THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

also, despite the outsole. i've had no traction issues (check my I.G in sig for clips of me playing) but i am tearing my way through those nipples on the outside of the forefoot :frown:

I think people are just being nostalgic in regards to the Kobe IV.

The Kobe IV was a plastic and cheap leather mid. The Lunarlon bottomed out fast also.

The Kobe AD Mid upper is cheap feeling but it’s more premium feeling than most Kobe IVs to me.
Fit and traction on dust was better on the 4. It's crazy how most shoes a decade ago can still compete toe to toe with the shoes out now.

that jordan tinker is a joke

jordan brand "lets give the consumer to buy the crap that we didn't make it into production the first time'" "yes, they will eat it up"

Weren't people complaing when Kobe elites were $250.....now $200 and we still complaining???

Honestly either your a baller (semi-professional/professional) or a sneaker head who truly like sneakers.
I can see the arguement that it's worth shelling out $200 for kobes if they truly make you perform better as a baller/athlete. But if your wearing to get likes and breaks necks your wasting your time and money. Might as well get some low teir kobes or other kicks.

But you shouldn't really complain about a price of what Nike/Kobe line is setting if your just rocking it for show.
It's like putting cheap gas in a Ferrari, don't expect much. Your just stunting for gram/YouTube.

I don't know what state/market you in but the 1st colorway of the NXT 360 sold out, but that's due to its limited availability.

@space_blackmon you gotta stop doing bad drugs, you don't know what your talking about.

Last edited:
Weren't people complaing when Kobe elites were $250.....now $200 and we still complaining???

Honestly either your a baller (semi-professional/professional) or a sneaker head who truly like sneakers.
I can see the arguement that it's worth shelling out $200 for kobes if they truly make you perform better as a baller/athlete. But if your wearing to get likes and breaks necks your wasting your time and money. Might as well get some low teir kobes or other kicks.

But you shouldn't really complain about a price of what Nike/Kobe line is setting if your just rocking it for show.
It's like putting cheap gas in a Ferrari, don't expect much. Your just stunting for gram/YouTube.

I don't know what state/market you in but the 1st colorway of the NXT 360 sold out, but that's due to its limited availability.

@space_blackmon you gotta stop doing bad drugs, you don't know what your talking about.

I wouldnt rock any casually unless it was the 1. the white undftd protros are in my summer rotation but otherwise that' s it.

the new 360 (DESPITE its **** durability on the outsole) is imo 100% worth 200 bucks. hell i bought 2 pairs as i foresaw this happening - selling out fast and the sole wearing through.

400 bucks for kobes - when basketball is my hobby / passion and they're put to great use. Cant say i even blink an eye at that cost.

the new 360 (DESPITE its **** durability on the outsole) is imo 100% worth 200 bucks. hell i bought 2 pairs as i foresaw this happening - selling out fast and the sole wearing through.

I played in them for the first time today and I’m not playing in anything else. The cushion set up may be the best I’ve ever hooped in. Also, with how breathable the shoe is, normally my socks are drenched after hoops (gross I know) - with these they were dry as could be. They really did a great job with this minus the outsole wearing issues, which does suck since the shoe won’t last as long. Smart to double up.

Regarding the price of Kobes, the 'What The' 9 was (IMO) the height of absurd Kobe pricing. Some sites had initially reported them at a $220 release price. When they actually released they were $275. They rightfully sat.

Watching the playoffs, I spotted quite a few players wearing PG2s. I know some players have custom insoles, etc; but still it's a $110 sneaker that's being worn by NBA players. That says a lot about how little the price really is determined by 'tech.' It tells me that one of the biggest factors in determining the price point for Nike comes down to what they think they can get away with charging.

Damn, thought the Yellow pair was dropping 5/24. Instead it looks like it's the week after on June 1 :rolleyes

Wonder if we'll see ID options for it soon.

Damn, thought the Yellow pair was dropping 5/24. Instead it looks like it's the week after on June 1 :rolleyes

Wonder if we'll see ID options for it soon.

Nike is doing a ****ing awful job with these so far. You have one limited colorway drop only at select places then the entire next month you don’t drop a single different colorway and the next one you release is an all bright yellow colorway that mostly only Kobe and Laker enthusiasts will want? And you have zero players wearing the shoe throughout the entire playoffs so far? Like I honestly can’t even think of a worse way to handle the release of this shoe so far.

Nike is doing a ****ing awful job with these so far. You have one limited colorway drop only at select places then the entire next month you don’t drop a single different colorway and the next one you release is an all bright yellow colorway that mostly only Kobe and Laker enthusiasts will want? And you have zero players wearing the shoe throughout the entire playoffs so far? Like I honestly can’t even think of a worse way to handle the release of this shoe so far.

Yeah, and they still producing new ADs :lol:

I absolutely love playing in the AD Mid and am glad they're still releasing colorways. That shoe is "straight to court" and breaks in so fast. Dependable cushion, fit and traction have me coming back for more. Now, the AD NXT 360 is on a whole other level. I love playing in them but didn't know just how amazing that fit was until I tried to switch pairs and anything else doesn't have that 1:1 fit. Played in them last night and it's funny because I feel like I'm playing in a futsal shoe that performs like a basketball shoe. The Flyknit looks and feels like it's coated and none of it feels like any of the earlier versions of Flyknit. Part of me thinks that the white pair cant get dirty if it has that coating.

You folks think that Nike intentionally made the 360 less durable to get people to buy more/double up? Because they have the tech necessary to make the shoe last without adding much (if any) bulk. There's no reason why a performance shoe in 2018 should fall apart on you after a couple of runs.

Back
Top Bottom