THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Nike gets none of the money from resell, the only thing that they get is interest in that pair of shoes and 95% of their clients upset.

If they wanted to make money they'd just make more shoes but that's not apart if the business plan.

You’re right, that’s how they keep us hanging on. I’ve seen people say how they buy shoes just to be able to buy a shoe because they can’t purchase pairs they really want. But look how hard it is to buy on footsites, yet footlocker invested in StockX. It’s all a scheme to create hype and keep us coming back for more every week!

1000% on Nike. But honestly though, none of us know the contract details. I can't understand why Vanessa would sign something if she knew it would be the same Kobe fans getting shafted and limited numbers being produced year after year. Not to mention only 2 Kobe releases for the past year and a half. Maybe because Nike is donating all proceeds to the foundation, that's why it was around 40k produced. But hopefully the future releases like the protro 8 and reverse grinches would be higher stock (not holding my breath).

Nike is letting others shine first with Zion, Giannis, Luka, Ja, and D. Book will release his signature sneakers later this year. Then you have KD with his lifetime deal, Lebron. Nike will probably ramp up production in 2024 (Only fitting they do and it makes great marketing.) Probably mid to late 2024. Hopefully we'll all have a better chance at pairs. But the Kobe market being so dry that it might still be difficult to get pairs even with higher inventory.

Nike is letting others shine first with Zion, Giannis, Luka, Ja, and D. Book will release his signature sneakers later this year. Then you have KD with his lifetime deal, Lebron. Nike will probably ramp up production in 2024 (Only fitting they do and it makes great marketing.) Probably mid to late 2024. Hopefully we'll all have a better chance at pairs. But the Kobe market being so dry that it might still be difficult to get pairs even with higher inventory.

No ******* way. Nike has had their chance to ramp up the production of Kobe's for over a year already and we still have nothing. Nike releases a mediocre cw, bots grab most of them and resell price is almost 1k dollars.

Kobe's are the new Off-Whites, none of us will have a chance to grab them for bball anymore.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this in the future..

Need this media exclusive bag:

IMG_6259.jpeg

Wearing grinches on nyc subways is very brazzy. Lost count of how many times I’ve seen people puke piss or poop on the train smh.

That said, where you at? Let’s hoop sometime lol
Heyyy they meant to be worn. And you could def say the same about NYC streets(dogs) 🤷🏾‍♂️ As long as it's not done on me right lol.

Just got back into NYCBBALL league. Last played there in 2018 before jumping ship to The Dynasty League.

Those were the stats from our first game last week.... a gutsy win. Was mad cuz they only marked 3 blocks and I def had at least 5.
Screenshot_20230426-183904_Chrome.jpg

Way to show out bro. I played in dynasty league from 08 up until the bandemic, had a kid and moved out to Long Island city from midtown. We were in the second and third divisions cause we had some non hoopers / celebrity chef types on the squad hah.

And you def right about the dog poop situation. Every mf here has a corgi or shiba lol

Heyyy they meant to be worn. And you could def say the same about NYC streets(dogs) 🤷🏾‍♂️ As long as it's not done on me right lol.

Just got back into NYCBBALL league. Last played there in 2018 before jumping ship to The Dynasty League.

Those were the stats from our first game last week.... a gutsy win. Was mad cuz they only marked 3 blocks and I def had at least 5.
Thank you for actually wearing your Kobe’s, I see way too many pics of ppl keeping their grinches or any other Kobe’s ds :smh:

I think those 8s may inspire what I create for the Sabrina 1s on NBY.
I feel you. I wanted the 4s to hoop in surprising... get a Kobe for retail to hoop.. that was my mindset. No luck on those so thought to pursue the Sabrina 1s as well. Hopefully they release in June with their season starting May 21.

🔥
Balled out, that’s dope they keep a full stat line. 41-38 final score though 🤣

Thank you for actually wearing your Kobe’s, I see way too many pics of ppl keeping their grinches or any other Kobe’s ds :smh:
I've always been the crazy one at my gym wearing my Kobe's on the court first day that I get them. The only pair I've kept ds (so far) are the HoF Undefeated 5s.

playing with undersized post players can be hella fun lol. They usually outwork everyone, get boards, loose balls, tough D… offensively most of them set hella screens and rather pass than shoot. save their energy for defense lol.

Oh definitely, I always guarded the other teams best player and was pretty good at setting screens and rolling, either to finish or kick it to the corner. These days I just play pickup when I’m not training others so I’m on my iso Joe shut haha. But on a real team I’m very much a system player.

I’ll be 37 in July haha and just had a second kid. Athletically I didn’t feel any drop off until like age 34-35 but that could also be due to the pandemic that shut everything down. I’m still training pretty hard these days but recovery takes a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom