The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold šŸ„‡

Yeah being the ā€œUltimate bag getterā€ isnā€™t purely about the size of the bags. Itā€™s about the size of the bags relative to what youā€™ve done before and after that contract. An ultimate bag getter continuously gets big bags while underdelivering.

Parsons for $45MM/3yrs from Dallas after 3 years in Houston and close to $100MM over 4 years from Memphis. He played exactly 100 games on that contract, man :lol:

I know injuries suck and he had that accident where he got hit by a drunk driver but what he got paid in comparison to what he produced is ultimate bag getter status. On podcasts he even laughs about the situation and how a physical Almost ****ed up his scheme.

Chandler Parsons is near the top

Also, you canā€™t just look at value of the contracts because aside from global inflation, player salaries have gone up.
I think everyone agrees that Fred Vanvleet should not be earning this much money though.

I think everyone agrees that Fred Vanvleet should not be earning this much money though.

FVVā€™s salary is more a product of timing and circumstance than the Rockets overpaying him because they believe he is worth anywhere $43.3MM, respectfully.

Timing would be the new CBA with a salary floor. Circumstance would be Houston needed to spend and has a bunch of young guys to develop so the signing was more about fit than a $40MM player to take them to the playoffs this year.

BA87988D-1C37-4450-BAAD-3FC1B3AF1CE3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom