The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Damn dudes just spoiling shows currently airing.

Although I saw that part already, I need to chill on these threads until I catch all the way up.
Yea with this joint droppin in 2022 and Season 2 currently airing, I will spill it all talking to myself in here about S1
Sounds like you're further than me or I'd go ahead and throw spoilers for ya but man, just finished S1

Last edited:
Fam I did not see that coming either.
I knew when BOYD was talking to his Son because his Son was worried about Mom's Welfare and he was like, your Mom's the toughest out of all of us, she's an Ex Marine whatevs I was like okay she a bad one huh, 10minutes later she picking off the whole town with only one bullet per, straight gunner.

From started out good I've not even been interested after about half way through season 2 though. Kinds feels like a horror lost we're not gonna get any answers just more questions. I bailed maybe I'll check back once the series progresses, but I've completely lost interest didnt even watch the last 3 episodes and don't care . Side note I'm late probably, but I'm digging that showtime series yellowjackets a lot. Kinda of a modern take on lord of the flies. Season 2 finale was kinda meh but feels like it's building for season 3. Plus read there will be an episode between season 2 and 3 which is why they only ran 9 episodes for season 2. Curious where that goes becaue they kinda wrapped up season 2 as good as they could.

Am I the only one who thinks these last 2 months with Netflix have been terrible nothing but foreign meh shows and old movies. They used to have at least on decent series drop each weekend. Other than fubar there's been really nothing in terms of originals.

Maybe this belongs on GOT thread but some European production company is claiming since they axed the Jon snow spinoff a season 9 is being tossed around that centers on Jon snow... if grrm ever finishes wind's of winter I could see maybe a movie wrapping it up maybe even a 9th season. Depending on how grrm wraps up the book. It may differ alot to the way the series ended. All sound like rumors but it's not like they won't get ridiculous viewership. As long as d&d aren't attached I'd definitely be in. A movie sounds more probable than a season IMO. 🤔 Guess we'll see...

They don't usually pop up until Sunday after Midnight for me (through Xfinity). I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is 12 AM EDT too so like 36 more hours :lol:
New episode out will watch it when everyone is asleep, turn off the lights, popcorn and be READY.

Definitely wild if you not hooked with second season. Creepy factor turned up.

Damn, this Season 2 premiere is bringing a lot to the table. I had a feeling when the Bus rolled in with the EMSA slash nurse that she could be who she was. Poor Kenny, his face when he realized, no more yamb hopes for bruh…

Some interesting reveals coming from this latest episode. :nthat: Never even considered.

Kenny needs to man the F up, bro come on my man.

Man ****, From does well.
I mean, for such a new far the f out there show they do well. I never ask questions like, where does the electricity come from then, where does the food come from then?

BUT, as soon as I do start asking normal types of questions, the show delivers some answers.

Season 2 Episode 3 I finally FINALLY ask, where TF are they getting all of this “gourmet food” they give an answer. Now, I remember the goats and chickens episode where Sara tried the move on Ethan but still in the back of my head I was like ignoring ****, but about the time the Bus spends the first night and they all wake up and shorty is back from the place with Victor, I ask where tf did they or do they keep getting all this food then they start giving me answers. This is pretty impressive.

Man ****, From does well.
I mean, for such a new far the f out there show they do well. I never ask questions like, where does the electricity come from then, where does the food come from then?

BUT, as soon as I do start asking normal types of questions, the show delivers some answers.

Season 2 Episode 3 I finally FINALLY ask, where TF are they getting all of this “gourmet food” they give an answer. Now, I remember the goats and chickens episode where Sara tried the move on Ethan but still in the back of my head I was like ignoring ****, but about the time the Bus spends the first night and they all wake up and shorty is back from the place with Victor, I ask where tf did they or do they keep getting all this food then they start giving me answers. This is pretty impressive.
I agree they answer a lot of those types of questions subtly throughout the show.

My wife asked something similar about how come the fiance doesn't tell them they are 2 hours away from Michigan but I remember them saying something in the first season about how everyone enters the town from different points nationally they even flashed over a map with little pinpoints indicating where each person said they were when they got to town. I know the town is also moving because they covered that with victor in the first season. It was subtle but if your paying attention the questions do get answered.

I still don't understand how more people aren't hip to the tree. I feel like that should be much more widely discussed.

I agree they answer a lot of those types of questions subtly throughout the show.

My wife asked something similar about how come the fiance doesn't tell them they are 2 hours away from Michigan but I remember them saying something in the first season about how everyone enters the town from different points nationally they even flashed over a map with little pinpoints indicating where each person said they were when they got to town. I know the town is also moving because they covered that with victor in the first season. It was subtle but if your paying attention the questions do get answered.

I still don't understand how more people aren't hip to the tree. I feel like that should be much more widely discussed.
Hip to the tree, I think it is too late once you see the tree.

Hip to the tree, I think it is too late once you see the tree.
Nah victor and the kid clearly understand how the trees work. Obviously no one knows where you end up when you get in there but more people should at least be aware that trees are portals.

Right now it seems like just a select few are even hip to that.

This is how I look at it

Designated thread for a show, you better be caught up before you enter cuz folks will be discussing this week's episode.

But these general threads where everyone is at different parts of every show, should be spoiler free.
Thought everyone knew this etiquette :smh:

Not going to front…this Hulu subscription is hitting with the drama mini series.

