The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

454911864_890754226420305_5217966895482593080_n.jpg

Mainly because the world "caught up" a long time ago.

Barkley said after the Atlanta Olympics (which he played in) that he could already see a huge difference in just the four years between Barcelona and Atlanta, and predicted Team USA would get seriously challenged soon. They barely made the gold medal game in Sydney, got embarrassed at the 2002 World Championships, then got embarrassed at the 2004 Olympics and 2006 WCs semis by Greece because nobody could defend a pick and roll.
Right They lost in 2004 so the world caught up and then regressed apparently lol. It’s just annoying TV filler commentary.

And to stay on the subject of shoes, when did people stop being scared/shamed for wearing sketches? My Aunt asked for a pair. Historically, a hip individual so that shocked me.

Yea I said it in another thread but certain NB and Asics that people have convinced themselves they like would be considered geriatric shoes by us 10 years ago.

I legit don't understand.
Dad shoes and dad wear had a whole moment. Normcore. It took over fashion. You should have embraced it.

Yea I said it in another thread but certain NB and Asics that people have convinced themselves they like would be considered geriatric shoes by us 10 years ago.

I legit don't understand.

Kids follow trends, and most young people select their footwear based off what is shown on their social media feed and what fit into said trends.

Why would kids care about these retro performance basketball shoes? Like genuinely why would they care about them if they're not reselling.

Back
Top Bottom