The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

No, I feel like they still aren't ready. I also firmly believe that Nike doesn't have the guts to surprise us with these for that mystery drop. Probably will be a red roshe with candy cane laces or something

Definitely hope I'm wrong lol

No, I feel like they still aren't ready. I also firmly believe that Nike doesn't have the guts to surprise us with these for that mystery drop. Probably will be a red roshe with candy cane laces or something

Definitely hope I'm wrong lol
Did you not see lebron wearing them in practice? How are they "not ready"

My conspiracy theory.

Nike got sick of competing against themselves in the higher price range. They know Jordans dominate the category in Q4 so they move all other higher end releases to the beginning of the year or spring.

Hence KD in spring/summer. 31 goes late summer deal. Sprinkle in Kobe and hypers to start the fall. Then Kylie and lebron drop in Q1.

Kinda what Im thinking. They decided to move release dates around this year.
Kobe used to release in February. Now they release in November, KD is in July, Kyrie end of December.
Makes sense the Lebrons release for All Star weekend. Be prepared to wait people.
Wouldnt make sense for NIke to release Kyrie's and Lebrons close together.

Last edited:
Lol you sound like dude right here. In his review he compared the Yezzys comfort to Huraches. 6:15 mark... Hilarious

I think alot of the hype cats who buy Adidas Yeezy/Boost product were wearing inferior hyped Nike/JB retro product. Most of us know how whack and poorly cushioned Nike/JB retro product is. So now you have Adidas using actual cushioning in their product and these cats are proclaiming that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The benchmark was set so damn low for Adidas that they didn't need to much. That said this Adidas resurgence is much needed as Nike has been on cruise control for well over a decade.

Yup. Basically taking that Feb release date that Jordans used to do.

Kinda what Im thinking. They decided to move release dates around this year.
Kobe used to release in February. Now they release in November, KD is in July, Kyrie end of December.
Makes sense the Lebrons release for All Star weekend. Be prepared to wait people.
Wouldnt make sense for NIke to release Kyrie's and Lebrons close together.

I think alot of the hype cats who buy Adidas Yeezy/Boost product were wearing inferior hyped Nike/JB retro product. Most of us know how whack and poorly cushioned Nike/JB retro product is. So now you have Adidas using actual cushioning in their product and these cats are proclaiming that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The benchmark was set so damn low for Adidas that they didn't need to much. That said this Adidas resurgence is much needed as Nike has been on cruise control for well over a decade.

Yup. I picture that the Roshe crowd wanted something different and got a shoe with performances cushioning. Nike/JB been pushing this lunar nonsense on people and it's caught up with them. They been stingy with the zoom for way too long.

I think dropping the 14 on SNKRS with no notice, no release info would be amazing!  Popping up with a chance to buy them right before he walks on court wearing them for the first time (in a game), would be an incredible surprise.  

So that being said, I think Nike will blow it.  It will be some whack shoe dropping instead, and Bron will wear a Xmas Soldier X or older Xmas shoe in the game.  That seems more consistent with the way Nike has been doing Bron lately.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Yup. I picture that the Roshe crowd wanted something different and got a shoe with performances cushioning. Nike/JB been pushing this lunar nonsense on people and it's caught up with them. They been stingy with the zoom for way too long.

I never bought into Roshe hype. The 'cushioning' on those whack shoes was the same as what they'd run on their sandals/flip-flops. OD 'squishy' with no arch or midfoot support. Nike lucked out with releasing such a basic, generic joint like the Roshe at the infancy of the sneaker craze.

I think dropping the 14 on SNKRS with no notice, no release info would be amazing!  Popping up with a chance to buy them right before he walks on court wearing them for the first time (in a game), would be an incredible surprise.  

So that being said, I think Nike will blow it.  It will be some whack shoe dropping instead, and Bron will wear a Xmas Soldier X or older Xmas shoe in the game.  That seems more consistent with the way Nike has been doing Bron lately.
mean.gif

I agree.  They will most likely keep pushing back the release date or keep it quiet for a while, only to finally release a trash shoe. Hopefully we see that the 14s can be worn off court as well.  

So that being said, I think Nike will blow it.  It will be some whack shoe dropping instead, and Bron will wear a Xmas Soldier X or older Xmas shoe in the game.  That seems more consistent with the way Nike has been doing Bron lately. :smh:    

My man, ask Reebok, Fila and some others how well random drops have been working out for them. Looking at Nike's present design language, these joints are going to be basic AF so they need at the very least some basic level of marketing and awareness.

so since kyries gonna wear k3s against warriors what is lebron gonna wear?.. cant be the soldiers mayne..plus xmas is second to allstar game with shoe showcase....  

All these shenanigans would be forgiven if Nike started debuting their shoes on court like they used to do with MJ instead of putting pics out months in advance.

It would be even doper if they put out no official pics and you just walked into the store and they were there

All these shenanigans would be forgiven if Nike started debuting their shoes on court like they used to do with MJ instead of putting pics out months in advance.

It would be even doper if they put out no official pics and you just walked into the store and they were there

I'm saying the Nike mystery shoe is the AZG with bron debuting the 14 on christmas complete with commercial real jordan like...

Debuting on court >>>

Back
Top Bottom