The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Binging through this Who Killed Malcolm X documentary. Highly recommend for those interested to watch.
Watching now. Too many episodes IMO. Could have been 3 or 4.

i could understand the wanting of fewer episodes but each of the 6 did touch on different but equally important parts. if anything they broke it up to get deeper into each part.

Def wanna recommends The Pharmacist. Its also kinda in the same vein as "Who Killed Malcolm X?" in that its just a regular citizen doing his own investigation into who killed his son and then eventually whose killing the sons and daughters of his rural hometown in New Orleans. Spoiler: def involves Big Pharma.

Do people still watch that show? Had no idea if it was still going. Stopped watching a few seasons ago. Another show that showtime keeps dragging along until it fades into Bolivia.

It got back on track kind of after they finally got rid of Brodie.

but yeah Showtime always keeps shows going way too long, from Dexter to Weeds.

Do people still watch that show? Had no idea if it was still going. Stopped watching a few seasons ago. Another show that showtime keeps dragging along until it fades into Bolivia.

Outside of that last season with Brodie, this show definitely didn’t drag.

It was like watching real life every season.

Started watching Who Killed Malcolm X as well. One of my favorite books is the Autobiography of Malcolm X so this is a great refresher along with bringing to light much more information around his time with the NOI and his untimely death.

I'm about half way through Locke & Key. It's cool so far. I continue to watch it out of curiosity of what happens next. Should finish it in time for Narcos on Thursday.

Finished The Witcher last night. I thought episodes 4-7 were strong but the others lacked. Netflix needs to put a bit more money into this and get a few more familiar faces imo.

First 3 seasons, first 2 seasons great even.

After Brody died the show lost itself a bit. Meandered for a few seasons. Then it caught fire again with Saul throwing temper tantrums on the tarmac. From then on they started stringing along plots from movies, biochemical terrorist attacks, Russian secret agents and spies, American treason, and then they started mirroring politics of today to a scary effect.

Series is finishing pretty strong.

This documentary on Malcolm X & the NOI pissed me all the way off and is the major reason why I refuse to follow a religion. The way the NOI brainwashed all of those black people just to take advantage of them so the top of the cult could live in $100K homes is crazy. They let 2 of their so called brothers sit in jail for years for a crime they didn't commit while also knowing who the real killers were down to the person who delivered the death blow to Malcolm. Was shocked to see even Muhammad Ali had turned his back on Malcolm.

Wanted to give people some time before discussing it, but man! Agreed with your point the NOI...the deified Elijah Muhammad to the point they were blinded. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, but no one ever had any really intention of finding Malcolm’s killers smh.

That community in Newark takes the biggest L though. I was utterly disgusted - they’ll never be able to live that down.

Last edited:
This documentary on Malcolm X & the NOI pissed me all the way off and is the major reason why I refuse to follow a religion. The way the NOI brainwashed all of those black people just to take advantage of them so the top of the cult could live in $100K homes is crazy. They let 2 of their so called brothers sit in jail for years for a crime they didn't commit while also knowing who the real killers were down to the person who delivered the death blow to Malcolm. Was shocked to see even Muhammad Ali had turned his back on Malcolm.

That was the worst part to me. He didn't seem as bitter and angry as I would be.

yeah its both sad and wild and tbh I def would have joined back in the day had I been old enough. no question. one of my uncles was a part of the NOI at one point. even worse I know I would have been FOI for sure the way my mind works.

smhhhhh.

I like the structure of the NOI to a certain degree, but I couldn't see myself joining because of the dictatorship. I don't want anybody telling me what to eat and when to sleep. Then the fact that you have people ready to kill if you have an unfavorable opinion is scary as well. I just don't believe in one person having that much power over a large group of people because you know deep down that there's a lot of corruption going on.
With that type of power, the NOI could have built a city/state for their all of their black followers to thrive off of. Instead, you have a regular ol pyramid scheme.

In the documentary they said Elijah gave Malcolm a house, but tried to take that house back once he fell out of favor with Malcolm. If that aint some pimping my people type stuff.....

I like the structure of the NOI to a certain degree, but I couldn't see myself joining because of the dictatorship. I don't want anybody telling me what to eat and when to sleep. Then the fact that you have people ready to kill if you have an unfavorable opinion is scary as well. I just don't believe in one person having that much power over a large group of people because you know deep down that there's a lot of corruption going on.
With that type of power, the NOI could have built a city/state for their all of their black followers to thrive off of. Instead, you have a regular ol pyramid scheme.

In the documentary they said Elijah gave Malcolm a house, but tried to take that house back once he fell out of favor with Malcolm. If that aint some pimping my people type stuff.....

Tell you what to eat and when to sleep - that’s not how it works :lol:

It’s not a dictatorship, well not how it was then - mainly a leadership structure.

The NOI have changed tremendously from when the Hon. Elijah was in leadership.

. If you’re wanting to know facts and understand the NOI - go ask someone that’s apart of it or visit a local mosque.

Finished "The Pharmacist", thought it was good. Interesting story, I can't imagine going through that as a father. How bad is the luck of the doctor dealing pills though...all types of health stuff and then a car accident.

I'm about half through, "Who Killed Malcolm X', I'm a sucker for anything historical. Interesting the relationship with JFK and how the political side played in to all of that.

First 3 seasons, first 2 seasons great even.

After Brody died the show lost itself a bit. Meandered for a few seasons. Then it caught fire again with Saul throwing temper tantrums on the tarmac. From then on they started stringing along plots from movies, biochemical terrorist attacks, Russian secret agents and spies, American treason, and then they started mirroring politics of today to a scary effect.

Series is finishing pretty strong.

Felt the same way as you when Brody died in Homeland. Didn't care much for the show after that.

The entire first ep I'm like this a miscast. How this old white man bag this younger shorty? How rich is he? :lol:

He rich but she old too.

It also shows how some white ppl aging like milk. Dude looks like 60 is around the corner.

October Faction the worst of Canadian TV my G. Terrible show - horrid acting, script, CGI.

All American -
I flipped it on and got sucked into the storyline. I really don’t mess with high school soap opera shows usually. I’m on episode 8 of 16, on the fence of tapping out or powering thru. Feeling redundant and too soap operaish. Lmk if y’all think I should keep going.

Back
Top Bottom