THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

$250? Where are people getting this price point from? Nike had to lower their price on signature shoes because everything was sitting and hitting outlets. Ain't no way these are $250. These aren't soccer shoes.

Right. I’m thinking $200-$220 max

Regardless of what type of fly knit is being used; has there ever been a non ID, non zoom cushioned basketball low top released for anywhere near $200 MSRP?

There is no way I can see these retailing for more than $180-$200. When Nike tried that before ($250-$275), it didn't go over well at all. And that was at a time when Nike was throwing any trash out there and it was selling out (online). People were using bots to cop neon orange snow-chukkas and trying to resell them, and some were paying $$$ resale for Roshe Calypsos. Nike is on a hype-binge again, but I don't think it's the same as it was back in 2014ish. If they price this in that $220 range again, they're going to sit.

Last edited:
There is no way I can see these retailing for more than $180-$200. When Nike tried that before ($250-$275), it didn't go over well at all. And that was at a time when Nike was throwing any trash out there and it was selling out (online). People were using bots to cop neon orange snow-chukkas and trying to resell them, and people were paying $$$ resale for Roshe Calypsos. Nike is on a hype-binge again, but I don't think it's the same as it was back in 2014ish.
Lol of course not. GR's don't sell out anymore. That boom period of 2011-2014 is long gone.

$200 (Eastbay)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.28.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.28.15 PM.png
    44 KB · Views: 48
$200 is pretty steep but it’s not bad when Jordan retros are same price with outdated tech. Not paying resale though.

lol nope. Think the kobe 11 Allstars were $220 and reg retail was at least $190... remember the kobe 11 Ids were 245
Kobe 11 'What The' was $275. Remember that well. Those and Lebrons got out of hand at that point. Nike had been pushing the envelope, and that was too far. They've been cheaper since. Now $200 is starting to tick back up again.

There was no Kobe 11 “What The”. The last WTK was the Kobe X and that retailed for 260. The Kobe 9 WTK retailed for 275.

I'm sorry. I meant Kobe 9 'what the.' When it was first posted to sneaker sites, it was listed at $225. When it released, it was $275. They sat.

Nike Kobe 9 Elite
Multi-Color/Chlorine Blue-Black
678301-904
January 11, 2015
$275

Story: At that time, there was still some serious hype around Kobes in my area. There had even been lines for hrs for the Beets. My local store did raffle for the 'What The' 9. When people showed up and found out they were $275, they were literally like 'WTF', and didn't buy them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom