The Official NBA Season Thread

Can't say enough how tiring it is seeing everybody try to be Mike at the ends of games and hit a shot as time runs out. It's fun if it goes in, but like 9 times out of 10 it doesn't. But at least it was a tie game so you don't lose if you miss.
You’re tired of players trying to hit game winning buzzer beaters?? What… :rofl:

Someone explain this in basketball terms

I assumed this was some kind of pro am exhibition…
He won a celebrity golf tournament. So an amateur event.

He made an eagle on the final hole. Each hole on a golf course has a designated about of shots you need to get the ball into the hole.

This hole had a 5 shot requirement, Curry did it in three, which is really impressive.

An eagle is the like the golf equivalent of hitting a long-range three

He won a celebrity golf tournament

He made an eagle on the final hole. Each hole on a golf course has a designated about of shots you need to get the ball into the hole.

This hole had a 5 shot requirement, Curry did it in three, which is really impressive.

An eagle is the like the golf equivalent of hitting a long-range three
Hey hey hey hey hey. I’m a cultured sports fan and know how golf is scored sir ☝️

Just had to confirm what kind of event this was

You’re tired of players trying to hit game winning buzzer beaters?? What… :rofl:

:lol:

I just mean a team will be down by 1 or it's tied and there's like 20 seconds left. Instead of trying to just make a shot and get the lead period, it's like let the time get down to 5 seconds, proceed to try to do a bunch of moves, then throw up some garbage that rarely goes in. And a lot of times teams are down by 1 but are out on the 3-point line running the clock to 0 and then trying to put up a fadeaway 3. Just get the lead and play some defense. You can win the game on the defensive end too. Or get a rebound off a miss a la Derrick White. I can't even count the number of college or NBA related games where they try to run the clock down and be Mike, when there's a solid amount of time to get a good shot and run normal offense instead of just running down 20 seconds off the clock on an iso then getting some wild shot thrown up.

I know we all did the 3-2-1 thing, I get it. We all wanted to be like Mike, I get it. And it's summer league so sure, have fun with it. It just gets repetitive watching it fail over, and over, and over again. It's almost as annoying as announcers and some fans begging teams to foul up 3 instead of playing defense, as if that was ever a thing at any level. It's happened, yes, but the vast majority of the time basketball teams just play defense instead of fouling. But listening to these announcers and fans you'd think that was the agreed-upon strategy and fire the coach if they aren't fouling while up 3 at the end of the game.

He just signed the rookie max though a couple weeks ago. All indications are he loves it here.
Of course he signed it.

What was the last player to not sign that rookie max? Wolves management doesn’t show any promise due to the Gobert deal and what it entails for their future.

He signed it and will dip out.

Can school me on how Summer League playoffs work? Do some teams just opt out of the playoff?

Signing an extension means nothing - see: Damian Lillard. He certainly loves the money the Minnesota Timberwolves were exclusively able to offer him but I don’t know him personally nor can I see the future so I don’t know if he loves where things are headed. For what it is worth, EYE don’t think this is something to be in love with even with a rising cap:
IMG_1752.jpeg

Not to mention that doesn’t include what they owe him starting in 2024-2025.

I am not saying he is going to leave or wishing for a departure from the Wolves by the way. As of right now his situation just looks more like AD’s (or Dame’s) than Joker/Giannis’, respectfully. Only time will tell.
Signing an extension means something when the person loves it here + haven’t been itching for a trade subliminally for years (Dame), there aren’t any signs otherwise of Ant not liking it if you’d like to bring up anything at all that you can imagine. Lillard and Ant are not even comparable.

Bros storm2006 storm2006 and solesearchin solesearchin y’all have zero clue if you think he’s not here for the long term, just watch him in the playoffs every spring and stick to that, you know, what you know of him.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom