saw the insight to give him a shoe, because they saw that he was going to be big. All I’m asking is, ‘How could you not see that for me?’”
Link

Eh, think we’re spoiled with Bron playing well in his 40s because he’s a genetic freak athlete, spends million + on maintaining his body and thinking these other guys are going to age well:
KD-will be 39 next Olympics, Been getting injured more last couple years compared to before. If I remember correctly he was warming up and hurt his leg non-contact this last year. He’s a legit 7 footer and shooting won’t fade, but I don’t think his body is going to hold up.
AD-will be 35 next Olympics, has long injury history even though had his healthiest years recently. Have seen a lot of big men age like milk after 30+, don’t see AD being much different.

As much as I’ve loved this era of basketball, the young guys are going to have to step in and step up

2028 USA basketball :pimp::pimp:

2024-usab-mens-practice.jpg

I was watching 2004 games and It’s kinds crazy that the LeBronze name was even a thing considering he was pretty much the last man off the bench :lol:

Duncan and Iverson escaped all the criticism :lol: :smh:
Larry Brown refusing to play those guys was a head scratcher

Back
Top Bottom