The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Think I’m going to start Castle Rock...Been out for a while but I’m really starting to get into a Steven King groove with Pet Sematary coming out...

in the grand scheme of things, is the price increase really THAT serious to be mad about? its not like it went up to $40. gas prices fluctuate all the time. Netflix knows that people share accounts, and that they can't stop it. so they increase the price in order to capitalize on it. makes sense to me tbh. just like everything else, if you don't like, you don't HAVE to buy it/keep it.

in the grand scheme of things, is the price increase really THAT serious to be mad about? its not like it went up to $40. gas prices fluctuate all the time. Netflix knows that people share accounts, and that they can't stop it. so they increase the price in order to capitalize on it. makes sense to me tbh. just like everything else, if you don't like, you don't HAVE to buy it/keep it.

Your right, but everytime I turn around I hear about another price increase. Where does it stop? Hulus lowering prices, and Amazon has some big things in the works. Not including premium stuff like HBO, Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax this is just gonna scare people off, of not even debating on re upping each month with Netflix. They'll start rotating subscription services on what's the best deal for the month.

Your right, but everytime I turn around I hear about another price increase. Where does it stop? Hulus lowering prices, and Amazon has some big things in the works. Not including premium stuff like HBO, Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax this is just gonna scare people off, of not even debating on re upping each month with Netflix. They'll start rotating subscription services on what's the best deal for the month.

that's just how it is nowadays though. i'm not saying i'm in total agreement with it, but it is what it is. its not like we're binded by contracts anymore. this whole "jump ship" subscription service started when the phone companies stopped doing 2 year contracts. these companies know that people don't want to be tied down anymore.

again, if you guys don't like the current price increase and you don't like the selection anyway, then cancel? i'm not understanding why people get upset about the price increase, when they can cancel their subscription and not have to worry about it. sounds dumb if you're going to complain AND still keep the service. its like complaining about our government office, but then doesn't vote.

that's just how it is nowadays though. i'm not saying i'm in total agreement with it, but it is what it is. its not like we're binded by contracts anymore. this whole "jump ship" subscription service started when the phone companies stopped doing 2 year contracts. these companies know that people don't want to be tied down anymore.

again, if you guys don't like the current price increase and you don't like the selection anyway, then cancel? i'm not understanding why people get upset about the price increase, when they can cancel their subscription and not have to worry about it. sounds dumb if you're going to complain AND still keep the service. its like complaining about our government office, but then doesn't vote.

I'm a little upset, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either. I'm more upset that their content is just not what it used to be, and they raise the prices to budget for trash movies like triple frontier etc. Theyve canceled some good shows over money, IMO that's just bad business
Like I said earlier, they should increase prices when they drop new seasons of their flagship shows...not on slow months when theres nothing but mediocre shows at best dropping. Maybe I'm missing something just doesn't seem like a smart business move.

I'm a little upset, but I'm not losing any sleep over it either. I'm more upset that their content is just not what it used to be, and they raise the prices to budget for trash movies like triple frontier etc. Theyve canceled some good shows over money, IMO that's just bad business
Like I said earlier, they should increase prices when they drop new seasons of their flagship shows...not on slow months when theres nothing but mediocre shows at best dropping. Maybe I'm missing something just doesn't seem like a smart business move.

ftr, i wasn't speaking to you specifically. just speaking on the topic in general, bc i know of other people outside of this thread that are so outraged about the price increase. just bc you don't like the content, doesn't mean other other people don't either. i don't like a lot comedies/netflix specials on there, but i'm sure a vast majority have accounts solely for that content. that's why i said its all opinion based. i also know people that have cancelled their service bc they don't think the price increase is worth it, which is what i recommend. i just dont think that people should complain about things and not change them. like the "oh im fat", but doesnt eat right or exercise. or the "man im so tired", because they didnt go to bed til 3 am bc they were watching netflix.

maybe you can cancel until you see something you like come back. i think its the best course of action if you don't want to spend $15-$16 for a service you're not currently using. just my $0.02.

/rant

after all the good documentarys netflix has done, the disappearance of madeleine mccan was just meh, nothing groundbreaking as somebody that lived in Europe at the time that saw all the news around it

Be a lot less complaining about the price hike, if they raised the price the month this drops. As opposed to the same month Game of Thrones final season drops, and it seems that Netflix' biggest show is season 2 of Sabrina... I'm no business mogul, but whoever's idea it was to raise the price next month doesn't seem like they were thinking at all.:rofl:

DAMN why the brother got to get sprayed. LOL. Don't believe the wife and I have any plans but... DAMN just checked 4th is on a Friday so more than likely 5 day weekend if not 6. I might have to catch this the following weekend. However it looks good, got the tingling down my spine when things started to get crazy. I thought there was supposed to be a time jump of 2/3 years but kids look about normal age.

Back
Top Bottom