THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Please take a moment and legit check these. I feel like things are off. The Volt Green on the bottom looks thicker than normal. The UPC numbers on the tags inside the shoes are NOT the same as on the box. The shoe tissue paper is way different and feels like some generic print. These are supposed to be DS, but yet black is already scraped/rubbed off on the top layer of the back and tongue on the shoe on the right. The box is smaller than my peach and Lakers colorways pairs. Again please give me your take. Always appreciated NT Fam!

20210714_181209.jpg
20210714_181351.jpg
20210714_181252.jpg
20210714_181505.jpg
20210714_181524.jpg
It could be the angle but the swoosh and outsole look off to me

Please take a moment and legit check these. I feel like things are off. The Volt Green on the bottom looks thicker than normal. The UPC numbers on the tags inside the shoes are NOT the same as on the box. The shoe tissue paper is way different and feels like some generic print. These are supposed to be DS, but yet black is already scraped/rubbed off on the top layer of the back and tongue on the shoe on the right. The box is smaller than my peach and Lakers colorways pairs. Again please give me your take. Always appreciated NT Fam!

20210714_181209.jpg
20210714_181351.jpg
20210714_181252.jpg
20210714_181505.jpg
20210714_181524.jpg

I own every pair of that style 360 nxt! Those are 10000% fake

Next week, Vanessa will be in Yeezys. And she'll make an announcement signing with Adidas. I knew this was coming. Nike threw away a legend in Kobe and his legacy. I guess that's business as usual for them. And Adidas marketing is ramping up for that announcement.

20210714_181209.jpg
20210714_181351.jpg
20210714_181252.jpg
20210714_181505.jpg
20210714_181524.jpg
TERRIBLE FAKES….

I didn’t even know there were fakes of these? Like why these were available every where for cheap :lol:

Next week, Vanessa will be in Yeezys. And she'll make an announcement signing with Adidas. I knew this was coming. Nike threw away a legend in Kobe and his legacy. I guess that's business as usual for them. And Adidas marketing is ramping up for that announcement.
If that's true ... sad. And also I hope Adidas doesn't think it's going to make a billion off of this. It only has a handful of Kobe models in its archive, for starters. In the long run, I could see it doing more business in Kobe apparel than shoes. Kobe was such a fan of his Adidas product and time, he bought himself out of his contract with that company. I'll never spend a dollar on any Adidas Kobe shoes LOL

If that's true ... sad. And also I hope Adidas doesn't think it's going to make a billion off of this. It only has a handful of Kobe models in its archive, for starters. In the long run, I could see it doing more business in Kobe apparel than shoes. Kobe was such a fan of his Adidas product and time, he bought himself out of his contract with that company. I'll never spend a dollar on any Adidas Kobe shoes LOL

The timing of it seems odd that Adidas would bring back the Kobe retros. Adidas did it before without the Kobe branding, when he was signed with Nike. Knowing that the Kobe licensing is available. Maybe Adidas is making a public play for Vanessa to sign with Adidas. Or maybe they agreed on a deal and they're working out the terms before the announcement. The retros aren't expected until 2022. That gives them time to convince Vanessa to sign with them; if they haven't already. And enough time for Jerry Lorenzo and Ye to design some all-new Kobe models after the retro releases. On a side note, I was talking to this dude years ago at Starbucks and he worked at the agency that signed Ye to Adidas. I was wearing the Beluga 1.0s at the time. Had a nice conversation about Ye wanting to sign with Reebok first and how he ended up at Adidas.

And enough time for Jerry Lorenzo and Ye to design some all-new Kobe models after the retro releases.

Would be kind of weird to design new Kobe models when Kobe is no longer even here.

I can understand if Kobe had a separate brand like Jordan Brand and they continued to make new performance models each year like the Jordans, but that's not the case with Kobe's Adidas line.

And Adidas retroing the Adidas Kobe line is cool, but I can't see it having anywhere near the same demand as his Nike models.

Kobe’s adidas shoes were always trash IMO. Adidas basketball in general has just rarely appealed to me with the exception of a couple D Rose sigs
My problem with a lot of the Adidas Kobes is they look like basic PE team shoes with no signature input (except for the Kobe 1 and 2, but the 2 is the worst out of all). TBH I'm feeling the same way about Adidas's current shoes as well, the DON, Trae, and Harden 4's look very similar (the DON has more signature input with colorways, but the overall silhouette and design blocking is not much different).
The only few times where Adidas almost swayed me was the crazy light 2015 and 2016.

20210714_181209.jpg
20210714_181351.jpg
20210714_181252.jpg
20210714_181505.jpg
20210714_181524.jpg

no expert here but looks fake for multiple reasons:

- outsole color is off
- swoosh looks abnormal
- mamba symbol on tongue look off

Does anyone here have that mini hoop that came with the Undefeated 4 releases? If so can it stick to walls?

Would be kind of weird to design new Kobe models when Kobe is no longer even here.

I can understand if Kobe had a separate brand like Jordan Brand and they continued to make new performance models each year like the Jordans, but that's not the case with Kobe's Adidas line.

And Adidas retroing the Adidas Kobe line is cool, but I can't see it having anywhere near the same demand as his Nike models.

If Jerry Lorenzo and Ye are the designers for Kobe's new shoe model, it will sell to Kobe fans and Yeezy/Fear of God fans..... The Yeezy line alone made $1.7B in sales last year. You think the Kobe line ever had sales like that in a year? And this is part of Kobe's legacy, so having sneakers and apparel line several times a year, every year makes sense especially with Jerry Lorenzo behind it. He did that with Fear of God and the FOG Essentials line.

My problem with a lot of the Adidas Kobes is they look like basic PE team shoes with no signature input (except for the Kobe 1 and 2, but the 2 is the worst out of all). TBH I'm feeling the same way about Adidas's current shoes as well, the DON, Trae, and Harden 4's look very similar (the DON has more signature input with colorways, but the overall silhouette and design blocking is not much different).
The only few times where Adidas almost swayed me was the crazy light 2015 and 2016.

I have confidence that 2 of the most iconic men in street fashion, sneakers can make a basketball sneaker worthy of Kobe that can be worn on court and off. People doubted Ye, when he left Nike for Adidas. Now he's a billionaire. He single handed raised GAP's market capitalization by $1B just from the announcement with shares soaring as much as 42%. Imagine what Ye could do with the Kobe line along with Jerry Lorenzo, the Global Head of Adidas Basketball without any restrictions and full control.

First and foremost I appreciate everyone's feedback (I will make it a point acknowledge each one too) regarding the FAKE Kobes I received. The seller really tried to give me a partial refund (which is a dead giveaway they are fake) to complete the transaction! Nope, no siiiirr! I want a FULL refund and they pay for the shipping back to them!

Last edited:
In regards to the Grinch 6 Protos, if any, what are the main differences between those and the OG Grinches? I only own the OG pair at the moment.

If Vanessa is moving the brand to Adidas, maybe it’s a temporary thing. You know, start where it started and come back around to Nike later. Hopefully that’s the case, if that’s the case. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom