The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Was rewatching this, forgot how good this was.

S2 E1 was good, shorty from Chicago Med (April) is in this. Dont know how big her role is but :pimp:

I have had it on in the background after this thread alerted me of S2. So glad I did. Episode 9/10 :wow: Glad I did the rewatch even if it was half baked because I forgot a lot of things.

Similar to you, I watched E1 last night and recognized April as well (I had to IMDb her for total recall :lol:). I imagine she’s going to try to poach Maggie into the corporate law life.

moe200069 moe200069 (and anybody else who likes Suits and watches Lincoln Lawyer) I think you are going to like S2. Episode 1 and the direction things are headed gave me big Suits vibes with the plot.

Suits has been in the Top 10 Netflix shows for over a month so this is great timing for them. However, I am not thrilled about them doing the two parts thing again (Part 1 now and Part 2 on August 3rd :stoneface: )

I'm on a 90 day trial of Apple tv in order to watch Hijack and while I have the service I'm finally giving some of their other content a chance.

I watched the first season of See years ago and was not impressed at all. However, it looks like Apple has come a long way since then.

I started The Foundation the other day and I really like it. It fills the void that Raised By Wolves left behind. I'm half way through the first season and I actually think the story is better than RBW as well.

Season 2 starts soon and I'm excited to have a new show. Hopefully some of you guys are fans.
Their comedies are pretty solid too. Enjoyed Ted Lasso, Shrinking, and Platonic.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the tier that has ads?

I have the standard tier, but with the new sharing rules, I only have use for one account since I live by myself and can’t share the account with family.

Thing is I barely watch Netflix these days, and this $16/month is getting hard to justify. Would rather pay the $6 if the ads don’t become too much to deal with.

Are the ads excessive? Similar to Hulu or Tubi?

What are your takes on it?

I always paid premium so I don't have to deal with ads. My lady subscribed with other streaming services only inorder to have access to episodes.
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the tier that has ads?

I have the standard tier, but with the new sharing rules, I only have use for one account since I live by myself and can’t share the account with family.

Thing is I barely watch Netflix these days, and this $16/month is getting hard to justify. Would rather pay the $6 if the ads don’t become too much to deal with.

Are the ads excessive? Similar to Hulu or Tubi?

What are your takes on it?

I'm on a 90 day trial of Apple tv in order to watch Hijack and while I have the service I'm finally giving some of their other content a chance.

I watched the first season of See years ago and was not impressed at all. However, it looks like Apple has come a long way since then.

I started The Foundation the other day and I really like it. It fills the void that Raised By Wolves left behind. I'm half way through the first season and I actually think the story is better than RBW as well.

Season 2 starts soon and I'm excited to have a new show. Hopefully some of you guys are fans.

been wanting to get the appletv trial for minute but didn’t know what shows to catch besides ted lasso. good lookin out on the recs. will probably sign up once i run thru witcher and lincoln lawyer

been wanting to get the appletv trial for minute but didn’t know what shows to catch besides ted lasso. good lookin out on the recs. will probably sign up once i run thru witcher and lincoln lawyer
I'm gonna check Ted lasso out next. Apple tv has definitely improved over the last couple years. Make sure to make the most of their free trail offers.

Just started Domina on Epix. It's about the wife of Augustas Caesar. Her pops is played by Davos Seaworth. Starts right after the death of Julius Caesar.
Was this any good?
I love a good Domina story line.
Always reminds me of the wives on SPARTACUS.
Broads were cut throat Peter peeling pumps.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily watch Bollywood films but I'll give RRR a try. so far, there hasn't been a Bollywood movie that really impressed me. Korean films on the otherhand, are making a killing.
This is why “Bollywood” impresses me.
I’ll never forget the dance scene at the end of Slumdog Millionaire. **** was so hyper, very impressed back then. I remember seeing a TV show too where the Guy wanted to propose or impress his lady and did a dance number for her and the pre engagement party and it was super super complicated and choreographed, I’d never seen anything like it before, or since -until Nacho Nacho…..

just noticed that netflix is streaming HBO’s Insecure.. im surprised they would license it to them considering it that show was enough for me to hold onto my hbo subscription a few years ago

Just saw Bird Box Barca, it's an OK movie though no wear near as good as the first one

This is how I felt. It's so different, that it seems to be moving into the Cloverfield lane. The concept kept me intrigued though.

I liked the American Gladiators. It was a lot better than ESPN's 30 for 30. It didn't seem too long like a lot of Netflix's doc.

I grew up watching it. Glad most are doing well. It's crazy they went out on a tour in such a physical job without a bunch of replacements :smh:

Was this any good?
Man, I did see DOMINA season1.
Realized when I started episode1.
Season2 about to get started

Was this any good?

looks like a season two just dropped. i remember liking the first season but been so long think i need to watch it again. remember liking it but their might be some huge year jumps and the girl changes or something. not a very helpful synopsis lol

Back
Top Bottom