The Official NBA Season Thread

They known for that. Let’s not forget how Suns got to the Finals to begin w. They bullied teams missing stars in route.

This is Denver’s time to show us what could’ve been in 2021

honestly all you guys needed was one of kawhi or pg to beat these clowns.

last few years injuries have ruined many teams title hopes
ezgif-2-7e4e68f9fc.gif

Kawhi has bad knees.

You can t really take games off in the playoffs and the regular season .

If you take the rs seriously maybe he can rest more against weaker competion round 1.

Kawhi has bad knees.

You can t really take games off in the playoffs and the regular season .

If you take the rs seriously maybe he can rest more against weaker competion round 1.
I think the idea is you want to put yourself in the best position health wise later. It's a catch 22 but that's the risk the Clippers/Balmer took with Kawhi's health

People thought Giannis could rest against the Heat as weaker competition and look where they are 🤷🏿‍♂️

Clippers in the same situation if they fought for the 2nd or 3rd seed

No
mjlol (1) (1).png

You keep saying this as if anything has shown you Kawhi could play more games than he did

His knee obviously can't handle that load (pause) anymore
George doesnt exist?
Kawhi might be an exception if he's got some chronic knee issues and straight up cant handle playin anymore.
Point is it just straight up doesnt work. Bodies handle the load of an NBA game better the more games they play and the harder they practice. Injuries can happen any time whether u play 60 games or 80. Look at Giannis. Look at Embiid
Load management is dumb.

Very interested to see how the Nuggets play him. I expect them to be more physical with him than the Clippers were and to try to get him to give up the ball more.
Yeah not sure how Nuggets play with KD and Booker seeking out Joker in drop and loving the midrange. They should eat there

Denver defensively is less worse than the Suns imo so it's gonna be a shoot out. Still think depth will be an issue for PHX and I don't think Okogie and Craig hitting like that next round.

Ayton and CP3 can't do what they did this series against them

George doesnt exist?
Kawhi might be an exception if he's got some chronic knee issues and straight up cant handle playin anymore.
Point is it just straight up doesnt work. Bodies handle the load of an NBA game better the more games they play and the harder they practice. Injuries can happen any time whether u play 60 games or 80. Look at Giannis. Look at Embiid
Load management is dumb.
What about PG? He played and got hurt multiple times during "load managing". You want him to play through hamstring and knee injuries?

Of course injuries can always happen at any time but if you're trying to manage someone with previous injuries it's better to do something rather than nothing. Especially when you gave them bags

We're not talking about young guys fully healthy sitting on a random nights.

AD sat on back ends of back 2 backs and he's still playing. Bron has sat over the years and made it through the playoffs. Joker sat this year and he's still here

KD doesnt load manage. How has that worked out for him over the last few years? Better? Worse?

you keep saying it doesn't work but there's clearly players who ppl accuse of doing that play later in the year.

I think people should stop looking at it as a guarantee and more of a precaution strategy to players who clearly have mileage and a history that you need to manage

If you think that's dumb we can agree to disagree

What about PG? He played and got hurt multiple times during "load managing". You want him to play through hamstring and knee injuries?
No, i want him (and others) to play when they're healthy and not rest. I can understand sitting guys with super high miles on them (Like LeBron with damn near 20 years of Regular season plus playoffs) on back to backs or in reg season games if a small injury is popping up being extra precautious, but a healthy guy in their 20s like Giannis shouldnt be missing games.

PG has said himself on his podcast that he doesnt think it works in preventing injuries and is actually making them weaker as they play less games and practice less. its on the medical staff's, its not the players making these calls.

Back
Top Bottom