THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

You folks think that Nike intentionally made the 360 less durable to get people to buy more/double up? Because they have the tech necessary to make the shoe last without adding much (if any) bulk. There's no reason why a performance shoe in 2018 should fall apart on you after a couple of runs.

Is the outsole really “falling apart” on dudes in here that are playing in them strictly indoors after a few runs? Cause they sure as hell aren’t for me. I’m 6’0 175 pounds so I’m not sure how heavy some of you are that are beating these up that bad.

I don't think Nike knows what they're doing with the Kobe line post retirement. The name change has been terrible. I think the mid AD was a throw in because the NXT wasn't ready yet.

There shouldn’t have even been a name change to the AD to begin with. It should have just continued on with the 12 and so on.

I absolutely love playing in the AD Mid and am glad they're still releasing colorways. That shoe is "straight to court" and breaks in so fast. Dependable cushion, fit and traction have me coming back for more. Now, the AD NXT 360 is on a whole other level. I love playing in them but didn't know just how amazing that fit was until I tried to switch pairs and anything else doesn't have that 1:1 fit. Played in them last night and it's funny because I feel like I'm playing in a futsal shoe that performs like a basketball shoe. The Flyknit looks and feels like it's coated and none of it feels like any of the earlier versions of Flyknit. Part of me thinks that the white pair cant get dirty if it has that coating.

Can’t wait to try the 360s but still stuck on the AD lows lol

Last edited:
Is the outsole really “falling apart” on dudes in here that are playing in them strictly indoors after a few runs? Cause they sure as hell aren’t for me. I’m 6’0 175 pounds so I’m not sure how heavy some of you are that are beating these up that bad.

To be the upper is actually surprisingly pretty durable but the traction is not unfortunately....the nubs start to rip pretty early on and because of that I play in mine sparingly....def definit want to pick up another colorway

To be the upper is actually surprisingly pretty durable but the traction is not unfortunately....the nubs start to rip pretty early on and because of that I play in mine sparingly....def definit want to pick up another colorway

The nubs have ripped on you on a regular indoor court...?

I'm about the same size as you but play pretty shifty. The outsole is literally falling apart lol. I don't see this shoe lasting a full season for the young guns out there.

I'm about the same size as you but play pretty shifty. The outsole is literally falling apart lol. I don't see this shoe lasting a full season for the young guns out there.

I play the same way. That’s why I keep asking but still nobody’s answered me...are you dudes playing on a normal indoor court with these every time?

I play the same way. That’s why I keep asking but still nobody’s answered me...are you dudes playing on a normal indoor court with these every time?
Yes. Normal court, indoors, dusty now and then. I'm also a bit concerned in the glue work, which is literally the only thing holding the outsole and upper together.

I don’t think Nike purposely did it to make us buy more pairs, they probably did it to make the shoe so light. It really does not feel like you’re playing with basketball shoes on - someone earlier likened them to indoor soccer shoes (I think that was in here) and that’s spot on.

The react is amazing because when you stand still or move in a walking motion, the cushioning feels very plush. But when you start running, jumping or cutting the react feels springy almost like boost, but without the sinking feeling - more of a sturdy controlled energy return. It’s really hard for me to explain.

The flyknit comment is accurate, but I still think the white pair will get dirty. Not so much like the fabric flyknit would but whatever this flyknit is made of/coated with will still pick up dirt and scuffs.

Check my IG, the areas where I drag the outside of my foot on step backs or generic lateral movements. The nipples/teeth/fins or whatever ya wanna call them have literally faded away. Or fallen off. I’m 5’10 and 165lbs.

Indoor court - shifty player - lots of lateral movements, tend to be on my toes often. The outsole comparison between the brand new shoe and the shoe after now 10 hours of hooping in is on my Instagram @mamba.max

Nike is doing a ****ing awful job with these so far. You have one limited colorway drop only at select places then the entire next month you don’t drop a single different colorway and the next one you release is an all bright yellow colorway that mostly only Kobe and Laker enthusiasts will want? And you have zero players wearing the shoe throughout the entire playoffs so far? Like I honestly can’t even think of a worse way to handle the release of this shoe so far.

Yup. They did the line justice Kobe's final year playing. Wasn't crazy about the whole FTB thing (I personally dislike monotone colorways, it was lazy), but otherwise, they did a great job with the 11.

