The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Decided to watch this new Tyler Perry movie, A Fall From Grace, since it seems to be the talk of the town. I've been a fan of his work since the stage plays back when we had to get them the bootleg dvd way so I continue to support all of his projects. With that beind said, I felt like this particular project was not that bad. With a good team behind him, this could have easily been a B+ movie, but his stubbornness is keeping him from reaching his full potential. I still feel like his best projects are Good Deeds & Alex Cross.

Always appreciate Tyler Perry for what he's done and trying to do. Had to think it through but i'm not with the folks that knock him for his depiction of black folks (anymore) because really, we know and love these people, we're just being embarassed because they're in front of white folks now. Can't be yelling keep it real but fall back when someone does. That said he should def get some other writers and creators on board.

yeah fall from grace wasn't that bad to me. the wigs were awful...had to suspend belief but that's with any movie, right?
overall tho it was decent considering I've watched most of the stuff worth watching on Netflix and hit a wall.

I saw circle last night (the thriller). that was trash...
I need more gameshow horror movies or movies like saw, die, escape room, etc.

I feel like I've already seen the cube and maybe the sequel? i'm not sure yet. any suggestions on or off Netflix would be great.

Let’s not forget about all the wild wigs on all those people heads - terrible :lol:
The Men's wigs were especially bad.
They should have hired MickeyDaBarber.(shorty is one year away from getting Racks from Hollywood because that mess in FallFromGrace won't be tolerated when Mickey hears about this.)

Decided to watch this new Tyler Perry movie, A Fall From Grace, since it seems to be the talk of the town. I've been a fan of his work since the stage plays back when we had to get them the bootleg dvd way so I continue to support all of his projects. With that beind said, I felt like this particular project was not that bad. With a good team behind him, this could have easily been a B+ movie, but his stubbornness is keeping him from reaching his full potential. I still feel like his best projects are Good Deeds & Alex Cross.
the family that prays is another good one imo

Show is 🔥
2FA6AD3F-DB12-40CF-AB6F-238481420ADA.jpeg

This is a German Show with English voiceover, while normally you can tell, these guys actually got people with decent accents and you can hardly tell at all.

They did the same thing with Money Heist.

They’ve done it right, like everything else they have been doing for years on end.
Some folks might think that the new emergence of Disney+ means an end for NETFLIX, I’d say the opposite. As long as NETFLIX is popping out good unique Original Content, NETFLIX isn’t going anywhere.

I hear that NETFLIX fell off at least once a week, but almost every week NETFLIX is dropping something that people are talking about.

NETFLIX has and will be KING.

Disney+ doesn't have enough content to rock with Netflix at the moment IMO.
maybe years from now but right now and the foreseeable future? na.

source.gif

Tyler Perry makes low budget work for a certain demographic. In more than 10+ years, what's improved about his film making? From cinematography to the writing. It's still amateurish.

Does anyone from under him move on to doing their own films or are they used by other people? Like all the people that came from Spike.

He gets a pass, because of all he's seemingly doing. But what about employing black writers? That's a major problem in Hollywood. Surely they could be better than him.

He thinks not writing a bunch of bull**** is lazy. I think it's lazy continuing to peddle bull**** to our people. Before at least you could say that some of his movies had good messages. He just throws a bunch of stereotypical characters on screen with no depth with remixed plots.

That video of him showing off all his scripts was so corny. Daddys Little Girls and Why Did I Get Married? Are the only ones that come to mind that I enjoyed. Haven't seen Fall From Grace yet...

Back
Top Bottom