The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

Fam referenced JoJo's like it's an Akron exclusive

comeon.png

OK, but going to the point elpablo21 elpablo21 has been making, if a team with LeBron, Steph and KD did that, it seems pretty possible it could happen to a US team without those dudes.
I truly believe that the dismantling of the foundation that Calangelo and K put into place is the huge issue. The international teams make up talent deficiencies with continuity on offense and defense. From 06 on USA Basketball focused on building continuity through summer training camps and I will say that the offensive and defensive schemes were some of the most complex that USA basketball ever used because you had 1 head coach and an actual playbook with guys building continuity over multiple summers. You need heroics from elite guys when you dismantle the team concept and throw the biggest names you can find out there with an all star collection of coaches that might not be suited to FIBA ball. USA basketball under Grant Hill is going in the wrong direction. You wouldn’t need crazy heroics from top guys if you actually had some semblance of continuity. The last time Team USA won the World Championships you had guys like Faried and Boogie making huge contributions with Kyrie, Jimbo and Splash Bros hitting shots but everyone knew their role. I think we get caught up in the names and talent Team USA has but without familiarity and continuity, it is very difficult to beat teams that have set plays when you’re running on feel and talent.

I truly believe that the dismantling of the foundation that Calangelo and K put into place is the huge issue. The international teams make up talent deficiencies with continuity on offense and defense. From 06 on USA Basketball focused on building continuity through summer training camps and I will say that the offensive and defensive schemes were some of the most complex that USA basketball ever used because you had 1 head coach and an actual playbook with guys building continuity over multiple summers. You need heroics from elite guys when you dismantle the team concept and throw the biggest names you can find out there with an all star collection of coaches that might not be suited to FIBA ball. USA basketball under Grant Hill is going in the wrong direction. You wouldn’t need crazy heroics from top guys if you actually had some semblance of continuity. The last time Team USA won the World Championships you had guys like Faried and Boogie making huge contributions with Kyrie, Jimbo and Splash Bros hitting shots but everyone knew their role. I think we get caught up in the names and talent Team USA has but without familiarity and continuity, it is very difficult to beat teams that have set plays when you’re running on feel and talent.

100% this. It’s damn near like a cycle now :lol:.

This right here is fire tho. The slo-mo x jazz 🔥

I think when FIBA decided to make the WCs the summer before the Olympics, it indirectly turned off a lot of players. Assuming you were good enough, it's one thing to commit every other summer, but consecutive summers is asking a lot.

^^^ I don’t know that we can ever have the same continuity level of international teams just because of how long and strenuous the NBA season is; even if it’s not all star players.

Having mostly the same group of NBA guys ready to go for international play every two years, just seems unlikely to me.

PG: Anfernee Hardway (you ain't slick pmatic pmatic )
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Alex English
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Akeem Olajuwon (I'm using his name in college)

If not then Arvydas Sabonis pre injury

6th man: Sabonis, if he's my C then Allen Houston

^^^
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Jayson Tatum
SF: Julius Irving
PF: Jermaine O’Neal
C: Jack Sickma
6th man: Jaylen Brown

Center was tough - but I’m probably missing someone obvious.

Last edited:
USA needs to field a legit 3x3 team by 2028, can’t be Jimmer Fredette and his call of duty buddies.

Get the best: rookies, college guys, recently retired players, Big 3.. SOMETHING
You want NBA guys stepping away during the season to play FIBA 3x3 events so they can get enough qualification points to play in a silly version of basketball at the Olympics? Save that **** for guys like Jimmer and Canyon.

Back
Top Bottom