***The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2012-13 SEASON THREAD***

:stoneface: x 10

what the **** was that tonight? i know it's preseason. i know it wasn't the full offensive line. i know there wasn't welker. but god damn...that was ugly. and that goes for the defense too. no pressure up front (sound familiar?).

gregory went down for a bit...hopefully nothing serious. not sure if he returned to action after.
dan koppen...get it the hell together, man.
marcus cannon...guard for life in the NFL...the experiment at tackle is going to get one of our Qs killed
brian waters...PLEASE come back. please show up.
hernandez...fumble issues continue. he showed a tendency to be careless with it last year, and it looks like he hasn't improved there.

brady had three really nice passes. two rockets into tight windows to gronk and branch, and then one nice touch pass to hernandez. other than that, nothing to great. INT was 100% on him. and then he had very little time to throw. you have to believe that the offensive line play improves heading into week 1.

stevan ridley...lone bright spot. dude has pretty good speed and decent power. liked what he did.

that one bucs cheerleader with the teeth... :x :lol:

Last edited:
by half time i was hoping they'd take brady out. no point in him getting hurt during the preseaon.  demps had a few good runs. 

even though the next game is just a preseason game, i hope they crush the giants. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
first round of cuts today. the big shocker imo was gaffney. but being that he's banged up, maybe not such a surprise. i actually expect him to come back. i don't see holley or ebert making this team. the stallworth cut makes total sense. he had a terrible camp and preseason. the rest of the cuts were probably expected at either this stage or the move to 53 men.

aaron hernandez getting paid...great signing/extension. 5 year, $40M

Last edited:
first round of cuts today. the big shocker imo was gaffney. but being that he's banged up, maybe not such a surprise. i actually expect him to come back. i don't see holley or ebert making this team. the stallworth cut makes total sense. he had a terrible camp and preseason. the rest of the cuts were probably expected at either this stage or the move to 53 men.
aaron hernandez getting paid...great signing/extension. 5 year, $40M

5 year 40 .....dare i say.....a tad overpaid 0_o

maybe by a mill n change a year....

also NOT a good sign that welkers is signing

with us next year , unless of course he comes............

#discounted -pat riley

indifferent.gif
what the **** was that tonight? i know it's preseason. i know it wasn't the full offensive line. i know there wasn't welker. but god damn...that was ugly. and that goes for the defense too. no pressure up front (sound familiar?).
gregory went down for a bit...hopefully nothing serious. not sure if he returned to action after.
dan koppen...get it the hell together, man.
marcus cannon...guard for life in the NFL...the experiment at tackle is going to get one of our Qs killed
brian waters...PLEASE come back. please show up.
hernandez...fumble issues continue. he showed a tendency to be careless with it last year, and it looks like he hasn't improved there.
brady had three really nice passes. two rockets into tight windows to gronk and branch, and then one nice touch pass to hernandez. other than that, nothing to great. INT was 100% on him. and then he had very little time to throw. you have to believe that the offensive line play improves heading into week 1.
stevan ridley...lone bright spot. dude has pretty good speed and decent power. liked what he did.
that one bucs cheerleader with the teeth...
sick.gif
laugh.gif
he was available till the th in all 3 of my drafts

heres to him making me pay!!! lmao

I've always liked A.Hernandez over Grownkoski. A Hernandez does need better conditioning for himself because he'll play in many diff't positions. I see him being the 'next' Wes Welker and more if he develops speed and holds onto the ball better.

These TEs are going to be crazy. In the lot, or in receiver set, or whatever Bill can come up with.

I took GROWNKOSKI as my number 1 pick though. lolz

I will be in here often as I watch almost every Pats game. But I'm not a Pats fan, still gotta associate with the Cowgirls.

tired.gif

I will be in here often as I watch almost every Pats game. But I'm not a Pats fan, still gotta associate with the Cowgirls.

|I

:smh: :smh: @ the Cowboys

Make that transition to the Pats side fam. It's time.

after this pre-season game for the first time ever I AM NOT looking forward to the the regular season 
mean.gif

imo our o-line is terrible (wait thats not opinion that can be considered fact 
laugh.gif
)

and im scared if Brady goes down thats the end of our season 

defense is decent but not as of old

to reiterate I AM NOT optimistic about this upcoming regular season

but then again we always do horrible in the pre-season then do amazing things in the regular season... so just let the season start already 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

/rant 

after this pre-season game for the first time ever I AM NOT looking forward to the the regular season :smh:

imo our o-line is terrible (wait thats not opinion that can be considered fact :lol: )
and im scared if Brady goes down thats the end of our season 
defense is decent but not as of old

to reiterate I AM NOT optimistic about this upcoming regular season

but then again we always do horrible in the pre-season then do amazing things in the regular season... so just let the season start already :lol: :smh:

/rant 

i hear you...but keep in mind:

1) the offensive line was full of 2s and 3s. will not be the line that starts and played together last year. brian waters hasn't been at camp, but his locker and nameplate are still intact. good chances he shows up on monday. vollmer just came back from injury. the line SHOULD be alright come week 1.
2) the offense was completely vanilla. they're not showing their cards. they went WAY out of way to establish the running game. and with the garbage line, not happening.

i think we'll be OK on offense come week 1. the defense, however, im not sold on. pass rush still doesn't look that great considering all the picks made for the front seven. secondary remains pretty much as is, with a slight "upgrade" with the gregory signing. chung is banged up too...which is concerning.

that game tonight was such a snoozer though. from the opening kick :lol:

cut down day today...big cuts so far:

1) dan koppen...sorta expected?
2) deion branch :wow:
3) brian hoyer...pretty expected imo. people are making a big deal about it, but if hoyer or mallet end up having to play...we're screwed regardless :lol:

should be interesting to see if branch comes back for less money or something.

Deion? He's been productive the last few seasons so I didn't expect it. I'll still trust the decision. The hoody knows what he's doing.

Koppen was expected, he was in during the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. That's never good. Wendell's gonna have to step up.

Last edited:
^ word

lot of the media heads saying we're trying to free up money to pay brian waters...we NEED him back. plus, koppen doesnt get cut unless waters is coming back

all they keep saying is that his locker remains completely set up and that everything has been delivered to his locker. but no official word on him playing. we'll know by end of the night i guess?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom