The Official NBA Season Thread

It’s Ant’s team. I don’t think he wants to leave yet. Especially once they get rid of Gobert

Signing an extension means something when the person loves it here + haven’t been itching for a trade subliminally for years (Dame), there aren’t any signs otherwise of Ant not liking it if you’d like to bring up anything at all that you can imagine. Lillard and Ant are not even comparable.

You are closer to the situation and more invested in the situation than certainly 99% of this thread and good portion of the basketball world so I will take your word for it. Is it premature to have these conversations? Totally. EYE just don’t think it is a wild idea to look at the situation today and think that down the line it he possibly want out.

Folks were speculating that Giannis might have wanted out before winning ring/signing his last extension and were lowkey doing it again before bringing back Brook. People are saying it about Embiid next summer. I just don’t see how given the circumstances that Anthony Edwards couldn’t be in a similar situation down the line.

It’s Ant’s team. I don’t think he wants to leave yet. Especially once they get rid of Gobert

No one is saying he wants to leave yet. That’s the whole point. The piece was titled “Why Anthony Edwards Will Eventually Demand A Trade” and there are very tangible reasons that exist today that could lead to him eventually demanding a trade. However, there is so much to play out between what happens to Gobert and KAT, what types of leap Ant takes in the coming seasons, how they draft, etc that it’s kind of ridiculous to talk about right now but at the same time you can’t scoff at the idea.

storm2006 storm2006 We’ll see and I thought you were gonna pull the Homer take, but instead you went with “a lot of times people closer to it” know, which I think is often true if you read what they’re saying open-mindedly with the BS meter also on, so props to you, and also know those close to it who are also cynical like me when it comes to sports might have the vibe of what might happen, if I’m signaling a positive tune.

Of course though we have to check in in like three years, but if he’s one of the best players in the league in three years he will be to Minnesota what Giannis is to Milwaukee. People will come join him despite it being in the Midwest.

Everybody signs the rookie max when offered.
Jeez I didn’t say otherwise, I said that combined with what I have been able to pay attention to with his situation makes me feel good that we’ll have him for the long term. Y’all see “rookie max” and remember the Occam’s razor of “everyone signs that” like that was the whole point :lol:

I really don't see Ant asking out anytime soon either. He has the keys to Minny and is hungry to turn this Franchise around. KAT though, he seems like he's content being a star in Minny and being a playin team.

I think the Wolves will be better trading him off for better fitting pieces.

If he can play all 82 and average 30 min a game he should get the MVP regardless of whatever his other stat averages are. :lol:

yes because the chances of that happening are slim lol... but I agree give him MVP automatic if he can play all 82 but I highly DOUBT it

Bros storm2006 storm2006 and @solesearchin y’all have zero clue if you think he’s not here for the long term, just watch him in the playoffs every spring and stick to that, you know, what you know of him.
Okay.

I believe you.

My response was more so signing the rookie max doesn’t mean a player is staying. Legit asking what was the last player that didn’t sign that rookie max so he could go to free agency.

Players take that max, pretend all is well, then bail.

I hope it doesn’t happen in Minnesota but I wouldn’t blame Ant for doing that if they can’t put a winning team around him (and I do not consider just making the playoffs a winning team, I’m talking legit contender).

Back
Top Bottom