THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Nike is absolutely horrible for the lack of pairs they made for these. With the previous releases before his death, I assumed it was just because the production numbers were already set. I also assumed that with the new deal, Nike would have made Kobes easily accessible to all of his fans around the world. Every Kobe shoe that drops should be treated as a tribute to that man, and not as a tool to build hype for the brand. It sickens me that resellers are profiting off that man’s death.

Wondering if this release was only exclusive to snkrs, or if there will be another round through the Mambacita website at a later date? At least for the jerseys 😅

Don't hold your breath on the mambacita site, that place is shopify and botted to death. SNKRS was definitely gonna be my best chance and I struck out. Really was hoping to get lucky since I got 2 pairs of the 6's last year. Sucks that these are super limited even considering that no tier 0 stores got these. 40k of these compared to the 120k-ish of the TS1 low olive.

I guess you know what Vanessa is thinking?

It's likely both parties. You think Vanessa (or any person with a little business acumen) would let Nike take advantage of her dead husband's (and daughter) legacy? Sure, she wants more pairs produced, but I bet she also wants a higher cut of each pair sold, cause she'd be a fool if she didn't. I don't take Vanessa for a fool.

On Nike's side, they have a dilemma because on one hand, they know the Kobe line is a golden goose. On the other, it would be a bad look for shoes from 2008-2010 to outsell current silos. You think anyone is buying GT Cut 2s cause Jordan Poole and Devin Booker wear them? Booker doesn't even wear the shoe in games and he was the launch athlete.

Yes I'm psychic. Or maybe she said it multiple times that she wanted Nike to make enough pairs for everyone. She said it's about Kobe's legacy. It's Nike blocking that because they don't want to saturate the market. Nike is thinking 5, 10 years down the line. This is Nike marketing at work. And Vanessa is worth more than $600M. Also, she could make far more money by Nike releasing more pairs and taking a smaller cut instead of limiting pairs and taking a higher cut. The blame is strictly on Nike for limiting pairs.

Yes I'm psychic. Or maybe she said it multiple times that she wanted Nike to make enough pairs for everyone. She said it's about Kobe's legacy. It's Nike blocking that because they don't want to saturate the market. Nike is thinking 5, 10 years down the line. This is Nike marketing at work. And Vanessa is worth more than $600M. Also, she could make far more money by Nike releasing more pairs and taking a smaller cut instead of limiting pairs and taking a higher cut. The blame is strictly on Nike for limiting pairs.
1000% on Nike. But honestly though, none of us know the contract details. I can't understand why Vanessa would sign something if she knew it would be the same Kobe fans getting shafted and limited numbers being produced year after year. Not to mention only 2 Kobe releases for the past year and a half. Maybe because Nike is donating all proceeds to the foundation, that's why it was around 40k produced. But hopefully the future releases like the protro 8 and reverse grinches would be higher stock (not holding my breath).

Seems like the sneaker companies are catering to the resell market to increase their bottom line. I thought they were supposed to mass produce Kobes. As popular as they are, everybody should be able to get a pair!

Seems like the sneaker companies are catering to the resell market to increase their bottom line. I thought they were supposed to mass produce Kobes. As popular as they are, everybody should be able to get a pair!

Nike gets none of the money from resell, the only thing that they get is interest in that pair of shoes and 95% of their clients upset.

If they wanted to make money they'd just make more shoes but that's not apart if the business plan.

An updated family portrait along with my OCD taking over and me grabbing all my Gigi related stuff 🕊️🤍🖤🐍
IMG_4761.jpeg
IMG_4752.jpeg
IMG_4748.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom