THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

23FE55B0-6733-4B26-8664-DF49B2816091.gif

I want all the smoke.

Maintain that same energy! Lets Go!!!

You just got into sneakers...
"Join date March 2018"
Salida.....don't let me bring out my good leather belt.

Just sit back and be a student of the game and not the special Ed student who rides alone on the small short bus.

You just got into sneakers...
"Join date March 2018"
Salida.....don't let me bring out my good leather belt.

Just sit back and be a student of the game and not the special Ed student who rides alone on the small short bus.

My god.

I just got into sneakers because I just got on Niketalk?

Niketalk is the basis for which we judge when someone got into sneakers?

Jesus Christ thats some dense thinking.

*yawn*
You win baby, let me know when ready to change your diapers.

This all stems from some clown wanting to call another person's experience "odd" because it was different from their own.

People have different experiences in shoes.

The end.

This gang up on someone mentality on here is laughable. I guess I shouldn't have expected anymore from here.

This all stems from some clown wanting to call another person's experience "odd" because it was different from their own.

The end.

This gang up on someone mentality on here is laughable. I guess I shouldn't have expected anymore from here.

The fact you still think this started because someone called your experience “odd” tells us everything we need to know.

Stanghoops is a well respected member of the sneaker community both here and on IG - he really didn’t mean anything by saying “odd” other than it was different than most reports. He wasn’t arguing or being disrespectful. Neither was I when I said it was blown out of proportion. I was actually trying to stop this stupid stuff from happening, but we get what we get.

When do the blacks restock? I can’t pull that yellow.

Last edited:

The end.

I think you mistook odd as an insult. My interpretation is that he meant odd as in "Hmm that's different from what I've seen/heard" and not odd as in "wow you're weird for having that different experience"

The fact you still think this started because someone called your experience “odd” tells us everything we need to know.

Stanghoops is a well respected member of the sneaker community both here and on IG - he really didn’t mean anything by saying “odd” other than it was different than most reports. He wasn’t arguing or being disrespectful. Neither was I when I said it was blown out of proportion. I was actually trying to stop this stupid stuff from happening, but we get what we get.

When do the blacks restock? I can’t guy that yellow.
Is there a way to block you on here?

You're seriously the most annoying person ever.

I think you mistook odd as an insult. My interpretation is that he meant odd as in "Hmm that's different from what I've seen/heard" and not odd as in "wow you're weird for having that different experience"

I didn't take it as an insult as much as I took it as "Gee, this guy thinks the world revolves around his personal experience in a shoe that is meant for the masses... so how could any one person's experience from the view of a third party be deemd 'odd'".

It was like he was being contrarian to to the point where nobody else's experience could be considered normal.

I'm over it.

Still don’t know what y’all talking about but lets move along.

“When do the blacks restock? I can’t pull that yellow.”

I want to like the yellow pair so much. It I just can’t do it. I have too many loud Kobe’s already.

Was able to cop the black pair, I hope there will be some fire colorways.

Still don’t know what y’all talking about but lets move along.

“When do the blacks restock? I can’t pull that yellow.”

I want to like the yellow pair so much. It I just can’t do it. I have too many loud Kobe’s already.

Was able to cop the black pair, I hope there will be some fire colorways.

There has to be a camo color way coming, no?

the fact that you had to actually go into it and explain it just shows the sensitivity level of some, but then again i do appreciate your explanation to confirm that my own interpretation is very similar.

the fact that you had to actually go into it and explain it just shows the sensitivity level of some, but then again i do appreciate your explanation to confirm that my own interpretation is very similar.

The fact that he felt the need to describe it as odd (ie- outside of the ordinary) was the problem. The word odd implies that whatever it is being applied to is strange.

"Strange" is a synonym for "odd" and what I pointed out was neither odd nor strange.

It's a known fact that shoes without a proper midfoot shank can cause foot fatigue and other painful issues. The video referenced in this thread is not the only one to point this out.

I'm not even being sensitive. Duke and Stang are just annoying AARP members who think they know everything and have that despicable holier than thou attitude on the internet. It's quiet for that crap.

Can we please move on?

AARP??? Now we're taking shots at people on here because they've been around a couple decades? The 270 board just hosted some of the annual 'be-true' jabs, now it's age. :smh:

TL:DR. I broke down, bought the Kobe AD NXT 360's and enjoyed my experience.

This whole thread has turned odd lol. Anyways I got a confession to make. I usually play ball around 10:00am on Saturdays at my local 24. They were running a boot camp that caused it to run late so I had to kill an hour. Sure I could of lifted but Saturday morning is dedicated to basketball so I try to play my best then. Anyways, I made the trip over to Nike and copped the yellow strikes!! I played in them for about two hours. My review may change but heres what I have so far.

Traction: 8.5 or 9 /10.
The traction actually felt to me like the Kobe 10 traction which IMO was pretty good. I felt good making cuts and wasn't fearful of trying to stop quickly.These didn't squeak at all for me and the traction held up well. As the game progressed I did wipe them down a couple times but I guess its like that with any shoe on a court.

Fit: 10/10. These were definitely TTS. I am a normal to narrow footer and these actually fit better than some of the 11's I have (each colorway of the 11 seemed to have a different feel/fit). I couldn't imagine half sizing down but doing so seems to be common for people. Also, these didn't feel clunky, and the heel to toe transition was great.

Lockdown 10/10: Lockdown and fit kinda go hand in hand but I wasn't sliding forward in my shoe at all. I also didn't experience heel slippage.

Cushion: 9/10: This could be higher depending on how they break in. I found the cushioning to be quite comfortable. It felt like the 11's but a bit more responsive (most likely due to the implementation of react). I can see where those who need arch support may not like these. The arches didn't feel overly protected. I actually enjoyed this fact. When I would make cuts, I felt as if cushioning was set up for this. Great for Guards. Im more of a big but I enjoyed these.

Other: I did feel that these take a little bit of time to get used to. I can see where people consider the shoe to be unstable. I think that feeling comes from the rounding of the soles as well as the court feel. These didn't seem to have the same court feel as the 9's or 11's. Actually, it reminded me of when I played in the Kobe 10's. After playing a year in the 9's and transitioning in the 10's, I felt there wasn't much court feel at all with those. In this case, I have balled exclusively in the 11's for the last 2-3 years so it may take more time to get used to.

We all know this but it sucks. THESE GET DIRTY EASY!!!! After examining the shoes after the run, I had 3 dirt marks on the upper and a scuff on the heel counter piece in the back.

Back
Top Bottom