The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

IMG_8115.jpeg

This doesn't even include all of this year's playoff stats, one of my favorite graphics in a minute:

GOginY-XcAA2kDh.png

They treat the Finals no different than a Summer League game it's pretty ***
Hate to nit pick but the presentation really made me feel like grandpa Simpson this season :lol: :smh:

They really killed any sort of atmosphere for the biggest showcase for the league and you wouldn't know the stakes at a glance. Felt like Friday night NBA broadcasts for regular season game 15 with the B-team commentators.

The start of the pre-games was extra trash showing us terrible takes from a chemistry-less crew of SAS, Malika, Wilbon, Bob Myers and *insert random player/CAA client* instead of the player intros and finals pageantry that actually makes it feel different and special.

No Finals branding/logos on court or the baseline either, besides YoutubeTV and Michelob Ultra because we obviously wouldn't know who the leagues partners are from the 20000 ads uring the game >D, or visible on the sleeves either. Only on the back of the jerseys.

I felt like Kendrick on Euphoria because I hated everything about the ESPN broadcasts nightly :lol: :smh: . The word has become overused like crazy but they really took a sledgehammer to the whole 'aura' and allure of the Finals this year. Did not feel like an event at all

That one dude wrote straight up manifestos about the history of the city of Boston in response to...18 > 12. Couldn't be me :pimp:

You responded to me with some dumb *** **** which seems to be a recurring thing amongst y'all Klan and I'm writing a manifesto (which clearly you don't understand the meaning of). Enjoy the celebration, hopefully won't be another 16 years until the next one for you.

Hate to nit pick but the presentation really made me feel like grandpa Simpson this season :lol: :smh:

They really killed any sort of atmosphere for the biggest showcase for the league and you wouldn't know the stakes at a glance. Felt like Friday night NBA broadcasts for regular season game 15 with the B-team commentators.

The start of the pre-games was extra trash showing us terrible takes from a chemistry-less crew of SAS, Malika, Wilbon, Bob Myers and *insert random player/CAA client* instead of the player intros and finals pageantry that actually makes it feel different and special.

No Finals branding/logos on court or the baseline either, besides YoutubeTV and Michelob Ultra because we obviously wouldn't know who the leagues partners are from the 20000 ads uring the game >D, or visible on the sleeves either. Only on the back of the jerseys.

I felt like Kendrick on Euphoria because I hated everything about the ESPN broadcasts nightly :lol: :smh: . The word has become overused like crazy but they really took a sledgehammer to the whole 'aura' and allure of the Finals this year. Did not feel like an event at all
Not even a nitpick tbh 🤷🏿‍♂️ That's what makes the event feel special. The set up is important. Every other sport and broadcast gets this except ESPN these days with the NBA coverage

Hell ESPN wasn't even this bad themselves a few years ago

They had the whole Spike Lee intros with the 🐐 Terence Blanchard doing the music a couple years ago. They at least tried to make it feel special with that.

Now we get SAS and Mike Wilbon rambling like it's NBA Wednesday for 30 seconds before we go to commercial and another 30 seconds and back to a commercial

We get those goofy *** courts for the In Season tournament which made players slip but the Finals logos are bad because of "safety"

1200x1200bb.jpg

Idc idc idc

I do agree on this. The Finals presentation needs a major overhaul.

espn just feeding what the majority want...hot takes and tom foolishness. audience don't care for the few guys they have that actually break down the game like legler

Last edited:
You responded to me with some dumb *** **** which seems to be a recurring thing amongst y'all Klan and I'm writing a manifesto (which clearly you don't understand the meaning of). Enjoy the celebration, hopefully won't be another 16 years until the next one for you.

This weird froth you worked yourself into has you calling me a Klan member. I guess some people will say anything behind their screen. Enjoy the continued celebration of the league's greatest franchise. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom