The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I know everyone has mentioned how absurd a lot of the movie is, but The entire Russia mission was shockingly horrible. Their idea to kill the aliens was the worst of all time. Why the hell would you even risk waking them up like that by trying to poison a handful of them to death while the entire ship is full of them? Why even do any of this at all if you were gonna blow up the ship anyway...

Resorting to hand combat with the queen alien and trying all sorts of nonsense ...at first I thought “ok this is dumb but I understand the desperation after the alien cut its own poisoned limb off”. But then, only when he’s about to die, he takes out another giant @&$ vial of toxin that he could’ve used minutes ago...if you’re going to resort to punching it and stabbing it in the face with the claw, might as well have poisoned the claw first!!

I was entertained but for all the wrong reasons :lol:
It makes so little sense I feel like this had whole other ending they had to scrap for whatever reason.

I know everyone has mentioned how absurd a lot of the movie is, but The entire Russia mission was shockingly horrible. Their idea to kill the aliens was the worst of all time. Why the hell would you even risk waking them up like that by trying to poison a handful of them to death while the entire ship is full of them? Why even do any of this at all if you were gonna blow up the ship anyway...

Resorting to hand combat with the queen alien and trying all sorts of nonsense ...at first I thought “ok this is dumb but I understand the desperation after the alien cut its own poisoned limb off”. But then, only when he’s about to die, he takes out another giant @&$ vial of toxin that he could’ve used minutes ago...if you’re going to resort to punching it and stabbing it in the face with the claw, might as well have poisoned the claw first!!

I was entertained but for all the wrong reasons :lol:

They had no concept of time and were just taking their sweet time like it wasn't a dangerous situation.

Your idea was to bother and test it out on a whole hive of them, and not just try to get one :lol:

When Chris Pratt was going Will Smith on the alien :rofl: Let me not use the vile I know that will work, I'm going to use the spike

Manifest is on NBC. Honestly the Netflix move probably helped make it a bigger show. I watched a couple eps from season 1.. I don't get the hype.

They had no concept of time and were just taking their sweet time like it wasn't a dangerous situation.

Your idea was to bother and test it out on a whole hive of them, and not just try to get one :lol:

When Chris Pratt was going Will Smith on the alien :rofl: Let me not use the vile I know that will work, I'm going to use the spike

they had 30 years to plan it correctly; instead, they give up on getting help and take like 4 people to inject hundreds of dormant aliens. Forget the execution of the plan; didn’t they say that the aliens emerged once the ice outside the ship thawed out? Using that logic, doesn’t cracking open the ship basically guarantee that they’re going to wake up and emerge...I don’t know man it was all over the place :lol:

all they had to do was take pictures of the ship and bring it back to get help.

also, you’re telling me that the government is completely cool with sending thousands and thousands of people thirty years into the future to fight nearly impossible to kill aliens, but is not cool with working out a deal with Russia to send a team to scan the area for the frozen alien hive....ok

sounds like the tomorrow war is equally as terrible and inconsistent in its plot as army of the dead. thanks for saving me the time yall

I knew Army of the Dead was gonna be terrible but I thought this joint might have been ok. Guess not lol.

People so turned off by network television that a show that everyone has access to goes unnoticed until Netflix highlighted the first 2 seasons …. Brilliant lol
Noticing this a lot the past few years, especially since I still watch weekly network and programmed tv.

The era for a weekly show seems to be done an masse and only reserved for great shows.

So Manifest, is pretty much “Lost”? This feels like a network tv show, that never aired, or I wasn’t aware of :lol:

i watched the first season and texted this to my boy.. “the more i watch manifest the more it seems like a CBS or NBC show. got equal parts serious and cheesy.”

had no idea it was already on TV

Noticing this a lot the past few years, especially since I still watch weekly network and programmed tv.

The era for a weekly show seems to be done an masse and only reserved for great shows.
Imagine they cancel the show …. When it’s at its height in popularity …… now I’m sure Netflix or some other channel would try to extend it or create a movie 😂

People so turned off by network television that a show that everyone has access to goes unnoticed until Netflix highlighted the first 2 seasons …. Brilliant lol
Facts. People want their adult content (language, violence, sex) and if it’s in network tv, the first thought is that it’s gonna be some pg-13 stuff. Then you got the one episode a week issue, it’s a wrap lol. Putting the network tv friendly content on Netflix doesn’t change the content but viewers give it a chance and a lot of times don’t even realize it’s a network show at first

Narratively, I don't know how this is going to work but I'm totally willing to sign up for a sequel

What why?

They gonna change their time travel rules? Somehow bring back that dead monster infested future and daughter? Pratt has another kid that needs help in another future war?

Or maybe the one interesting dropped subplot about how the monsters were a weapon to wipe out a planet's population by an entirely different alien race that crashed landed on earth thousands or millions of years ago is gonna be picked up? :nerd:

What why?

They gonna change their time travel rules? Somehow bring back that dead monster infested future and daughter? Pratt has another kid that needs help in another future war?

Or maybe the one interesting dropped subplot about how the monsters were a weapon to wipe out a planet's population by an entirely different alien race that crashed landed on earth thousands or millions of years ago is gonna be picked up? :nerd:

Time travel opens up an infinite number of ways they can go. Look at the Terminator sequels. We thought the story was over after the first movie because they saved Sarah Connor and John Connor was conceived and then we thought the story was over again after Terminator 2 once they destroy the T-800.

They can just keep manufacturing reasons to go to the future or come back to the past. Maybe the aliens who were transporting the white spikes come back to Earth?

It can't be any worse :lol:

I just hope that annoying unfunny dude isn't in the next one.

I thought the comic relief black dude was pretty funny but that's more my brand of humor.

Back
Top Bottom