The Official NBA Season Thread

Kanye shrug, just my opinion bruv

They don’t need to be concerned about salaries as you were saying they should

But if you don’t like those specific players I get that
Yea, I disagree. Bringing on a bad contract that nobody wants only hamstrings you even more. But I also don’t think that trading for injury prone players is smart. Reaves is good, young and cheap. Unless you’re significantly upgrading it just doesn’t make sense to move him

Aye man I like Reaves. Good player but he’s probably best suited as a 6th man coming in to get buckets. Untouchable except for anything besides a top 10 player is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard tho
Obviously that’s foolish. But Reaves + assets for a Caruso/LaVine or Murray/Bogdan deal. Yuck.

What am I missing? Is Austin Reeves that good? Without prior knowledge, one might assume he's a borderline All-Star based on these discussions, but in reality, that's quite far from the truth.

the problem with the lakers is the ideal version of this team is full of players who are supposed to cook during the regular season. Dlo and Vando are regular season players. Vando mostly gets played off the floor in the conference finals and nba finals. Dlo stops functioning once Lebron slows the game down and plays point guard in the later rounds.

Dlo has stepped it up lately after returning from injury and it’s cool to see. He plays way better when the offense is flowing through him and he’s able to play freely with confidence. Once he has to play off-ball he loses rhythm and isn’t as impactful. And he’s soft physically.

Vando is an awesome perimeter defender. He’s finally healthy off injury. He really pushed himself to play during the IST but I think it made his recovery time way longer. He gives Luka/SGA/Booker harder times than most defenders in the league. He’ll have to prove he can stay on the court in critical times but I like him off the bench to just defend and be a nuisance for like 20 minutes a night.

Reaves has been miscast this year as a 3rd option trynna get to the all-star game and score 20 points a game. He’s way better as a 4th option, filling in the gaps and playing off the stars. With the new CBA, his contract is one of the best in the league and it would take a lot for the lakers to get off him. I think he ends up staying.

The other 2 tradeable salaries Rui and Gabe. I like Rui but he hasn’t been able to find a rhythm all year due to unfortunate injuries (broken nose, concussions, etc), but on a larger scale, I’m not sure he’s the guy you want next to bron and ad in crunch time. He’s a great bench player and really solid for 20 minutes when paired with one of bron/ad, but I don’t think he fits while both are on the court, and if he can’t be one of the closing 5 then what’s the point?

TLDR: pretty confident lakers can not win the title with Dlo as the 3rd best player. He’s too inconsistent and the clock is ticking w/ bron so the lakers can’t afford to roll the Dlo dice just to see him disappear when it matters most (again). Lakers won’t get off reaves because his contract is too good. Vincent and Rui don’t really move the needle. Lakers are kinda stuck between hoping the current core works out w/ everybody healthy or combining Dlo/Rui and maybe gabe as salary to get a real piece in. Problem is the available players don’t really move the needle. If murray is the best they can pull, is it even worth it?

(I do think lakers would benefit immensely with Capela and I have always loved the idea of bogdonavic’s fit next to bron/ad) …. Ultimately I think the lakers/hawks/nets strike a 3 team deal before the deadline.

Lakers working w/ scraps & unwanted players should be something they have to suffer thru all szn.

Tired of other ppl bailing those losers out w/ favorable trades and gifting them generational talent.

Ideally stuck in the gutters for a while tbh.

LMFAO I love that the lakers are Capable of making folks this salty even as the 10th seed.

I’ve always loved the Knicks because they remind me alot of the lakers (just without the rings) but their fans some of the biggest haters on niketalk. Always got laker **** in their mouth.

This site is selling some wild *** shirts

SmartSelect_20240119_161916_Chrome.jpg

LMFAO I love that the lakers are Capable of making folks this salty even as the 10th seed.

I’ve always loved the Knicks because they remind me alot of the lakers (just without the rings) but their fans some of the biggest haters on niketalk. Always got laker **** in their mouth.

well, his name isn't mister nicer. dude goes at fellow knicks fans all the time

Trade hasn't even gone down yet and mans is already in S H A M B L E S
I am in no way like that Lakers thread when at its best. If it hasn’t been noticed, NY doing just fine rite now so I’m chilling.

sohi 23 sohi 23 always is a strong take given how little time I actually pay attention to yalls set of scrubs. Lakers has arguably the biggest fanbase on NT so naturally things concerning them will be discussed more.

Back
Top Bottom