The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

That timeline is correct except there was a break during the month of March 2021. I binged the first half recently. There's only 13 episodes this season so it'll be done by mid-May.

Ahhhhhhh okay. I didn’t realize that there was a break during S2. Thanks for the clarification!

Snowfall will become your new favorite show. The writing isn't Breaking Bad level but its a FX show thats way better than SOA. It gets even better as you progress through seasons 2 and 3.

The praise is overwhelming at this point. Snowfall has officially jumped to the front of my queue. Wish I would have gotten on the bandwagon sooner.

pretty random but I absolutely love Dark side of the Ring on Vice. Its definitely more for those who may have been wrestling fans growing up (or maybe you still are!). Well produced and has that 30 for 30 on ESPN vibes, but about wrestlers.

Don't flame me. I grew up in the best era of WWF/NWA/AWA in the 80's to early 90's so this show is must see for me.

Hell, even if you're not a wrestling fan, I think you would enjoy the two part episode on the tragic life of Chris Benoit.

Hulu has both seasons going on right now. Season 3 starts soon.

pretty random but I absolutely love Dark side of the Ring on Vice. Its definitely more for those who may have been wrestling fans growing up (or maybe you still are!). Well produced and has that 30 for 30 on ESPN vibes, but about wrestlers.

Don't flame me. I grew up in the best era of WWF/NWA/AWA in the 80's to early 90's so this show is must see for me.

Hell, even if you're not a wrestling fan, I think you would enjoy the two part episode on the tragic life of Chris Benoit.

Hulu has both seasons going on right now. Season 3 starts soon.
Benoit episode and the black dude, can’t remember his name, that actually stabbed his opponent during the match :wow:

My man Casper Ware Jr. :pimp:

1. But what do you thing made that era the best era?

2. What are your general issues with today's wrestling?

I come in Peace.

I know this wasn’t directed at me but having been a huge fan during the Attitude/WCW era, the writing and execution of the wrestlers these days is jus so bland. Back then, you felt anything could happen and most nights, it did. Storylines these days focus too much on maintaining the status quo (especially after PPVs) and not uplifting the other parts around them to provide an overall better product imo

My man Casper Ware Jr. :pimp:

1. But what do you thing made that era the best era?

2. What are your general issues with today's wrestling?

I come in Peace.
1. Probably had more to do with my age? I'm 46 so i was in my prime years where wrestling still felt real. But the scripts were much better and mic skills were top notch. You couldnt get better than Ric Flair, Undertaker, Hogan, Macho Man, Piper, Dusty Rhodes, etc. I use to watch the NWA as if I was doing something I shouldn't as a kid. It was hardcore for those days. Also, the cocaine factor, and drugs in general, made it even better. These dudes were coked out of their minds and made their promo's must see. I will say, the athleticism back then doesn't come close to what the wrestlers do now. Like everything in sports, athleticism only gets better as time goes. Trying to stay up late one Saturday a month to watch Saturday Nights Main Event was the best of times!

2. Todays wrestling is bland. Needs more seasoning. I record everything, pretty much. Use to watch it all with my kids but they have moved on to video games so its just me fast forwarding to the interesting matches. But its nowhere near intriguing.

I know this wasn’t directed at me but having been a huge fan during the Attitude/WCW era, the writing and execution of the wrestlers these days is jus so bland. Back then, you felt anything could happen and most nights, it did. Storylines these days focus too much on maintaining the status quo (especially after PPVs) and not uplifting the other parts around them to provide an overall better product imo

EXACTLY.

And I’m not saying they need to bring back middle
fingers, naked chicks, etc. (although that would help lol); but the product has been so tame and clean for so long. And even when we do get a potentially compelling character who doesn’t fit the big-muscles meathead Vince McMahon dream, like a Bray Wyatt lets say, the higher-ups always find a way to mess him up. Shame really.

I've only seen the Montreal Screw Job and New Jack eps of Dark Side of the Ring but have been meaning to watch more. Especially the Jimmy Superfly Snuka ep. My Dad actually played rugby with him in Hawaii in the late 60's - early 70's and went to some of his matches in his early WWE days.

1618242046781.jpeg

Saw this Korean gangster movie last night and it was pretty good.
Koreans do angry revenge movies so well.

Movie was lit. Last part was so savage.

yang was the most sucka crime boss i’ve ever seen.

Just finished season 1 of Yellowstone

entertaining but no way I’m ranking that in my top shows like a-friend a-friend suggested.

reminds me of Sons of Anarchy, Indian va Cowboys version.

Yellowstone actually gets wayyy better. I felt the same way after S1. But overall, it's not better than Billions or Succession. It's still a very good show tho.

akajae akajae it gets much better as the Series goes on.
The Family to Farm dynamic really gets me.
Seeing people willing to ruin their lives to protect family and friends is something I feel is lacking in Humanity in General. Putting others before yourself holds a Special place in my heart and there aren’t many things I think more highly of, and Yellowstone is chalk full of that.

I watched it again after I finished it. I can’t say enough good things about that Series.

Last edited:
Started watching Gotham, I seen it before when it was on TV (few episodes) and liked how it was shot, so decided to give it another shot since nothing on Netflix is really interesting me.

Killed 9 episodes of S1 quick, was wondering how long each season is. Bruh, how the hell is each season (minus the 5th) 22 episodes. They had the crazy budget for this show. :lol:

Nah man watch closely. They just kept churning out that many episodes cuz the quality is wild trash

Show might as well have been on the CW with how bad it was.

Gotham was mad corny to me. Yeah, Arrow-verse shows were cheesy too but at least they embraced it. Gotham tried too hard to be edgy (which is understandable given the source material) and jus fell flat to me.

Back
Top Bottom