THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Yeah these are a pass for me. How we going to be this far into the Kobe line to get a heel zoom and phylon in the forefoot?! And the faux suede materials? I’m just going to buy another pair of Protros since some are sitting... very disappointing.

Yeah these are a pass for me. How we going to be this far into the Kobe line to get a heel zoom and phylon in the forefoot?! And the faux suede materials? I’m just going to buy another pair of Protros since some are sitting... very disappointing.

It makes for a very light shoe. If you liked the 8s then you'll like these. Give them a try when they're discounted.

They're dope. I know they are solid performers, but even if they weren't, i'd still rock casually and workout in them, because they're aesthetic asf. Some people try to look for any little thing to talk themselves out of buying them because they don't have the money.

Like a person with a 3 year old sports car, every time the new model comes out, they find negatives about the new one so they wont want it lol

Not if the sports car had a V10 in it and then they only offer a turbo inline-4 three years later haha. I’m not knocking those who purchased, and people seem to get defensive in here - you can justify your purchase all you want. I’m stating why I won’t be buying them though.

I just do no shows. Not really concerned with how my socks look with my basketball clothes.

I too like lower socks for basketball. I wear the Nike elite no shows for ball when wearing lows and the elite quarters when playing in mids. I prefer the feel of the no shows.

Are these tennis socks?

Same here

What kind of no shows do you guys play in? :nerd:

I mostly play in quarter elites which I love with mids but not as much with lows, would much rather have some thicker no shows for lows.

Smh. This video definitely makes me want to only buy from Nike so I can hoop in em and return em if they aren’t worth it which is what it sounds like
Ahhhhh everybody should be doing this for every shoe. Best customer service in the game

Yeah nightwing just isn't hitting the speed and change of directions and agility that I'd want to hear from a reviewer. He's very technical and knowledge on materials and cushioning - best part of his reviews for me. Also, is he commenting on traction from using them outdoors?

Nightwing should get that cute girl to review "hi-profile" shoes from the female perspective. duke40 duke40 put the info plug into your mans.

And i wont knock nightwing reviews ive learned from his review of what I should look for in a shoe or its worth a purchase.

I don't mind Nikes naming convention when it comes to AD, but I can agree i'd prefer what others said about Kobe AD1 Kobe AD2 Kobe AD3 etc.
What I don't like is how some are Kobe AD and some are Kobe A.D. like why do that? Also, it's difficult to Bing when looking for the newest models ie. Exodus, Sail, because when you search up Kobe AD the first version pulls up. That's where I have a semi issue with the name. You would have to Bing Kobe AD Sail or Exodus, but if the kicks don't have a name attached then it's difficult to find them

Their naming should have been along the lines of this
Kobe AD 1 (OG)
th

Kobe AD 2 (NXT)
th

Kobe AD 3 (Mid)
th

Kobe AD 4 (360)
th

Kobe AD 5 newest
Nike-Kobe-AD-Exodus-Black-Purple-1.jpg

I would love to get a NT game going - see who can play and who can’t. No shade, just saying - I’m sure I’m not good to some of you guys.

As for the socks, yeah, those no-show Elites up there are what I wear. Grabbed multiple colors at Ross/Marshall’s a year ago and they work perfect for me.

No wonder we ain't never see footage of Nightwing playing in an actual game for reviews - he looking kinda sloppy there on court :nerd: I'm sure he can play though since it does look like he can shoot.

But an outdoor review? :nerd: How can you comment on traction out doors? I've never encountered traction issues outdoors with ANY ball shoe.

No wonder we ain't never see footage of Nightwing playing in an actual game for reviews - he looking kinda sloppy there on court :nerd: I'm sure he can play though since it does look like he can shoot.

But an outdoor review? :nerd: How can you comment on traction out doors? I've never encountered traction issues outdoors with ANY ball shoe.

You would be surprised how many times we get asked about traction durability for outdoors. We don’t know unless we check it out.

LOL...there is a difference.

I haven't played outdoors/streetball since over 10 years ago when I was in high school, but randomly you might get a company picnic pick up game or visiting a neighborhood park to work on your shot...but outdoor courts are different. There are shoes made for outdoor courts (the air raids, and some other models come to mind) and you can actually see the traction pattern is built for outdoor use. Shiiiiiit, they even had the XDR rubber compound option which made it more durable for outdoor use. Like the AD NXT 360, those wouldn't last on outdoor courts, those knubs will break off so easily plus that translucent rubber compound they used was not durable at all, and it being 360 all around the sole is so thin you can bend it.