Since retirement, it's like they handed over the Kobe line to interns or something. AD was a horrible name. Then they just make every new model a AD this or that??? They wait over a year to bring out a retro 1, then release 7 in about a month or so??? Come out with one 360 in a limited release and follow it with...nothing, not even an iD. Derozan wears a pair what? Once I think? The new model seems to be missing in action in the NBA playoffs?

The people who are responsible for this line are a total mess.

I think I agree and disagree with little mac little mac .

we are abit spoiled for choice these days... I mean look at kyries line. He damn near has a colorway come out each week. Hell some of them are near enough identical. I wouldn’t want the kobe line to be watered down to that. I like how they come out less often in fewer colorways and they feel more prestigious to own to me personally.

BUT the whole intern thing I agree with and the dumb names and general job they’ve done with even marketing them during he playoffs has been horrific.

Yup. They did the line justice Kobe's final year playing. Wasn't crazy about the whole FTB thing (I personally dislike monotone colorways, it was lazy), but otherwise, they did a great job with the 11.

Agreed. Wish they would've released a Laker colorway for each single signature line for Kobe's retirement tour instead of the FTB concept. Cool concept, but it honestly didn't translate very well onto sneakers. What better way to remember a player who has played 20 years in the purple and gold than to own Kobe 1 - 12s in purple and gold? That would be an awesome looking collection.

Agreed. Wish they would've released a Laker colorway for each single signature line for Kobe's retirement tour instead of the FTB concept. Cool concept, but it honestly didn't translate very well onto sneakers.
Right? Or at least a PE that he wore for each sig.

I almost feel like they wanted to see if the 360 would garner any interest and I honestly didn’t think they’d sell out with the Protros and other retros coming out in a flurry. Remember, NT is such a small subset of the sneaker demographic as a whole, so maybe we can get more pairs on the next releases coming up. That’s all speculatory - tying to look at the glass half full here haha. But I agree the lack of players rocking them and the almost silent release was a head scratcher.

The translucent outsole isn't durable.

After a few hours scrimmaging the nubs right where the toes are peeling off or have chiseled down. Traction is so-so, it really needs a clean court for it to really bite.

That's the only downfall for this shoe and the easiest fix is to have solid outsole.. yes it'll add weight and be less flexible, but overall you get a better rounded shoe.

The translucent outsole isn't durable.

After a few hours scrimmaging the nubs right where the toes are peeling off or have chiseled down. Traction is so-so, it really needs a clean court for it to really bite.

That's the only downfall for this shoe and the easiest fix is to have solid outsole.. yes it'll add weight and be less flexible, but overall you get a better rounded shoe.

I wonder why they went with the nubs. I wonder if the shoe could be as flexible if it used the Kobe 9 traction pattern and kept the translucent material.

I don’t think Nike purposely did it to make us buy more pairs, they probably did it to make the shoe so light. It really does not feel like you’re playing with basketball shoes on - someone earlier likened them to indoor soccer shoes (I think that was in here) and that’s spot on.
You are correct. It was me that made the futsal comment.
The react is amazing because when you stand still or move in a walking motion, the cushioning feels very plush. But when you start running, jumping or cutting the react feels springy almost like boost, but without the sinking feeling - more of a sturdy controlled energy return. It’s really hard for me to explain.
That was a pretty good explanation and I agree. It's awesome. Way better than my experience with the THUD effect that I had with the HD2017, last year. Horrible experience there. Horrific even. :lol:
The flyknit comment is accurate, but I still think the white pair will get dirty. Not so much like the fabric flyknit would but whatever this flyknit is made of/coated with will still pick up dirt and scuffs.
You could be right. I was just being hopeful. :lol:

And about the nubs falling off comments, it's true. I had it happen on both shoes from cutting, constant directional changes but what's odd is where it happened, it's only been there. I saw the nubs starting to rip after my first session (three hours) and then after the next three hour session some of them actually ripped off. I have since put in two more solid sessions (about four hours) and none of the other nubs are showing any signs of stress, tearing, etc. I really like the tread pattern of the XXXII Low and wonder if they had chosen something a bit more similar to that, maybe these would have been considered more durable. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this model and will continue to play in them. After all, we've got two years to play in them and then file a warranty complaint if they truly are defective. I had to do it with the X and that sucked.

Back
Top Bottom