The Official NBA Season Thread

you-sure-really (2).gif

1687129065989.gif

Still don’t really understand why Beal gets all the hate he does.

Because he’s been miscast as #1 option instead of a 2?

Because he wanted to get paid (and did)?

He’s a really good player.
Because he accepted $250Ms from an incompetent franchise? Knowing that he’d have the leverage one day to pick his next spot :lol:. People talking crazy about his actual basketball ability

I feel like they HAVE to flip Ayton for 2-3 rotation guys but who knows. Ishbia with one of the craziest bouts of New Owner Syndrome we’ve seen.

Absolutely, man. The timing sucks because the Suns are up against the wall the CP3 contract guarantee deadline, the draft *and the Heat bidding as well* but IMO you can’t make that trade without having received some interest for Ayton that will net multiple solid pieces.

Even in that case, hearing that they don’t have picks until 2032 (not sure if true because I thought picks couldn’t be traded that far out yet) is concerning because they can’t even sweeten the deal beyond just Ayton and I’m not sure of his value

Last edited:
It truly is crazy. All this deck stacking and only 2 titles in a 15 year career.

OKC was so young harden was a bench player.
3 finals appearances and 2 finals mvps
Not sure how many games harden and Kyrie played in bkln but it couldn’t be many.
They haven’t even made Beal PHX jerseys.

Folks gotta chill with the hate….

I love the move for the Suns. Go all in on offense and hope that your guys won't burn out before the playoffs. I also like Ayton being traded or not. If you keep him hopefully the message is that he needs to comit to being an elite screen setter and defense first guy. If you trade him you can get some other guys to fill that role who can occasionally hit a three pointer.

I hope Miami has a real backup plan because they should've went all in on Beal. I think the Dame thing looks like smoke and mirrors and they can't go into another season hoping that the Bam and Jimmy duo show out with other guys come the playoffs.

I dunnooo man.

Making that kind of financial commitment to 3 guys given the uncertainty with the new CBA...

Seems like quite the risk to me.

I really think the fear of the new CBA that the media and fans have is over blown when you analyze the actual transactions teams at that spending level have actually done and how much they impacted winning

Can we all agree that a supermax is a failure at every level?

CJ should have gotten much more heat with this new agreement. It’s legitimately making the NBA a worse product.

I really think the fear of the new CBA that the media and fans have is over blown when you analyze the actual transactions teams at that spending level have actually done and how much they impacted winning
Cap will be rising every year thanks to the new media contract, but I think it will be substantially spooky for teams. I'm expecting a lot of movement between now and the trade deadline to prep for next summer when the CBA is fully in effect.

I remember when Scaramucci came on to the Trump organization he said something like…

“I’m here because Trumps a winner. I’ve seen him making free throw 20 straight free throws before at MSG”

What that had to do with politics, IDK. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom