The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

For those who have multiples of shoes: do you have ever get around to wearing the second or third pair?

Indeed. Last pair I grabbed more than 2 of was the Red Anniversary AM1s. On pair #2 right now w/ 2 left. I sold the first pair on GOAT for damn near $200 a month or so ago lol.

I figure 4 pairs of Infras will last until the next retro in 2025, if the every 5 year pattern holds.

Was able to submit an order of Hibbetts 5 mins ago. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

And I agree with buying multiple pairs of a shoe that you love. It's worth it!

Love my pair, need to double up at retail

793583AE-4A45-450D-AE54-E9AB5401A98E.jpeg
D44B9855-871D-4238-87AF-BD7A5AB620CD.jpeg

Doubling up is so tempting. I even canceled a 2nd SKNRS order though. I just keep thinking, as someone noted above, that I have so many shoes that I never actually wear any out, and they're not old enough to be rotting away (yet). Another example is I have the 2015 AM95 NEON. I wear them occasionally; been on the front hall shelf for years (i.e. not in the box), and it's still very fresh. Unless this next retro (RD?) is so far superior, I just can't be motivated to get it.

For this AM90 release, I think I'd need to get it even if I had the past retro in great condition (which I didn't) b/c it's so damn amazing all around. For the AM95....maybe it's best I don't follow that thread so I'm not tempted! Without closer examination/discussion, the 2015 was a very good retro from I can tell....heh.

Did you do 2-day shipping?

that’s what i did and got the shipping confirmation the next day. The shoes will arrive today
No, my order confirmation said estimated arrival would be the 11th. Didn’t bother upgrading because lately stuff from Nike getting delivered 3-4 days regardless.
Still stuck in “preparing shipment”. Hope they don’t hit me with a cancel :smh:

I’ll hit up Nike chat tonight if I don’t get a shipped update by the end of the day

For those who have multiples of shoes: do you have ever get around to wearing the second or third pair?

the only shoe I've ever doubled up on are the Black Cement 3s (unless you count the 2012 and 2019 versions of the black/red 11s). considering how often I get around to wearing the first pair, I may not get to it for quite some time. because of that, as well as other releases for the end of this year, i pumped the brakes (for now) to just one pair of infrareds. so so tempting though.

meanwhile, i'm expecting my pair from nike to arrive today :smile:

Didn't they fix the 1s on the previous red/blue release?

Well they fixed the toebox a little, somehow matched the look/feel of the materials to match the OGs, but there still is structural changes needed IMHO.
As all AM retros, they lack the aggressiveness (this is even more flagrant when you compare the OG BWs vs the 2016 ones) and the skleekness of the OGs - this is corrected with the 90s recrafts.
Major changes to do are:
1. The flat heel should be more curved, seems like nothing but actually changes a lot the look
2. The swoosh shape is too fat, not long enough, and not inclined enough. This adds a lot to the sleek look.
3. The sole is not curved enough. There's a little tilt at the back that fails to replicate the OGs, the front could do better but is ok-ish
4. The mudguard at the toebox is too fat, and the toebox could do better with a slight reshape.

1605117680602.png

IMO the 2016/17 retros replicate the late 1990s/early 2000s AM1 retro better than the true 1986 OG...look at this (blue version)
1605118221140.png

Got my infrareds from nike.... QC is a**

Guess I gotta double up and send the crap pair back to nike

20201111_123625.jpg
20201111_123244.jpg
20201111_125250.jpg
20201111_123938.jpg

20201111_123643.jpg

Oh ****....hope you get another pair. And hope my pair doesn't come in like that. If I were smart I would have kept both of my SNKRS orders and return one in case of QC issues....Just too lazy to manage that process. Could even keep a pair for 2-3 years and resell for a decent profit, same with jordans, but just don't want to have a stack of shoes sitting for resell for years. Oh well.

Well they fixed the toebox a little, somehow matched the look/feel of the materials to match the OGs, but there still is structural changes needed IMHO.
As all AM retros, they lack the aggressiveness (this is even more flagrant when you compare the OG BWs vs the 2016 ones) and the skleekness of the OGs - this is corrected with the 90s recrafts.
Major changes to do are:
1. The flat heel should be more curved, seems like nothing but actually changes a lot the look
2. The swoosh shape is too fat, not long enough, and not inclined enough. This adds a lot to the sleek look.
3. The sole is not curved enough. There's a little tilt at the back that fails to replicate the OGs, the front could do better but is ok-ish
4. The mudguard at the toebox is too fat, and the toebox could do better with a slight reshape.

