THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I’ll wait for performance reviews, but I see no reason to pay retail for a performance basketball shoe. More than likely these will sit just like everything else. No disrespect to those willing to pay $200 plus tax, just not my thing

I halfway agree.... no reason to pay retail for a hoop shoe

As far as if they'll sit or fly, it just depends if nike wants to make em limited. They prob will for the first CW, they'll sell out... then the rest will be GR and they'll collect dust

I have a variety of the 11 colorways. I paid retail for maybe 3 or 4 pairs. Mainly because they were ID. I know I got caught up in the tinker and got scared when they sold out online. That was a pair I paid full on for. The rest were FTL stock locate, Nike Outlet, discounts, etc.

BTW...just a reminder. I'm sure some got the email. Tomorrow is extra 30% off clearance at Nike Factory stores (that message up there about the Parkers for 60 bucks reminded me). There is no code in the email.

BTW...just a reminder. I'm sure some got the email. Tomorrow is extra 30% off clearance at Nike Factory stores (that message up there about the Parkers for 60 bucks reminded me). There is no code in the email.

Nope, no code, just 30% off all clearance.

I may be reaching, but could this be the next Protro? :emoji_eyes: It was posted on Kyle Kuzma's IG story, but it also tags Goat so I'm not sure.

Screenshot_20180327-171601.png

Okay, and this assumption is based on what?

Probably the fact that people here are saying that they want them. That & the fact that these seem more welcomed than the A.D. from last year. The question is where will they sit? Here in GA, they'll most likely sit because Kobes don't fly off the rack like they do in Cali.

They will sit unless nike pulls a fake sell out again or they're limited like the prototype pg 1s. Way too many shoes on the market right now, folks would rather spend money on yeezy's and Jordan 1s and other hyped releases vs a $200 signature basketball shoes of a retired player.

Okay, and this assumption is based on what?
1. There's actual hype with these, something we haven't seen in a while. 2. There's new tech. 3. The design is great. 4. It's the first colorway, and 5. A dope colorway at that 6. These are probably going to be releasing in decent numbers, but not mass produced.
This is just my opinion, and I could be mistaken. I would be surprised if they sit though.

Giving this a little more thought...

It really does seem like most, if not all of Nike Basketball signature releases follow a similar pattern...original release of a new model will be "limited" and sell out (Lebron Ghosts, Kyrie Confetti, PG2 Playstation, Jordan 32 Rossa Corsa, etc) and the GR models that are massed produced will sit and eventually end up on clearance sales. If this particular colorway is limited, then sure they won't "sit", not sure it'll be gone right away but they won't be available for long. So it's more appropriate to say that it depends on if these are limited or not before saying that they'll sit.

I may be reaching, but could this be the next Protro? :emoji_eyes: It was posted on Kyle Kuzma's IG story, but it also tags Goat so I'm not sure.

Screenshot_20180327-171601.png
If they release with modern tech holy I'd cop at retail :emoji_eyes: One of my favorite (and highly underrated/hated) Kobe shoe of all time.

there's always a crowd that will pay retail. that doesn't mean they will sell out. as others have already stated, they will only sell out if they are limited.
we actually need the retail crew because those folks are part of the reason why we continue to get more models and colors. without the retail crew, the kobe line could be in danger.

Back
Top Bottom