LMAO at you saying you never encountered traction issues with any ball shoes outdoor. U never slipped and slide on outdoor courts ever is laughable.

I haven't played outdoors/streetball since over 10 years ago when I was in high school, but randomly you might get a company picnic pick up game or visiting a neighborhood park to work on your shot...but outdoor courts are different. There are shoes made for outdoor courts (the air raids, and some other models come to mind) and you can actually see the traction pattern is built for outdoor use. Shiiiiiit, they even had the XDR rubber compound option which made it more durable for outdoor use. Like the AD NXT 360, those wouldn't last on outdoor courts, those knubs will break off so easily plus that translucent rubber compound they used was not durable at all, and it being 360 all around the sole is so thin you can bend it.

LMAO at you saying you never encountered traction issues with any ball shoes outdoor. U never slipped and slide on outdoor courts ever is laughable.
Depends on the court. If there's a dirt patch you will slip no matter how good the traction is. Anyways nightwing's opinion is ok for the average player. His comments work with the usual up and down player. If you're more of a slasher/side to side type player then Jahronmon's reviews are more reliable because he really makes those quick stops and side to side movements and stopping motions that require good traction in the first place.

This is why I miss kickgenius tbh. Those dudes were pretty good ball players and gave pretty honest opinions. Both also had different play styles so it was nice to hear both of their comments on shoes.

Last edited:

Slipping due to court conditions vs slipping due to traction of the shoe are two different things.
I've never had issues with traction outdoors due to the shoe. Slipping due to traction of a sneaker only becomes a problem with indoor courts for me. If the shoe has horrible traction, I will be sliding and wiping constantly. I take those same sneakers outdoors and I will have no issues with sliding around. When was the last time you had to wipe off the bottom of your shoes playing outdoors?

And your point about shoes being made for outdoor courts such as the XDR soles becomes a matter of durability, not traction.

Slipping due to court conditions vs slipping due to traction of the shoe are two different things.
I've never had issues with traction outdoors due to the shoe. Slipping due to traction of a sneaker only becomes a problem with indoor courts for me. If the shoe has horrible traction, I will be sliding and wiping constantly. I take those same sneakers outdoors and I will have no issues with sliding around. When was the last time you had to wipe off the bottom of your shoes playing outdoors?

And your point about shoes being made for outdoor courts such as the XDR soles becomes a matter of durability, not traction.

Durability also relates to traction. The compound used for the rubber is different causing different experiences on different services.

You never seen anyone wipe the bottom of their shoes outdoors? WTH? Not all outdoor courts are created equal. Not sure what kind of outdoor courts have dirt patches lol, dusty and some minor debris here and there, yes. Dirt patches? Y'all hooping outdoors in Somalia or what?

I don't play outdoors or have a bias for outdoor courts at all, but some of the stuff y'all are stating are straight up false statements.

If outdoor courts didn't matter as far as shoe traction (because no one ever in history has traction issues outdoors) people would just hoop in dress shoes then, right?

Depends on the court. If there's a dirt patch you will slip no matter how good the traction is. Anyways nightwing's opinion is ok for the average player. His comments work with the usual up and down player. If you're more of a slasher/side to side type player then Jahronmon's reviews are more reliable because he really makes those quick stops and side to side movements and stopping motions that require good traction in the first place.

This is why I miss kickgenius tbh. Those dudes were pretty good ball players and gave pretty honest opinions. Both also had different play styles so it was nice to hear both of their comments on shoes.
RIP to Kickgenius, so sad how they aren't friends anymore, **** Tre

How can you comment on traction out doors? I've never encountered traction issues outdoors with ANY ball shoe.

IDGAF about reviews, outdoor, indoor, or whatever. That statement you made up there is what made me respond, because it is simply false. Never encounter traction issues with ANY ball shoe, so all shoes grip the same......lol. You might not have any issues in your case, but I guarantee you some shoes grip better than other shoes OUTDOORS due to it's construction and traction pattern.

Off memory, on the Jordan 29 review from kickgenius I think, they spoke on how a lot of these reviewers are super trash, I can’t remember 100% if nightwing was also exposed, I feel like he was

Back
Top Bottom