1605117680602.png

IMO the 2016/17 retros replicate the late 1990s/early 2000s AM1 retro better than the true 1986 OG...look at this (blue version)
1605118221140.png

Great observations; 100% agree! (not that you care ;-). That back grey heel overlay shape is so far off, which causes the swoosh length issue for sure. Anyway, back to the 90s topic here, but appreciated the insight....Only an NTer would see and understand these things; my wife would think I'm smoking something strong to see and care about this stuff!

My Persian BWs retro 2016 were beat after less than 2 years and I now wish I had doubled/tripled on it...
I never buy to collect, apart from 3-4 pairs I have from the 1990s, but for Classic retros like the BWs I wish I had bought more than 1 pair to wear them 5+ years

Great observations; 100% agree! (not that you care ;-). That back grey heel overlay shape is so far off, which causes the swoosh length issue for sure. Anyway, back to the 90s topic here, but appreciated the insight....Only an NTer would see and understand these things; my wife would think I'm smoking something strong to see and care about this stuff!

I care that you agree :wink: The more people agree with this and/or care about it, the more chances we have that Nike proceeds to change the shape :lol:
That's the problem with Jordans...80%+ buy it because Jordan is cool, they don't care about the details so Nike can just produce the same sh*t retros every year

Oh ****....hope you get another pair. And hope my pair doesn't come in like that. If I were smart I would have kept both of my SNKRS orders and return one in case of QC issues....Just too lazy to manage that process. Could even keep a pair for 2-3 years and resell for a decent profit, same with jordans, but just don't want to have a stack of shoes sitting for resell for years. Oh well.

And I dont even b***** about lil things like that as we are buying mass produced shoes, but this is unacceptable imo

*slams table like malcolm X*

I would give them lil $70 discount recrafts a pass, but I cant eat that for $156 after tax

And I dont even b***** about lil things like that as we are buying mass produced shoes, but this is unacceptable imo

*slams table like malcolm X*

I would give them lil $70 discount recrafts a pass, but I cant eat that for $156 after tax

I hear you. Personally, that would bug me so much that I wouldn't want them for any price. Rather pay full price for a "normal" pair like the other pics posted here.

Reactions: 907
QC from NDC pair is trash, sending back after I inspect the other pairs that I ordered.

or maybe I can get a discount code out of them..

Attachments

• 3AA0AF1E-192E-4550-8D42-050C4C1A3C80.jpeg
    3AA0AF1E-192E-4550-8D42-050C4C1A3C80.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 8E8960A3-11AC-4C7A-AF0A-4DC03EDC380E.jpeg
    8E8960A3-11AC-4C7A-AF0A-4DC03EDC380E.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 235
  • A58464F1-35EE-4A2A-A140-8DBDBEC42176.jpeg
    A58464F1-35EE-4A2A-A140-8DBDBEC42176.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 240
Major changes to do are:

1605117680602.png

1605118221140.png

The shape of the anniversary air max 1s were modeled after the mid 2000s pairs. Specifically the Urawa. Nike has a whole video somewhere explaining all of it. I’m not mad at anyone wanting the shoes to look more original. I personally prefer the direction they went, rather than modeling it 1 for 1 after the original.

The shape of the anniversary air max 1s were modeled after the mid 2000s pairs. Specifically the Urawa. Nike has a whole video somewhere explaining all of it. I’m not mad at anyone wanting the shoes to look more original. I personally prefer the direction they went, rather than modeling it 1 for 1 after the original.

So yeah basically that confirms my observation at the end of the post about the early 2000s shape. It's as if the Nike designers used the 2008 infrared to reshape the recrafts...makes no sense.
It's not an Air Max 1 OG Retro, it's an Air Max 1 Retro Retro with the OG colorway then...

Anyway, it made me save big bucks in 2016/2017 by not buying any of the CWs :lol: Still want my OG Aqua and Royals retros in a true '87 shape though |l

Back
Top Bottom