The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I binged it when I had Covid. It's mid to me.

Watched it cause it said Outer Banks.

It may be mid but would you say the same about All-American and Power/what they have evolved into?

To be clear - this would be watching for shenanigans and unintentional lulz, not quality television :lol:

It may be mid but would you say the same about All-American and Power/what they have evolved into?

To be clear - this would be watching for shenanigans and unintentional lulz, not quality television :lol:

I don't think this show has the same laughs Power and All-American gives me. At least I wasn't laughing.

Yea Outer Banks is highly unrealistic and a bit like Goonies/National Treasure. That said the first two seasons have been entertaining so I'll definitely check out the next season regardless.

1675378647290.png

I WANT to get into this show, but it start losing me I think in the hotel scene. Unless I have the first season mixed with another show.

It just so happens I recently did a school assignment on the streaming industry and Netflix.

The revenue figures are pure speculations on my part if main households pay the extra $3 to share passwords and/or the moochers (me being one of them :lol: ) pay $7 for the basic ad-based plan. Not factoring in cancellations but if you got $16 for the standard plan allowing sharing then you probably got $20. Especially if you don’t want your college kids or retired parents to lose access.

More thought and research has gone into this than we the public can imagine. But if you look at the history of price hikes, which this essentially is, they are projecting net subscriber growth even after the attrition. Also factor in the remaining 50M+ cable tv subscribers slowly cutting the cord still.
Yea I remember back in 2011, people were complaining about the price hikes and threatening to unsubscribe. And despite that, Netflix just kept making record profits.

The public's perception is that there are cheaper alternatives and/or with better content. But Netflix marketing dept has some a lot of analysis on this (more than any of us have) and found that its equilibrium price needs to be higher. Netflix probably knows what it's doing.

Netflix and Hulu used to be the only games in town. They've had years to get a big lead on all the others, so it'll be a while before they're truly threatened. I remember when they had a deal with Starz and Starz wanted them to charge more or else. I think that was the beginning of them moving to original content.

It is kinda backwards that they're doing things to piss people off when there's more competition than ever. Usually you do stuff like that when it's the other way around.

I wouldn't put too much faith in their experts and their research. I'm sure trash like Google Stadia, just to name one example, had a lot of experts running analysis as well :lol:

I'm thinking about dropping them till Stranger Things comes back. Not because of the recent announcement, but because I never watch it. I'm sure they'll eventually try to force people into yearly subscriptions. That way people can't get in for a month then get back out after they see the one show they wanted to see.

You People sucked.
So bad, i couldn't finish the film and ive only done that 1 other time with films.

This could have been Superbad 2. Jonah hills character seemingly apologetic every minute he starts dialogue with a colored person and simultaneously has no problem insulting his mom.
Everything was crap except the casting, such a shame.

So bad, i couldn't finish the film and ive only done that 1 other time with films.

This could have been Superbad 2. Jonah hills character seemingly apologetic every minute he starts dialogue with a colored person and simultaneously has no problem insulting his mom.
I do not like him as an actor, I think the only movie I have tolerated him in as The Wolf of Wallstreet. I put him and Melissa Mcarthy in the same category, I am a "big" person doing something laugh at whatever I do. Every person thinks they are Chris Farley.

Yea I remember back in 2011, people were complaining about the price hikes and threatening to unsubscribe. And despite that, Netflix just kept making record profits.

The public's perception is that there are cheaper alternatives and/or with better content. But Netflix marketing dept has some a lot of analysis on this (more than any of us have) and found that its equilibrium price needs to be higher. Netflix probably knows what it's doing.
not sure about they know what they are doing but if they think that people keep their Netflix account because of their content and because that's what their analysts say so, they could be in a rough awakening. other providers are getting to that same level of content, streaming quality and originals with Netflix at a much cheaper subscription fee. we are now getting pretty close on cancelling our subscription, something that we hadn't even considered of doing after more than a decade of being with them. I believe this is more of the typical shareholder interference, greed and influence. they seem to have developed that Blockbuster Video attitude of arrogance. if this new policy is implemented and begin penalizing subscribers to satisfy their shareholders, I guess we're walking out the door.

I think the better movie would’ve been a story with Jonah Hill’s family at the center.

I think the article said like 100 million folks globally share accounts so yeah something is going to give. They really have that much confidence in their platform that they think a majority of them will just sign up for new accounts :lol: It's not THAT good.

when my netflix doomsday comes, i’ll be taking my hard earned money and subscribing to some only fans accounts instead.

Yup first episode of Mayor of Kingstown S2 was straight. 2nd episode dropping tmrw.
Just started show, dope so far. They really need to start making some money off all this work. Guys just getting by. Moms hit the middle son in the gut saying "you have no friends.":smh:

Definitely forgot plenty of other options available to us with less hoops to jump through.

Unsure where you are getting your numbers but they just lost a million subscribers between March and August.

Still looking for new data but doubt they righted the ship between Aug and now to gain 2 million subscribers. They haven't gotten better to grow that many subscribers. Disney is "right on their heels" 15 million away.
I’m beginning to wonder if their whole endeavor was just a successful scheme that’s finally catching up to them.

Like a long term movie pass :lol:

Between the raise in subscription fees, cracking down on password sharing, mediocre to trash content, and mainly relying on mainstream hotels to keep their name out there buzzing it looks like more struggle than success.

The worst thing they do is the cheapest plan they offer only lets you stream their stuff in standard definition. I don't think any other service does that.

Last edited:
I’m beginning to wonder if their whole endeavor was just a successful scheme that’s finally catching up to them.

Like a long term movie pass :lol:

Between the raise in subscription fees, cracking down on password sharing, mediocre to trash content, and mainly relying on mainstream hotels to keep their name out there buzzing it looks like more struggle than success.
they might have hired the same shareholders from Blockbuster Video.

Costner like I saw how things worked out for Tom, I am leaving the show. Wild though she acting like homie can't be out working.
I always feel bad for Cole Hauser he always reminds me of Great Value Matthew McConaughey. Been on the show since the beginning thinking he was getting groomed for the lead role.

However rumor has it Matthew is taking over the series, big brother shunning little brother. LMAO. I want to start the show but kind of annoyed Paramount won't let you stream early seasons of their own show. WTH
"Earlier today, Deadline broke the story, Paramount + and Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan have come up with a plan to end Yellowstone.

The parties have decided to launch a Matthew McConaughey-lead spin-off which will continue with the majority of the cast."

Welp starting You Season 4.

This is me every damn episode:
0974DF5A-821E-423D-90E6-F3F724073188.gif

Man, I’ve been so preoccupied watching movies on other premium channels and streaming services that I forgot this was out :wow: Going to start running through this by the weekend at the latest

Back
Top Bottom