The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Monique won an Oscar for aadrama though. How dare she think she was worth more than 500 for a comedy... It's not like her barbershop/salon movies even did that well.

Any chances Netflix introduces a streaming subscription of just Netflix Original programming alone? If so, how soon would it take before we see it.

Really want to catch up on some shows I fell behind on, but definitely want to watch that Chris Rock special.

You think she deserved more Than kat?
I don't think she deserves more than deray honestly.
Kat been out here on the comedy circuit consistent. Through all his trials and tribulations he still out there filling comedy clubs.
Deray been killing it on hip hop squares. Other shows comedy clubs. They deserve whatever netflix gave them.
When was the last time she been on the road Grinding? When was her last comedy movie and how well did she do? Why the heck should Netflix had just dropped half a million on her for comedy she hasn't done in damn near 10 years? She may have been able to get away with a million or more like 5 years ago. But now.... I can name 10 comics better than her not named chappelle or Rock

You think she deserved more Than kat?
I don't think she deserves more than deray honestly.
Kat been out here on the comedy circuit consistent. Through all his trials and tribulations he still out there filling comedy clubs.
Deray been killing it on hip hop squares. Other shows comedy clubs. They deserve whatever betflix
How much did KATT get?

How much did KATT get?
I dont know Netflix doesn't typically release numbers. I think we only know about Dave chapplle because he said it.
The way Katt has talked in interviews. doesn't seem like they gave him anymore than a million.

But doing specials don't necessarily make comedians money. They make their money on the road, doing the same material night to night. When they do a special that everyone has seen, then they need to retire those jokes/stories. and make up new routines.
That's all im saying Mo'nique should've had done first. went out and reproven herself like Katt seems to have to do every year.
I'm not about to feel sorry for someone NOT getting 500k to just reappear out of no where and do a special. when the smaller but funnier people still not even getting 1/4 that.
She got well over what she deserved imo.

It’s good that Katt is still getting bags after getting in all that trouble.

Katt still out here relevant, I never really followed his stand ups, but I do think he's funny.

Lol, jokes wise Kevin isn't much funnier than anyone... Just his delivery and enthusiasm is high.

Turns out Tiffany getting 800k for her special.
Which IMO is fair ( I may knock her up to 1 mil) but she's still not universally known yet, girls trip was her great introduction good story on her part. A mil is fair this gives her more exposure

Finished Dark - enjoyed it after I got passed the dubbing issue
Finished Altered Carbon- I liked it as well. not too mention looked amazing in DV.
Started Ozarks with the wife.
What is next for me to try my fellow NTers.

I watched 1922 the other day, can't say I liked it.
Saw a decent documentary called Jago. it's about a 80 years old indonesian divers.
Ozark was :pimp: so was godless. Did not liked the end of the ****ing world as much as everyone else did. La casa de papel is also:nthat:. Dark is cool if you like paranormal stuff if not then it aint for you.

Almost finished with Everything Sucks! Love all the 90's references as I was born in 85'. Not as good as Freaks and Geeks but it has been an enjoyable show and interested where they take it with season 2 (not sure if it has been picked up?).

Looking for more British Drama series
Finished Doctor Foster
Finished Paranoid
Finished Luther and Sherlock
Finished Broadchurch
all in the past week and a half. I need more British dramas. Any suggestions? I have Amazon Prime and Hulu too.
I like British dramas because the series are so short, can almost finish a season a day.

Also liked Seven Seconds, the last 2-3 episodes kept me off my seat. Wish there were another...10-15 minutes at the end to wrap it up, I hear that there may be a second season but it would be anthology type.
I liked Everything Sucks, felt the first two episodes were TOO 90's nostalgia thrown at one time, but after all ended, I wanted more.

How do British series work?

Every time I get on one they only have like 3-8 episodes...

Do they just have a short series over there?

Looking for more British Drama series
Finished Doctor Foster
Finished Paranoid
Finished Luther and Sherlock
Finished Broadchurch
all in the past week and a half. I need more British dramas. Any suggestions? I have Amazon Prime and Hulu too.
I like British dramas because the series are so short, can almost finish a season a day.

Also liked Seven Seconds, the last 2-3 episodes kept me off my seat. Wish there were another...10-15 minutes at the end to wrap it up, I hear that there may be a second season but it would be anthology type.
I liked Everything Sucks, felt the first two episodes were TOO 90's nostalgia thrown at one time, but after all ended, I wanted more.

I recently binged Poldark on amazon and the most recent season on pbs free trial sub. New season should start this summer. Liked the show a lot and eleanor tomlinson is a redhead goddess. Have you checked out Downton Abbey? It’s made by the same pbs masterpiece people.

Back
Top Bottom