The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I thought The OA was great. It took some time to digest, to wrap my head around that ending....then I woke up one day and realized, there was something else left..

Agreed, I think... I thought it was very creative and pretty original, I love stories like that, that have a clear story they follow, but leave a lot to the imagination. Sort of reminded me of Donnie Darko a bit, which is one of my top 5 movies ever. I would watch a second season, but if it's a one and done series I'm OK with that too. I liked the ending, just felt the last couple episodes were a little rushed.

Chance is great

D is a great character/ beast
You're seriously the first person I've talked to that has actually even heard of the series, much less watched it. People are missing out on this one. Hulu did a terrible job promoting it.

Anyone watch Medici masters of Florence? I'm still trying to figure out if that was a comedy, or historical drama...they seriously had Walder Frey kiss Robb Stark smh... BTW Versailles was very good if your into historical dramas.

I thought The OA was great. It took some time to digest, to wrap my head around that ending....then I woke up one day and realized, there was something else left..

Agreed, I think... I thought it was very creative and pretty original, I love stories like that, that have a clear story they follow, but leave a lot to the imagination. Sort of reminded me of Donnie Darko a bit, which is one of my top 5 movies ever. I would watch a second season, but if it's a one and done series I'm OK with that too. I liked the ending, just felt the last couple episodes were a little rushed.

Chance is great

D is a great character/ beast
You're seriously the first person I've talked to that has actually even heard of the series, much less watched it. People are missing out on this one. Hulu did a terrible job promoting it.

Anyone watch Medici masters of Florence? I'm still trying to figure out if that was a comedy, or historical drama...they seriously had Walder Frey kiss Robb Stark smh... BTW Versailles was very good if your into historical dramas.
It does have that Darko feel a little bit yea. Darko is about to come on ElRey right now.

Since when was Menace II Society on Netflix? One of the GOAT's. They need to put City of God on Netflix..
City of God: 10 Years Later is on streaming.

It's a documentary about the cast.
Need to peep. I've seen City of God so many times. One of my go to movies to rewatch when i don't know what to watch or I'm bored. 

Also I thought it was on Netflix? or maybe it was on HBOGo? I swear I just streamed it recently 

This video on why its such a great movie>>> 
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

City of God is in fact.....the GOAT movie.

Can watch that 1 million times. Just brilliant alll around. Watched menace to society the other night. Never gets old.

There was once a time where Netflix had City of God and Hoop Dreams on. Must wacthes.

City Of God was Netflix last yr or was it 2 years ago? Lol cant remember but it was kinda recent. Got that jawn on Blu Ray anyways :pimp:

Just finished Narcos

Next up..... House of Cards.

Heard good things about it.
Woah dude I'm pretty jelly that you get to experience House of Cards for the first time 

All seasons are good but I thought first season was mind blowing amazing!!
City of God: 10 Years Later is on streaming.

It's a documentary about the cast.
Is the doc good? 

I've been tempted to watch but always seem to get distracted by something else.

If anyone is looking for a good series I recommend The Killing.

Murder mystery-esque. 

I watched it a while ago but it was really addicting.

If anyone is looking for a good series I recommend The Killing.
Murder mystery-esque. 
I watched it a while ago but it was really addicting.

Og or American reboot.

The reboot was trash. Had a chance but stretching the case out 2 seasons ruined it for me.

The Netflix original Coin Heist was garbage. It's only an hour and a half, but still was bad movie. Storyline was off, just ranting.

Not Netflix but finished the first season of Fargo on Hulu...Lorne Malvo is the flyest hitman ever. Them coats were too fire

Last edited:
The Killing is amazing.
Season 1 and 2 is ridiculous. But my favorite part is the execution scene in season 3 where they're dragging dude to get executed. Was so intense, I felt his hopelessness.

Linden is the worst mom ever though.

RIP: Here are the only 4 shows Netflix has ever canceled

Longmire': Canceled after 6 seasons (3 on Netflix)

'Lilyhammer': Canceled after 3 seasons

'Hemlock Grove': Canceled after 3 seasons

Marco Polo': Canceled after 2 seasons

'Bloodline' will 'conclude' after 3 seasons

Back
Top Bottom