The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Just rellalized I lied. I didnt double on blues and purples. Thought I did when I ordered from that Italian site but it was just 1 of each. Anywhere have them on sale? Hard to pay retail when all others have been $90.
Check out SVD they have almost a full size run of purps for 90eur

I like the way this pack brought back the enthusiasm for 90s kinda like the country camo did a while back for 97s.

But...imo royals is cheeks

Just rellalized I lied. I didnt double on blues and purples. Thought I did when I ordered from that Italian site but it was just 1 of each. Anywhere have them on sale? Hard to pay retail when all others have been $90.
Check Sivdescalzo or whatever that site is. I Posted a Link few pages back, few of us got the purple for 108USD shipped

I too was hoping for that 70/80 price point butpurples don’t seem plentiful

Finally! After more than 50 days... A0641B43-785F-4BC0-A415-CEDA84B82D18.jpeg

446F4F38-6F52-4B19-84AD-4D237D0B887E.gif

They stated that I’d get $50 refunded for the delay once they’re shipped. Hopefully, I can finesse a coupon code too after a chat with them :nerd:

Last edited:
Kinda killing time before virtual game night with friends, so I decided to do some research on this whole "Infrared" topic and the whole "What was it before?" topic and I found a few sources that seem to answer some questions about the Infrared topic. Quick disclaimer - I'm fairly new and learning more about the Air Max 90 history, so apologies if this is redundant. I know I was here chatting with you guys and learned from Red Run Red Run about this. Please don't come at me with pitchforks and knives.

I found this "Inside the Vault" post by Nike's SNEAKRS (GB) and saw that it began originally as "Hyvent Orange." This is probably how the "Hyvent Orange" name came along. From what Red Run said, "Radiant Red" was also categorized in there, but it was for gradeschool sizes if I can recall from the conversation. EDIT - I stand corrected. 1978S posted the picture of the original below, listed as "H Red" which I'm guessing is "Hyvent Red."

30 is the new 20. And when it comes to sneakers, there aren’t many 30-year-olds that feels as relevant today as the Air Max 90. “The shoe that looked fast”, was the feedback when people saw the shoe for the first time. Tinker Hatfield took inspiration from previous Air Max iterations and brought to life a shoe that is considered today as one of the most iconic silhouettes and colourways ever made. Whilst there were a few colours that were released, including the Spruce (Lime), it was the Infrared (originally called ‘Hyvent Orange’) colour blocking that made the biggest impact.

Then I found ShoeZeum's video about the 2003 retro of the Air Max 90, which was apparently the first time it began calling that shade or red-orange "Infrared." In the 2002 retro, it was called "Max Orange" or shortened to just "MX Orange," and that seems to be the case based on these pictures that I found on eBay. Just REALLY have to zoom into that picture. The product # 304300-101 can be found online, too, so that's cool.

49790520208_f5f50813eb_b.jpg

49790520358_bca61bec51_b.jpg

49791065941_d5b8df87e7_b.jpg

Since 2003, the Infrared name stuck. I'm not sure if there were any retros between the original Air Max 90 release in 1990 and the retro in 2002, but it'd be dope to know more info.

EDIT - damn, 1978S 1978S with the timing. I swear we didn't plan on posting these older retros at the same time. :lol:

Last edited:
^ AND THERE IT IS! So it is Hyvent Red! I gotta echo that same question again... where did "Hyvent Orange" come from? :lol:

Damn, this is so cool.

EDIT - found a link to these on GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom