THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I never seen these hit the east coast, I had to get them shipped from San Diego. The 3 times I wore them, I received a lot of compliments. Eventually stop wearing them because Im not into the patent leather toe look.
Wait what. They were at FLs. I copped mine from the old FL store on 34th across the street from ESB(empire state building for non NYCers)... when my boy was working there. Copped during one of the monthly 50% employee sales

Wait what. They were at FLs. I copped mine from the old FL store on 34th across the street from ESB(empire state building for non NYCers)... when my boy was working there. Copped during one of the monthly 50% employee sales
Yes, FLs definitely had em. They were also in military exchanges. Sold at the Navy Exchanges in Va. Beach and Norfolk when I was there.

I hit FootLocker in Fordham and even with a sku search for order, all they saw was SD. **** was so long ago, I don't remember if I really tried to put in work finding them.

I hit FootLocker in Fordham and even with a sku search for order, all they saw was SD. **** was so long ago, I don't remember if I really tried to put in work finding them.

I guess the BX is just different lol. But seriously it was always safe to go to the 34th and 42nd street ones.

I guess the BX is just different lol. But seriously it was always safe to go to the 34th and 42nd street ones.
Yeah. I hit a lot of stuff in them two .. expecially a lot of my foams (galaxy, all black foams, etc).

I wasn't into Kobes backs then that much,just a couple of 1 and 2 and these.

I stop after that, not sure why causs they were fire.

Happy 4th NT fam!!!

Attachments

• 20230704_162326.jpg
    20230704_162326.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 773
How do the Kobe 8 compare to the 5 and 6 performance wise?
5 > 6 > 8 but 8 is still a really good shoe. Some might put the 6 above the 5 but I think most would agree 5 and 6 are better than 8.

Traction for the 8s was average/above average, despite having a traditional herringbone pattern.

The tongue slide on the 8s was HORRIBLE. The laces were kinda thin (cheap) on the 8s too. I wish the outrigger were more pronounced on the 8s cause I rolled my ankle really bad in them and never did in the 5s. The drop in midsole wasn't great, I didn't like the feeling of the sock on top of foam. Not as responsive as the setups in the 5 or 6 for sure.

Durability wise, I feel like the 8s held up the best of the 3 shoes.

Back
Top Bottom