The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

IMG_9148.gif

Speaking of Trae, that whole Knicks villain arc was a product of ingnant NY fans not realizing our team had too many holes to be talking soo much ****. Elfrid became unplayable. DRose couldn’t do it all himself.

Ice Trae’s shooting has regressed it seems but also defenses are better aware of his game. Still a great playmaker and defensive turnstile. Brunson is in another league, QG guards Trae well and RJ is szned now so Atl is not real comp these days.
My main thing about that conversation regarding that series when it comes up is the revisionist history around it going into that series. Going into that series that was not the talk the talk was the knicks are a top defense Trae wouldn’t be able to do anything against that in the playoffs knicks would win the series easy. Now in retrospect all the stuff regarding the roster of course we can say that is true now but that was not considered a concern at that time and was not the talk.

Regarding Traes game yes his shooting has regressed since his all nba season the following season and that’s inexcusable but he’s not just still a great playmaker he’s one of the best guards in the league at running a half court offense and it’s why despite his shooting and only just now getting a great coach who also specializes in offense we have been a top 10 offense in the league every season cause of Trae since that playoff run despite having two dudes who where black holes on offense three when reddish was still here. Brunson is in another league as him as a shooter yes that is clear but as play maker as a floor general no he isn’t. And yea Brunsons had to play with Randle who comes with his own frustrations but give me Randle over Hunter or Collins every day of the week we all know that.

He will always be a defensive turnstile the dude is barely 6ft the most you can ask for is effort and getting some steals which he has been better with. My only issue with the convo around his defense is it’s guards just as bad as him who don’t have lack the physical disadvantages he does and they don’t get knocked for it nearly as much.

I hold trae accountable for the things he needs to do better especially this season because right now I really like this roster compared to the last couple seasons outside of Hunter and the Capela thing but Capela is a good problem to have cause he still contributes and we have a genuinely great coach there’s nothing that would make me put anything on Quinn like with pierce and Nate. What can’t happen is this gets to a point where Traes poor shooting is putting a cap on the offense because that would be the difference between being a top 10 offense and a top 3 offense this season and we need to be as good as possible on that end. But I’m also not gonna dog the dude out and ignore all the other great **** he does because of that like a lot of people tend to do. I’m also not gonna ignore the other players on this team and the things they need to do because I care about this team not just arguing about Trae all day.

My main thing about that conversation regarding that series when it comes up is the revisionist history around it going into that series. Going into that series that was not the talk the talk was the knicks are a top defense Trae wouldn’t be able to do anything against that in the playoffs knicks would win the series easy. Now in retrospect all the stuff regarding the roster of course we can say that is true now but that was not considered a concern at that time and was not the talk.

Regarding Traes game yes his shooting has regressed since his all nba season the following season and that’s inexcusable but he’s not just still a great playmaker he’s one of the best guards in the league at running a half court offense and it’s why despite his shooting and only just now getting a great coach who also specializes in offense we have been a top 10 offense in the league every season cause of Trae since that playoff run despite having two dudes who where black holes on offense three when reddish was still here. Brunson is in another league as him as a shooter yes that is clear but as play maker as a floor general no he isn’t. And yea Brunsons had to play with Randle who comes with his own frustrations but give me Randle over Hunter or Collins every day of the week we all know that.

He will always be a defensive turnstile the dude is barely 6ft the most you can ask for is effort and getting some steals which he has been better with. My only issue with the convo around his defense is it’s guards just as bad as him who don’t have lack the physical disadvantages he does and they don’t get knocked for it nearly as much.

I hold trae accountable for the things he needs to do better especially this season because right now I really like this roster compared to the last couple seasons outside of Hunter and the Capela thing but Capela is a good problem to have cause he still contributes and we have a genuinely great coach there’s nothing that would make me put anything on Quinn like with pierce and Nate. What can’t happen is this gets to a point where Traes poor shooting is putting a cap on the offense because that would be the difference between being a top 10 offense and a top 3 offense this season and we need to be as good as possible on that end. But I’m also not gonna dog the dude out and ignore all the other great **** he does because of that like a lot of people tend to do. I’m also not gonna ignore the other players on this team and the things they need to do because I care about this team not just arguing about Trae all day.
I don’t recall those rumblings about the defense shutting him down. As far as I knew, they had the superior guard handling the rock.

That + Dubious being inept was the rzn it was 4-1.

Brunson is just the better player; no need for qualifiers. I was a fan of Trae’s so I’m familiar w/ his game.

I don’t recall those rumblings about the defense shutting him down. As far as I knew, they had the superior guard handling the rock.

That + Dubious being inept was the rzn it was 4-1.

Brunson is just the better player; no need for qualifiers. I was a fan of Trae’s so I’m familiar w/ his game.
I remember that talk. I’m sure if we even went back to look who most picked to win that series it was the knicks. The knicks I believe swept us in the regular season and Randle dominated every game we played that year in the regular season yall where a top defense that year too most of the talk was that the series favored the knicks at the time. Because the series was so loopsided and because of the flaws that became clear in the knicks roster and Randle ****ing the bed that talk was forgotten as time goes on that that series was not supposed to go that way based on what most thought at the time.

I don’t agree Brunson is a better player I get why some would say he is not gonna act like the argument doesn’t have any basis or unwarranted and that’s it’s a hill worth dying on but I dont agree for the reasons I stated.

ok

The point was that Trae never been a real villain. That noise was overstated & he leaned into it best he could.

ok

The point was that Trae never been a real villain. That noise was overstated & he leaned into it best he could.

I genuinely don’t care about the villian stuff or who’s a real villain it’s just narrative stuff that in reality don’t mean anything so yea in a sense I agree it was way to overstated it don’t matter at all was just good entertainment in the moment.

Back
Top Bottom