The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

All-American was pretty cool. I had no idea it was even a CW show until I caught it on Netflix. Hopefully it gets renewed for a second season.

Finished The Order today, I'm pretty mad that's how they ended it. Seemed like a series finale

Also decided to look through Prime Video after a long hiatus and there's a few classic (Major Payne) and few recent (A Quiet Place) movies that I'd love to watch but I forgot about Amazon and Google's beef so can't cast to my TV or download an app on my Android TV to stream em

All-American was pretty cool. I had no idea it was even a CW show until I caught it on Netflix. Hopefully it gets renewed for a second season.

I just started watching it as well and I agree. It's a pretty good show.

All American was good. Hope there is a Season 2, haven't seen the announcement yet.
Finished Santa Clarita S3 finally.
Still working on On My Block S2.

Santa Clarita was a bit cheesy this season, spent a bunch of time wondering how I got into this show but the season finale was pretty cool

i like Santa but now that I have a kid, they say the F word a lot so we can't watch like we use to.

Just finished cocaine island. Cool story but the blatant white privilege is maddening to say the least. Dude gets caught literally gets a slap on the wrist and back to his normal life :rolleyes But they out here ruining POC lives over minor infractions.

yea i thought that show was laughable. Once i realize the dude telling the story actually got caught and got a netflix deal to tell his story

Finished The Order today, I'm pretty mad that's how they ended it. Seemed like a series finale

Also decided to look through Prime Video after a long hiatus and there's a few classic (Major Payne) and few recent (A Quiet Place) movies that I'd love to watch but I forgot about Amazon and Google's beef so can't cast to my TV or download an app on my Android TV to stream em
If you have a laptop you can cast the chrome browser to it. It's so lame how screen mirroring is blocked for certain video apps though from a phone/tablet but if you have a laptop/desktop you can just mirror your desktop or cast a tab.

If you have a laptop you can cast the chrome browser to it. It's so lame how screen mirroring is blocked for certain video apps though from a phone/tablet but if you have a laptop/desktop you can just mirror your desktop or cast a tab.

Did that last night, quality was so bad idk if I can stomach it lol I'll just stream my normal way on my Mi Box in the living room. Might try to sideload the Prime Video app at some point tho

Did that last night, quality was so bad idk if I can stomach it lol I'll just stream my normal way on my Mi Box in the living room. Might try to sideload the Prime Video app at some point tho
Yea I've had mixed experiences casting tabs with either the audio being a second or so off or picture freezes here and there. Have resorted to just plugging it into the hdmi port here and there but it gets annoying not having a remote to pause/ff without having to go over to the laptop lol.

All American was good. Hope there is a Season 2, haven't seen the announcement yet.
Finished Santa Clarita S3 finally.
Still working on On My Block S2.

All American is great, esp for a “teen drama”

Read a few weeks ago, renewal was dependent on how it streams on Netflix. Critics love it, but it wasn’t a big ratings hit.

my wife steers that ship man. I cuss like a sailor and i get yelled at everytime...

Better put ya foot down!

Funny enough it's the opposite in my house, my wife cuss more than I do and every now and again I have to remind her to watch her mouth. Our girls are 3 & 4 and repeat stuff randomly

I'd say 2ish but yea, that baby ain't even graspin' the good English words
They may not repeat it, but we'd be fooling ourselves if we think they aren't comprehending the meaning the more it's used.

Then again, curse words outside of arguments tend to carry such little meaning.

I know personally, I don't watch that kind of stuff around the kids (1.5 and respectively but been like that since my oldest turned 1 for the most part) and I also try not to curse out of anger.

Better put ya foot down!

Funny enough it's the opposite in my house, my wife cuss more than I do and every now and again I have to remind her to watch her mouth. Our girls are 3 & 4 and repeat stuff randomly

Same, my wife cusses a lot. I usually dont. Every once in a while if I'm talking about something serious . Lol my son is only 1 years old. So he's close to that age, but she's still good for right now..

I don't want my son cussing for no reason. But if he Stubbs his toe, or something like that, it's cool with me.

my son dropped the F bomb in the park when he was 8. He was then brought home and picked up dog turds in the back hours for about 2 hours or so. Has never said a bad word since.

Back
Top Bottom