The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

only good things involving tyler perry

1579809157813.png

1579809194721.png

1579809224928.png

lol blame my family from New Orleans. They came down one year to visit us in Mississippi and brought a couple of bootleg dvds with his stage plays on them. I still enjoy watching them over the big screen versions.

Always appreciate Tyler Perry for what he's done and trying to do. Had to think it through but i'm not with the folks that knock him for his depiction of black folks (anymore) because really, we know and love these people, we're just being embarassed because they're in front of white folks now. Can't be yelling keep it real but fall back when someone does. That said he should def get some other writers and creators on board.
This is how I've always felt about his characters in the Madea based material. All of us black people in the south can pin point family members that act like each of those characters.

Just finished watching the first episode of Aaron Hernandez. Decided to read back on this thread and see everybody opinion. Funny how nobody mentioned his crazy wife not getting jail time for disposing the gun.

Shorty was crying with her sister while at the same time trying to cover up what really happened. I guess she didn't want to give up that rich lifestyle. Just read that she went on to have a baby by one of Aaron's teammates. :smh:

Just finished watching the first episode of Aaron Hernandez. Decided to read back on this thread and see everybody opinion. Funny how nobody mentioned his crazy wife not getting jail time for disposing the gun.

Shorty was crying with her sister while at the same time trying to cover up what really happened. I guess she didn't want to give up that rich lifestyle. Just read that she went on to have a baby by one of Aaron's teammates. :smh:

Was she supposed to be single for the rest of her life?

She was ride or die.

She betrayed her entire family for her man. Probably told her sis Aaron is my husband and father of my child, you just had a boyfriend.

Showing up to court everyday, only one in the aisle. Showed up to the second murder case. Plus she disposing of murder weapons? That's a wife. Not to mention she did it in a way where she aint even get charged with aiding and abetting after the fact.

She cut from that Claire Underwood cloth. Cant even knock that she got with one of Aaron's teammates after he committed that. After that old law got reversed and she wasnt gonna get any money from the Patriots or NFL she had to find somebody new so she could maintain her lifestyle and care for her child.

Last edited:
playing dumb helped her a lot. so shes 40 million dollars richer but no father for kid. do wanna know if her and the sister talk now tho

Started watching Too Old to Die Young. This joint takes slow burn drama to the next level.

First two episodes are each an hour and a half long.

The first episode easily could have been done in 60 mins, the second in 30 mins. :lol:

Nicolas Winding Refn really be doing too much sometimes

Started watching Too Old to Die Young. This joint takes slow burn drama to the next level.

First two episodes are each an hour and a half long.

The first episode easily could have been done in 60 mins, the second in 30 mins. :lol:

Nicolas Winding Refn really be doing too much sometimes
Yo that has been in the queue forever :lol:

I seen how long the eps were and was like nah I'm not ready for this after seeing how ep1 went. 1 episode as long as a romcom movie.

You gotta have time and patience for that joint, cuz even binging it feels like a marathon.

Yo that has been in the queue forever :lol:

I seen how long the eps were and was like nah I'm not ready for this after seeing how ep1 went. 1 episode as long as a romcom movie.

You gotta have time and patience for that joint, cuz even binging it feels like a marathon.
I only watched two episodes and they both felt like watching movies. The second episode is almost entirely in Spanish too, except for a few lines.

The show has me intrigued but damn is it moving slow. Not only that, some of the dialogue moves at a snails pace because he interjects long pauses. The two main characters are both that emotionless, man of few words type that the Driver from Drive was.

I read a review and they said the show would have been a cult classic it the made better creative decisions. Plus rumor Refn pissed off Amazon. They hardly market it, and when it released Amazon didn't even announce it. Even worst, they didn't include it in the main UI menus. The only way you could find the show was to search for it. :lol:

Most of the rest of the episodes look 1 hr 15 mins on average. Except the finale, which is strangely only 30 mins :lol:

Recently finished the first season of The Americans on Prime. Pretty decent cold war espionage joint. Heard it gets much better.

But..dudes were kissing Keri Russell with dat herp on her lip in the first couple of episodes 🤢

I only watched two episodes and they both felt like watching movies. The second episode is almost entirely in Spanish too, except for a few lines.

The show has me intrigued but damn is it moving slow. Not only that, some of the dialogue moves at a snails pace because he interjects long pauses. The two main characters are both that emotionless, man of few words type that the Driver from Drive was.

I read a review and they said the show would have been a cult classic it the made better creative decisions. Plus rumor Refn pissed off Amazon. They hardly market it, and when it released Amazon didn't even announce it. Even worst, they didn't include it in the main UI menus. The only way you could find the show was to search for it. :lol:

Most of the rest of the episodes look 1 hr 15 mins on average. Except the finale, which is strangely only 30 mins :lol:
The only reason I even know about the show is cuz I saw Teller and Refn promote it on a late night talk show and the other writer Ed Brubaker (comic writer) talked about it.

The hype which died quick about the show I think was this being Refn's first tv series that would be very cinematic.
Recently finished the first season of The Americans on Prime. Pretty decent cold war espionage joint. Heard it gets much better.

But..dudes were kissing Keri Russell with dat herp on her lip in the first couple of episodes 🤢
That's not herpes :lol:

Matter fact that's the first time I've heard that referred to as herpes

Don't think many watched it but Altered Carbon season 2 is back on Feb 27th. However Anthony Mackie is the lead this season...
Screenshot_20200119-234154_Chrome.jpg
Still trying to move on from that Striking Vipers episode. Hard to look at Falcon the same way after that. However Simone Missick is in this season, if he don't ask to get a cup of coffee with all of that I am done with dude.
Simone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom