The Official NBA Season Thread

I remember when Scaramucci came on to the Trump organization he said something like…

“I’m here because Trumps a winner. I’ve seen him making free throw 20 straight free throws before at MSG”

What that had to do with politics, IDK. :lol:
It had everything to do with politics fam. Showed he could be reliable in da clutch and only sell our secrets tonda highest bidder and never da lowest.

How can you say this when it’s in effect next summer? :lol:

Because of all the fear that it’s already bringing.

Like the Jaylen brown situation, a players reward for having an all NBA year is to trade him or avoid paying him lol.

Now you have teams gearing up for overpaying one or two players and handing out minimum contracts to the rest of the team.

The supermax contracts did not work as most players with the supermax are traded or being talked about being traded.

The new CBA amplifies that by giving then 1% of players a bigger piece of the pie.

Cap will be rising every year thanks to the new media contract, but I think it will be substantially spooky for teams. I'm expecting a lot of movement between now and the trade deadline to prep for next summer when the CBA is fully in effect.

The salary cap is going up 14-19 million every year for like 6 straight years.

#FREEJA
IMG_4209.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpeg

The salary cap is going up 14-19 million every year for like 6 straight years.

Durant’s contract increases ~$3.5MM annually in 24-25 and 25-26z

Books number increases from $36MM to $49MM starting in 24-25 with with ~$4MM annual raises through 27-28

The new CBA is going to catch up to them expeditiously.

Durant’s contract increases ~$3.5MM annually in 24-25 and 25-26z

Books number increases from $36MM to $49MM starting in 24-25 with with ~$4MM annual raises through 27-28

The new CBA is going to catch up to them expeditiously.

My brother, that math kinda proves they will be fine with the cap is increasing by 30 million dollars every two years.

My brother, that math kinda proves they will be fine with the cap is increasing by 30 million dollars every two years.
The money committed in itself isn't the problem. The problem for the Suns (and Clippers, Warriors, Heat) is they won't get exceptions to supplement the main stars and can't aggregate salaries for trades while they're in second apron hell.

The stars go down with an injury during the regular season, it's finito. :lol:

The money committed in itself isn't the problem. The problem for the Suns (and Clippers, Warriors, Heat) is they won't get exceptions to supplement the main stars and can't aggregate salaries for trades while they're in second apron hell.

The stars go down injury during the regular season, it's finito. :lol:

Again the salary increases are going to keep them out of 2nd apron hell.

This is basic man it is not that hard.

There is no NBA contract that's already been signed that has raises in it for more than one year that won't be outpaced by the cap increases.

Literally every year that passes after 2025 the % of cap the Suns guys take goes down dramatically

This is basic man man it is not that hard.

Assuming you are operating at the luxury tax threshold (which the Suns are) which is going up $14-19MM each season but you have $10.75MM in salary raises between KD, Book and Beal annually then you don’t have much room to build around them YoY.

This is basic man man it is not that hard.
There will obviously be cap increases between now and the time the new media rights contract is signed, but enough to keep pace with the salary the Suns are committing? I don't know.

The new media rights contract might not kick in until 2025-26 and by then the Suns could be done competing.

Assuming you are operating at the luxury tax threshold (which the Suns are) which is going up $14-19MM each season but you have $10.75MM in salary raises between KD, Book and Beal annually then you don’t have much room to build around them YoY.

You wanna know who were the 6th and 7th men in minutes played for the last two NBA champions

This year it was Jeff Green and Christian Braun

Last year it was Looney and Otto Porter Jr.

Depth overrated as hell if you have 4 legit players and even if the salary cap was already 160Ms if any of their big guys get hurt in the playoffs **** is cooked.

You wanna know who were the 6th and 7th men in minutes played for the last two NBA champions

This year it was Jeff Green and Christian Braun

Last year it was Looney and Otto Porter Jr.

Depth overrated as hell if you have 4 legit players and even if the salary cap was already 160Ms if any of their big guys get hurt in the playoffs **** is cooked.

Jeff Green and Christian Braun made $7.5MM combined. That isn’t much in the grand scheme of things but if you are operating at the luxury tax threshold that leaves $10MM for the remaining roster outside of Book/KD/Beal/Ayton + those 2 players before you hit the second apron

Nuggets and Warriors ain't the best comp when you have all time offensive players covering up defiencies

Suns look very redundant in some aspects which would require some other type of skillsets to be added which may require some real money

Depth is overrated when you got generational players sure

Jeff Green and Christian Braun made $7.5MM combined. That isn’t much in the grand scheme of things but if you are operating at the luxury tax threshold that leaves $10MM for the remaining roster outside of Book/KD/Beal/Ayton + those 2 players before you hit the second apron

Jeff Green was on a vet minimum for 3 straight years before last year and was out of basketball in 2020

God bless Christian Braun but I don't think his contributions and production can't be replaced by a ring chasing vet on a minimum

Last edited:
does phx have negotiation power when it comes to ayton. teams know they are trying to move him.
what do they have left to offer in terms of picks after this beal deal?

suns still have not solved their defensive issues. i wonder what type of 3/d guys are out there. also, need a defensive big. dwight? boogie?

does phx have negotiation power when it comes to ayton. teams know they are trying to move him.
what do they have left to offer in terms of picks after this beal deal?

suns still have not solved their defensive issues. i wonder what type of 3/d guys are out there. also, need a defensive big. dwight? boogie?
I think the Suns' cupboard for first and second rounders is empty at this point. They don't control their own picks until like 2030.

They absolutely need to re-sign Craig and Landale because they have their Early Bird Rights.

Still don’t really understand why Beal gets all the hate he does.

Because he’s been miscast as #1 option instead of a 2?

Because he wanted to get paid (and did)?

He’s a really good player.
He’s literally just chased the bag his whole career (which is understandable). Plus he’s put up empty stats much of his career. Now we’ll kinda see what meaningful contributions he can make.

Back
Top Bottom