The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Patrice O'neals stand up is
laugh.gif
I watched Elephant In The Room or whatever it is at my boys crib last week....*real tears*

"I bet your %$%## taste like hope" 

made ole girl feel uncomfortable as hail sitting in the front row
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I watched Elephant In The Room or whatever it is at my boys crib last week....*real tears*

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I agree.... but what specific storyline in season 2? drawing a blank for some reason. watching season 5 as we speak.[/color]

Putting it in a spoiler, if you haven't seen the show don't click.
Spoiler [+]
Landry and Tyra's whole murder plot was absurd. I'm pretty sure I've read the writers say they completely regret that storyline

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I agree.... but what specific storyline in season 2? drawing a blank for some reason. watching season 5 as we speak.[/color]

Putting it in a spoiler, if you haven't seen the show don't click.
Spoiler [+]
Landry and Tyra's whole murder plot was absurd. I'm pretty sure I've read the writers say they completely regret that storyline

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]oh yea. the whole rape thing was a really good angle... deep and dramatic. but then it just got stupid.  [/color]

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]oh yea. the whole rape thing was a really good angle... deep and dramatic. but then it just got stupid.  [/color]

Originally Posted by The King 25

Does anyone have problems with audio?

At times it gets really soft in which I have to turn it up extremely loud, then the scene changes as does the sound level and it nearly blows out my speakers.

Any way to adjust the audio settings?

This happen to you.. oh ok I thought it was my tv..I absolutely hate this because I cannot watch my Netflix at night. . because I'm afraid of it being too loud. .

Originally Posted by The King 25

Does anyone have problems with audio?

At times it gets really soft in which I have to turn it up extremely loud, then the scene changes as does the sound level and it nearly blows out my speakers.

Any way to adjust the audio settings?

This happen to you.. oh ok I thought it was my tv..I absolutely hate this because I cannot watch my Netflix at night. . because I'm afraid of it being too loud. .

real life...

so, i should watch friday night lights?

( tried to watch mad men... if the first two episodes are slow idc I'm not gonna continue watching... lost is whack to me... seen the rest)

real life...

so, i should watch friday night lights?

( tried to watch mad men... if the first two episodes are slow idc I'm not gonna continue watching... lost is whack to me... seen the rest)

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Not in a critical way, but your thinking is one of the reasons the show was so unsuccessful commercially. It's not just a football show, it's a hell of a lot more. Besides Kyle Chandler providing one of the best performances on TV as Coach Taylor, it deals with family, marriage, expectations and pressure of being a teenager, drugs, racism, education, and tons of other issues facing contemporary American society. The show is based around the football team, coaches, players, the town itself as a character, but you don't have to like the football scenes to like the show. My mom never cared about any of the football scenes and she watched every episode religiously.

I'd assume if you dislike the football scenes that much, the rest of the positives would outweigh that one problem. Other than a 2nd season that suffered due to the writer's strike and one, tiny, absolutely ridiculous storyline, the show was flawless. Probably second only to the Wire in regards to shows that pull you in with characters and stories, and make you truly feel a part of their world.
QFT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and they just added season 5 on Netflix ...

What was the ridiculous storyline you speak of?  Nevermind, I just read your spoiler ... I felt it was out of place but it still fit in the "hopelessly devoted" aspect of the relationship ...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Not in a critical way, but your thinking is one of the reasons the show was so unsuccessful commercially. It's not just a football show, it's a hell of a lot more. Besides Kyle Chandler providing one of the best performances on TV as Coach Taylor, it deals with family, marriage, expectations and pressure of being a teenager, drugs, racism, education, and tons of other issues facing contemporary American society. The show is based around the football team, coaches, players, the town itself as a character, but you don't have to like the football scenes to like the show. My mom never cared about any of the football scenes and she watched every episode religiously.

I'd assume if you dislike the football scenes that much, the rest of the positives would outweigh that one problem. Other than a 2nd season that suffered due to the writer's strike and one, tiny, absolutely ridiculous storyline, the show was flawless. Probably second only to the Wire in regards to shows that pull you in with characters and stories, and make you truly feel a part of their world.
QFT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and they just added season 5 on Netflix ...

What was the ridiculous storyline you speak of?  Nevermind, I just read your spoiler ... I felt it was out of place but it still fit in the "hopelessly devoted" aspect of the relationship ...

Originally Posted by boogie bwoy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

just started it, died in seconds.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by boogie bwoy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

just started it, died in seconds.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom