The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

11, 10, 9 
pimp.gif

I wonder what Nike's logic for holding out pics this long

if they think it's "building hype" then their solely mistaken

there's a niche audience that cares about being the first to see pics vs. just walking in the store and seeing them

i bet most people don't even notice there's not a 14 yet

If you can get me that Data in size 8.5 for under retail would you be able to buy for me? I will even give you a 10% buyers fee and shipping to Montana.

I only saw the Data's in size 11 and up. I'm sure they are all gone now away with all the Christmas shopping going on. Sorry :rolleyes

I'd have to go... Just my take
4 (Shoe is so wavy man)
3 (so comfortable, classic Jordan-esque design)
7 (another classic Jordan-esque design but well put together)
1 (reminds me of Penny's for some reason)
2 (top 5)
8(V1) -(leather and sleek design made this shoe dope)
9 (hated the clover at first but the design grew on me)
10 (loved the design, Crown Jewels should have been a general release)
12 (reminds me of the penny line as well, too many hipster colorways)
11 (loved this shoe but mad uncomfortable)
6 (modern take on an Air Force One, Zoom Powers should retro like an "Alternate" version)
13 (shoe sucks, too many colorways, one piece upper and foam makes its hard to rock)
5 (meeeeeh, nothing dope about the design in my opinions).

elites are a different story: 10,9,11,13, 7(PS),12, 8(V3) in that order IMO....

These were talked about during the last quarterly earnings report by Nike. And since then no release... Tomorrow they report again.

Nike needs new management and vision ASAP - all they're doing is focusing on garbage retros. Well over a decade of the same 'ish being re-re-retroed has stifled any kind of innovation.

0 hype or information on your biggest signature, but some whack retro Jordans are hyped up months in advance.

Thinking about posting a sketch once a week until the real thing drops lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike needs new management and vision ASAP - all they're doing is focusing on garbage retros. Well over a decade of the same 'ish being re-re-retroed has stifled any kind of innovation.

0 hype or information on your biggest signature, but some whack retro Jordans are hyped up months in advance.
Couldn't agree more.  I personally think that Adidas is doing a better job with working with others and creating some nice collaborations, while Nike seems to just sit there and do nothing, or if they do end up doing stuff, its with the same shoes like AF1s.  

I got a feeling they are trying to keep any news about the Lebrons under-wraps, due to how the sales of 13s went, and are maybe trying to correct their mistakes of past releases

Space Jam 2 was confirmed wasn't it? As much as I'd like Kobe to be the star, if Bron is then what if they're waiting to reveal the 14 in the first trailer to stir up hype?

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but Adidas is WAY overrated right now. They are not "killing it" as so many say they are. The only reason the yeezy boosts (aka Roshe Run Rip Offs) are selling is because of the name attached to them. I'll give them the Ultra Boosts because they're comfortable af. But besides that, they are not "killing it" design wise. I can guarantee the people that say Adidas is winning right now saw some people on the streets wearing Kanye shirts, joggers/skinny jeans, and NMD's. And I don't see anyone rocking any of the newest Adidas basketball shoes. 

Last edited:

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but Adidas is WAY overrated right now. They are not "killing it" as so many say they are. The only reason the yeezy boosts (aka Roshe Run Rip Offs) are selling is because of the name attached to them. I'll give them the Ultra Boosts because they're comfortable af. But besides that, they are not "killing it" design wise. I can guarantee the people that say Adidas is winning right now saw some people on the streets wearing Kanye shirts, joggers/skinny jeans, and NMD's. And I don't see anyone rocking any of the newest Adidas basketball shoes. 
I think when people say Adidas is "killing it," they are referring more to what Adidas was putting out in the recent past (5 or so years ago) versus now rather than meaning that they have leapfrogged Nike for the top spot. If you compare Adidas designs now versus five years ago, it's not even close. The Ultra boost, CE, CLB, Rose 7, and Dame 2/3 are much better than what was out 5+ years ago. Plus, boost is amazing. Conversly, many of Nike's designs have seemed to have declined in recent years. The Kobe A.D. has nothing on the Kobe 8 or 9. The Lebron 13 is not close to the the Lebron 8-10s. However, Nike is still putting out some interesting designs. The KD 9 is an awesome performer and really takes advantage of flyknit. The hyperdunk flyknit is cool (though the price tag $40-$50 more than any adidas basketball shoe). Finally, not seeing many people wearing Adidas basketball shoes on court doesn't mean Adidas is not doing a great job designing performance shoes. They have been receiving great reviews on here and youtube/blogs.

Summary: "Killing it" does not really mean that Adidas has overtaken Nike. Instead, it means that Adidas has made significant strides in recent years and does not seem to be slowing down, whereas Nike is becoming stagnant in many facets. I still buy and wear shoes from both brands, so I look forward to seeing what they (and others) create going forward.

I think when people say Adidas is "killing it," they are referring more to what Adidas was putting out in the recent past (5 or so years ago) versus now rather than meaning that they have leapfrogged Nike for the top spot. If you compare Adidas designs now versus five years ago, it's not even close. The Ultra boost, CE, CLB, Rose 7, and Dame 2/3 are much better than what was out 5+ years ago. Plus, boost is amazing. Conversly, many of Nike's designs have seemed to have declined in recent years. The Kobe A.D. has nothing on the Kobe 8 or 9. The Lebron 13 is not close to the the Lebron 8-10s. However, Nike is still putting out some interesting designs. The KD 9 is an awesome performer and really takes advantage of flyknit. The hyperdunk flyknit is cool (though the price tag $40-$50 more than any adidas basketball shoe). Finally, not seeing many people wearing Adidas basketball shoes on court doesn't mean Adidas is not doing a great job designing performance shoes. They have been receiving great reviews on here and youtube/blogs.

Summary: "Killing it" does not really mean that Adidas has overtaken Nike. Instead, it means that Adidas has made significant strides in recent years and does not seem to be slowing down, whereas Nike is becoming stagnant in many facets. I still buy and wear shoes from both brands, so I look forward to seeing what they (and others) create going forward.
Well put.

Yeah dude said it right, from a design standpoint Adidas is going the right direction. Nike been rehashing retro after retro, and their new designs are meh subjectively.

Still laugh when people say the 350's are Roshe rip offs.

Without the Ye name attached the 350's are a very well designed shoe that looks good casually. Nike has always been "about the athlete".

Yeah dude said it right, from a design standpoint Adidas is going the right direction. Nike been rehashing retro after retro, and their new designs are meh subjectively.

Still laugh when people say the 350's are Roshe rip offs.

Without the Ye name attached the 350's are a very well designed shoe that looks good casually. Nike has always been "about the athlete".

Design wise, they look like big rats...
Comfort wise, they feel like huaraches comfort...
Stop making them limited and resell will completely die...

Has there ever been another time where there were such few amount of days left for a shoe to drop without pics?

I think the XIV got push back again, you can't find the XIV at footlocker eu or footlocker au schedule on December anymore

Back
Top Bottom