I’m going to watch Class of ‘09 next week when it finishes it up so I can do a straight binge. Y’all got any other specific recommendations on there? I feel like I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for compelling shows that were Hulu exclusives over the years but I can’t recall a lot of them and didn’t write the names down |l

Not going to front…this Hulu subscription is hitting with the drama mini series.

I’m going to watch Class of ‘09 next week when it finishes it up so I can do a straight binge. Y’all got any other specific recommendations on there? I feel like I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for compelling shows that were Hulu exclusives over the years but I can’t recall a lot of them and didn’t write the names down |l
Checked out The Bear? Or The Patient? But I think those are FX shows but I watch em on Hulu :lol:

Checked out The Bear? Or The Patient? But I think those are FX shows but I watch em on Hulu :lol:

Never tried either but I heard but I actually saw a commercial for The Bear earlier and saw S2 is coming out on the 22nd (all episodes). The cast looked good and I just read a synopsis so I’ll add it to the queue.

I forgot about The Patient!! Added that too. I think I’m going to watch The Dropout at some point as well. I saw the HBO doc and know the story but seeing it play out over 10 episodes from beginning to in seems like it would be cool.

Nah victor and the kid clearly understand how the trees work. Obviously no one knows where you end up when you get in there but more people should at least be aware that trees are portals.

Right now it seems like just a select few are even hip to that.
Oh, that aspect of the trees, I thought you meant the big tree everyone sees that means it's too late, and you are stuck there. Not the transporting trees. I think people aren't up or aware of things because they are so quick to lose hope and just be unhappy with the situation. I understand being unhappy, but still pay attention to things and keep your head on a swivel.

Outside of Class of '09, what else are you watching?

The Bear is too chaotic for me lol. I could see how it's received such high praise and positive reviews though- definitely cool concept

The way they shot it remind me of Spiderverse. Pretty much all gas and on drugs energy. Pure ADHD experience and overstimulation

Oh, that aspect of the trees, I thought you meant the big tree everyone sees that means it's too late, and you are stuck there. Not the transporting trees. I think people aren't up or aware of things because they are so quick to lose hope and just be unhappy with the situation. I understand being unhappy, but still pay attention to things and keep your head on a swivel.

Outside of Class of '09, what else are you watching?

I’ve had them on stream in the background or at night but it’s mostly their uncomfortable yet realistic mini-series. I mentioned I originally got it for that show Cruel Summer then I’ve watch some Little Fires Everywhere (that 1997 racism in Ohio was brutal |l), A Girl In Pleasantville (|l) and A Teacher (|l). The warnings alone before these shows got me shaking my head.

The Bear is too chaotic for me lol. I could see how it's received such high praise and positive reviews though- definitely cool concept

The way they shot it remind me of Spiderverse. Pretty much all gas and on drugs energy. Pure ADHD experience and overstimulation

Damn, thanks for the insight. I may need to hold off on this one until the mood is right :lol:

I didn't realize they were making another season of Warrior. I thought it got canceled.

It technically was cancelled when Cinemax stopped making original content following the AT&T acquisition of Time Warner. But after the dust settled from that and the HBO Max launch it got renewed under HBO.

Really enjoying FROM

Not too thrilled about the supposed similarities to LOST. I never watched LOST but I remember the reactions to the finale and don't want to invest in a show for a terrible ending

Really enjoying FROM

Not too thrilled about the supposed similarities to LOST. I never watched LOST but I remember the reactions to the finale and don't want to invest in a show for a terrible ending

i haven't started season 2 of From yet, but S1 definitely reminded me of the premise of Lost –a group of folks inexplicably stranded in an area that seems to be its own universe/realm. it doesn't help that the character who plays Boyd, Harold Perrineau, was also in Lost and similarly had a strange relationship with his son in that show, as well.

although the ending was comically goofy, Lost was a great show for the first four-ish seasons.

i haven't started season 2 of From yet, but S1 definitely reminded me of the premise of Lost –a group of folks inexplicably stranded in an area that seems to be its own universe/realm. it doesn't help that the character who plays Boyd, Harold Perrineau, was also in Lost and similarly had a strange relationship with his son in that show, as well.

although the ending was comically goofy, Lost was a great show for the first four-ish seasons.
Never saw Lost, watched two episodes and wanted to give it a shot. I still plan on going back and binging the show.

Never tried either but I heard but I actually saw a commercial for The Bear earlier and saw S2 is coming out on the 22nd (all episodes). The cast looked good and I just read a synopsis so I’ll add it to the queue.

I forgot about The Patient!! Added that too. I think I’m going to watch The Dropout at some point as well. I saw the HBO doc and know the story but seeing it play out over 10 episodes from beginning to in seems like it would be cool.
The patient was slooooooow. Was over it after a few episodes but I guess it won’t be that bad now that you can binge the whole series.

Lost has fond memories for me as it started airing my freshman year of college and a guy in my dorm got me hooked. Used to have random convos with people I barely knew and was also interesting to hear theories from other points of view. A couple years in it became appointment viewing for me and my roomates. For those that haven't watched I can see how starting now could see like a chore considering just how many eps were in those first few seasons. Plus the ending was buns as many have already stated but those first 3 seasons were so damn intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom