The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I just finished watching the Old Guard. Good premise but ended up being a paint by numbers action flick. Not bad but not particularly good either.

Here are my thoughts and take aways:
- those two gay guys being in a committed relationship for over a thousand years is the most unrealistic part of the whole movie lol. You never want to take a break or see anyone else? They don't argue or ever need space?

- If I were immortal, I wouldn't spend my time fighting and other people's wars

- If The main goal of Charlize Theron's character is to die like a regular person because she's tired, why keep fighting? Why not just chill out on a beach someplace?

- For being around for over a thousand years, these guys aren't particularly good in combat. They're only advantage is that they don't stay dead. They relied too heavily on the "Good guys play dead, the bad guy stopped paying attention then the good guys pick up their guns and shoot back" trope

The main character is let Chiwetel Ejiofor character go from a bad guy to a good guy far too easily. Literally happened in one scene lol

Last edited:
Unsolved Mysteries <3
Always been a fan, always watching a show similar called Cold Cases narrated by Danny Glover. Some sick people out there man.

Switching gears watching Hannibal when the kids are sleeping however watching a show called The Feed when they are awake. Just in case they walk into my office would rather them not seeing some of the stuff in Hannibal. Mom from Game of Thrones is in it, with a largely British cast. One of the lead women on the show is looking mighty tasty. Nina Toussaint-White.

Keep in mind she is British so her style is... Different.

This is her and her costar
nina-toussaint-white-feet-12-photos-002.jpg

I believe this is her husband, I really should have hit up London when I was single. Women out here just settling because of no worthy options. :smh::smh:
Really.jpg

I just finished watching the Old Guard. Good premise but ended up being a paint by numbers action flick.
Hear my thoughts and take aways:
- those two gay guys being in a committed relationship for over a thousand years is the most unrealistic part of the whole movie lol. You never want to take a break or see anyone else? They don't argue or ever need space?

- If The main goal of Charlize Theron's character is to die like a regular person because she's tired, why keep fighting? Why not just chill out on a beach someplace?
So basically you would have been Wolverine and Sabretooth, just fighting, getting captured, and not being killed. Eventually, William Stryker comes along.

- For being around for over a thousand years, these guys aren't particularly good in combat. They're only advantage is that they don't stay dead. They relied too heavily on the "Good guys play dead, the bad guy stopped paying attention then the good guys pick up their guns and shoot back" trope
I mean none of it was really realistic.

The whole point of the gay couple is that they were on some true love destiny ****. Also who is to say they were in a committed relationship the entire time? Doubt them dudes were just gay for a 1000 years. They obviously argue and it's easy to get space. What made you think they were glued together the whole time?

These aren't regular ppl that became immortal. These are all soldiers, knights, warriors that became immortal. So they just kept looking for another battle like soldiers do multiple tours in the theater of war. But yeah I agree I would've said **** this and just took over a country.

That definitely wasn't the main goal of Charlize's character. Her goal was to make a difference in the world. Probably after 2 thousand years she became cynical and jaded as we see her and now she just wanted to stop trying to make a difference and was hoping she'd eventually finally die so it could all be over.

That's the downfall of a healing factor. It makes you sloppy. No need to master any skills or become the best in some martial art when you can power through bullet and cut wounds to inevitably get your kill. Similar happened to Wolverine. A fat person can be a part of the old guard as long as their healing doesn't run out.

Last edited:
just watched the Walter Mercado documentary on Netflix

took me back :lol:

His manager was a scumbag.

Reactions: sb
Those 2 gay guys being together made sense to me. We hear booker talking about losing all the people he loved and how they didn't understand his immortality or why he didn't make them immortal too. Having a partner who is also immortal and understands makes things easier.

I definitely wanted way more flashbacks of Asian bae, Quynh.

I just finished watching the Old Guard. Good premise but ended up being a paint by numbers action flick.
Hear my thoughts and take aways:

Just watched. Yea the problem with them being immortal/healing is that's their only "power". You tie their hands and lock em in a cell and that's it for them. At least Charlize picked up fighting skills from different time periods.

Will watch the sequel

Always been a fan, always watching a show similar called Cold Cases narrated by Danny Glover. Some sick people out there man.

Switching gears watching Hannibal when the kids are sleeping however watching a show called The Feed when they are awake. Just in case they walk into my office would rather them not seeing some of the stuff in Hannibal. Mom from Game of Thrones is in it, with a largely British cast. One of the lead women on the show is looking mighty tasty. Nina Toussaint-White.

Keep in mind she is British so her style is... Different.

This is her and her costar
nina-toussaint-white-feet-12-photos-002.jpg

I believe this is her husband, I really should have hit up London when I was single. Women out here just settling because of no worthy options. :smh::smh:
Really.jpg
Bruh, I don't think it's about the options. Women don't care about looks as much as men do. You see attractive women dating below their league lookswise all the time.

I liked the Old Guard.

The purpose of the gay couple to me was to make them the United Nations Avengers.

It wasn't a big deal to me. That pledge of love seemed forced.

Might have to watch that Walter Mercado doc just out of respect to all Latina mothers and abuelas who would shush you whenever he was on TV giving out horoscopes.

The Old Guard 4.25/8 - Seems to be a decent universe here and the action was solid. I didn't love the plot it was generic and you could see everything coming. Ol' boy from Harry Potter was weeeeeeak.

Still on Marcella season 3.

The end of season 2 though. She gave herself half a Glasgow smile, sliced her face from the corner of her mouth up to her cheek with a dull scissor. :lol::wow:

The Old Guard 4.25/8 - Seems to be a decent universe here and the action was solid. I didn't love the plot it was generic and you could see everything coming. Ol' boy from Harry Potter was weeeeeeak.

Got halfway through and actually stopped. The lines came across way too cheesy and forced to me. I didn't like the Pharma dude either. Also, I feel like this Gun-Fu choreography stuff is just getting way to "rehearsed" as well.

Maybe it's because I've re-watched the John Wick Trilogy, Atomic Blonde, and Extraction all within the past couple months but it's starting to all look like the same moves to me now.

Might have to watch that Walter Mercado doc just out of respect to all Latina mothers and abuelas who would shush you whenever he was on TV giving out horoscopes.
It was pretty good. It dragged a little in the middle but picks up again when they start talking about his shady manager.

Finished a full re binge (all 3 seasons) of Dark last night. :wow: My mind is blown, great series got a little crazy towards the end, but it all tied together great. Anonye sleeping on Dark check it out, one of the best shows I've seen. Watching all 3 seasons I cought so many small details, man the writers paid attention to details. Look forward to whatever their next project is.

Back
Top Bottom