THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

playing with undersized post players can be hella fun lol. They usually outwork everyone, get boards, loose balls, tough D… offensively most of them set hella screens and rather pass than shoot. save their energy for defense lol.
I’m 6’ 2” and my coach plays me down low, I do rip mad boards tho

old Kobe’s today bc Nike won’t let me buy new ones

668C6E6F-DEA3-4C6B-8A9F-66CEAC9DBCCC.jpeg

But to be fair I am thankful for the EA they gave me for the grinches in 2020. It’s been crickets since then but it’s been crickets for a lot of us

At least you got EAs. I had to beg coworkers to hit and got lucky 😢

I’ll be 37 in July haha and just had a second kid. Athletically I didn’t feel any drop off until like age 34-35 but that could also be due to the pandemic that shut everything down. I’m still training pretty hard these days but recovery takes a lot longer.
I'll be 38 in July.... 3 daughters. Before our first game... my boy( the captain).. was like all of us are older and all that stuff. I said speak for yourself. Still have the same body from undergrad and all and just dont play as much as i did way back then lol..... I proceeded to change my name to....
Screenshot_20230502-115332_GroupMe.jpg

playing with undersized post players can be hella fun lol. They usually outwork everyone, get boards, loose balls, tough D… offensively most of them set hella screens and rather pass than shoot. save their energy for defense lol.

I'm 5'10 and played PF/C in HS. That's the only game I know to this day. People are always surprised I got post moves. :rofl:

Euro has been tough for me to add to the bag. I’m up on other on moves that we didn’t see much growing up. Mostly talking about hezi’s, step backs/side steps. Rest of the game is the same as before with more emphasis on 3s. My theory on why I don’t ever Euro is mainly because I only play pick up games. Which means nobody is taking a charge. If I played games where half the time I drive, someone is trying to draw a charge, I think Euro’s would be easy to incorporate. I know that’s not the only time Euro’s are used, so I think the reason I don’t do it other times is just that I didn’t learn it coming up. I’m 38 for what it’s worth. I still want to add it to the bag though, I’m not giving up completely

Euro has been tough for me to add to the bag. I’m up on other on moves that we didn’t see much growing up. Mostly talking about hezi’s, step backs/side steps. Rest of the game is the same as before with more emphasis on 3s. My theory on why I don’t ever Euro is mainly because I only play pick up games. Which means nobody is taking a charge. If I played games where half the time I drive, someone is trying to draw a charge, I think Euro’s would be easy to incorporate. I know that’s not the only time Euro’s are used, so I think the reason I don’t do it other times is just that I didn’t learn it coming up. I’m 38 for what it’s worth. I still want to add it to the bag though, I’m not giving up completely

A few strength and stability exercises can help a lot with that. Try some of these out

1. Single leg RDL
2. After each set do side to side hops from one foot to the other. Start slow and emphasize landing on the ball of your foot and absorbing the impact with your butt and core muscles more than the knees and ankles.

Once you get good at 2. I do it with a weighted ball and then incorporate an upward jump, so it’s something like left right left jump up in terms of the foot work. Do that like 5 times then repeat with right left right up etc.

Rotational core work also helps tremendously. I’ll put together a little IG reel for you later tonight when I meet up with my bball client to workout.

I agree with you though. Growing up it was all about that AI and stephon Marbury jump stop. I didn’t start doing euros until d wade burst on to the scene.

A few strength and stability exercises can help a lot with that. Try some of these out

1. Single leg RDL
2. After each set do side to side hops from one foot to the other. Start slow and emphasize landing on the ball of your foot and absorbing the impact with your butt and core muscles more than the knees and ankles.

Once you get good at 2. I do it with a weighted ball and then incorporate an upward jump, so it’s something like left right left jump up in terms of the foot work. Do that like 5 times then repeat with right left right up etc.

Rotational core work also helps tremendously. I’ll put together a little IG reel for you later tonight when I meet up with my bball client to workout.

I agree with you though. Growing up it was all about that AI and stephon Marbury jump stop. I didn’t start doing euros until d wade burst on to the scene.
Yup D Wade or of course the goat Ginobili

Skip to my Lou and Hot sauce didn’t even euro lol. Like I said I do think in pick up hoops it’s different because there are no charges.

Yea that would be dope if u make a reel fam

You gotta learn the pinoy step. It works a lot man and you don't gotta use any lateral movements that'll tear a knee ligament hahaha.
I’m a big fan of that move. Definitely have to use a lot of different pickups when I play against hacks. Low to high, high to low, one arm cuff etc. if all else fails give them the lebron stiff arm 🤣

Crazy bro!

I filmed some exercises last night to make a sample bball workout. Should I post it here or is there some workout thread?

Now that I have a new born I had to adjust my workout schedule from mornings to late nights. Ended up playing some pickup at 10pm which felt terrible on my body lol.

Crazy bro!

I filmed some exercises last night to make a sample bball workout. Should I post it here or is there some workout thread?

Now that I have a new born I had to adjust my workout schedule from mornings to late nights. Ended up playing some pickup at 10pm which felt terrible on my body lol.
Post it here!

Back
Top Bottom