The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters

they aint very popular, just with the lebron collectors....and even they aint in a rush to cop until they are on sale....imo
thanks this was basically what i was trying to ask.

like what do people "loyal" to the lebron line think of the model and the cws.

but i dont have any pink shoes 
laugh.gif

I seen your sig and that's why i said that 
laugh.gif

XI's sat pretty heavily too, went on sale and most hit outlets, still sold 300 million worth.  

Not really relevant if people "run to grab them" on release day, they still sell, and the numbers have been so big on most XI's and all XII's there is no need to run to the store on release day.  

People just know these don't have resale value and don't have Jordan hype, so most take their time to cop.  Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't liked or don't sell though.  

Last edited:

I seen your sig and that's why i said that 
laugh.gif
haha touche.

like me personally i view a shoes success based on how they execute on the major models like...

all star- think theyre one of the top colorways. really nice

BHM- nothing wow but a solid execution.

easter- nah. but easters been a let down.

christmas- failure. gross and this is probably the 2nd most important colorway behind all star.

nsrl- (first colorway) eh. could live with or without it. nothing in the same league as kings pride and other 1st colorways.

ext- will wait to pass judgement. but Xs were great. and i was not a fan of the X silhouette at all.

Last edited:

i figured thats the type of answer you were looking for......but im not loyal to the line, tho......i thought this was one of the worst model lebrons in design and colorway.....i tried to like em but nah, ive lost faith in copping a pair.......never know though nike might have 200 more cws and one might make me change my stance.

then again every year there seem to be a million new sneakerheads so they gotta be buying something......all i know is the last 2 models i stayed away from completely 

XI's sat pretty heavily too, went on sale and most hit outlets, still sold 300 million worth.  

Not really relevant if people "run to grab them" on release day, they still sell, and the numbers have been so big on most XI's and all XII's there is no need to run to the store on release day.  

People just know these don't have resale value and don't have Jordan hype, so most take their time to cop.  Doesn't mean they aren't liked or don't sell though.  
Agreed honestly the days of shoes selling out day one are almost over. I rarely go to ftl fta fnl etc. But i couldn't believe it when i went there a couple weeks ago and some of the retro releases from the allstar break were still sitting on shelves.

Last edited:
Always wondered why people that don't like a shoe hang or answer questions in the threads.....

Maybe nike should drop limited colors so that the hypebeasts can say these are popular now.

Nike actually did us a solid by dropping all of the colors in big numbers yet people that don't know any better want to chime in and say they aren't popular :lol:

Last edited:
Always wondered why people that don't like a shoe hang or answer questions in the threads.....
because i like the cleveland colorway and try to buy the models he wins championships in. so that would be my buy for the XII.

i dont hate the shoe.

im just not a fan of it.

and was curious about what your guys' (the regulars) view on it was.

I know plenty of ppl that aren't "Lebron collectors" that dig the 12s. Some of my die-hard Jordanhead homies even copped a few... On the other hand, some Lebron folks didn't like this model.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Its been a divisive, polarizing model. You either love it or hate it, with not many ppl drifting in the middle. But to say it isn't very popular is just wrong. It was the same way with the 11s... and 10s... and 9s... Its all personal preference. There is no "concensus"

i figured thats the type of answer you were looking for......but im not loyal to the line, tho......i thought this was one of the worst model lebrons in design and colorway.....i tried to like em but nah, ive lost faith in copping a pair.......never know though nike might have 200 more cws and one might make me change my stance.
Then why be in the thread if you dont like the design of the lebron 12. No colorway can save a shoe if you dont like the design unless your buying off hype.

they aint very popular, just with the lebron collectors....and even they aint in a rush to cop until they are on sale....imo

I think they are towards the bottom in Lebron models

They aren't that comfortable relative to other Lebron models and they don't look great

They will still have high sales numbers because they are the most produced Lebrons

You could use sales for popularity, under that line of thinking the Nike Air Monarch IV is Nikes most popular shoe

In terms of the sneaker community, they aren't that popular, you aren't going to get alot props for wearing them, they wont have high demand when the cycle is over with, they may or may not have value down the line, I wouldn't put money on it though

If you like them, you like them though

Last edited:
I get more props and convos started when I wear my datas than I do wearing retro jordans.... Just saying

In terms of the sneaker community, they aren't that popular, you aren't going to get alot props for wearing them, they wont have high demand when the cycle is over with, they may or may not have value down the line, I wouldn't put money on it though
To me, that's sheep mentality though, not whether it's a good shoe or not.  

Buying them to get "props" or because they have "high demand" doesn't mean you particularly like or dislike the shoe, it means others do or don't, and you care what "they" think.  

Only "props" or "demand" I worry about is whether I like them when I take them out of the box and throw them on, rest doesn't matter to me.  

Why does a shoe have to hold value to be popular in the sneaker community. If you really need someone else to give you props on your shoes then your not passionate about sneakers. your just a "sneakerhead/hypebeast". The only value that should matter is the value that they are worth to you personally

To me, that's sheep mentality though, not whether it's a good shoe or not.  
Buying them to get "props" or because they have "high demand" doesn't mean you particularly like or dislike the shoe, it means others do or don't, and you care what "they" think.  
Only "props" or "demand" I worry about is whether I like them when I take them out of the box and throw them on, rest doesn't matter to me.  

Yeah man you left out the "If you like them,you like them" part

Last edited:
Can always call and see if they have sizes available and take phone orders...
Good lookin fam. I'm gonna keep my eye on eBay for a bit though. I doubt those will move quick.

Question: What is the reasoning behind the "What Ifs"? Is is What "What If...." Lebron played football and subsequently played for Dallas (his favorite team)?

Last edited:
Why does a shoe have to hold value to be popular in the sneaker community. If you really need someone else to give you props on your shoes then your not passionate about sneakers. your just a "sneakerhead/hypebeast". The only value that should matter is the value that they are worth to you personally

Yeah man If you like them, it doesn't matter if they are popular on not

I love the Lebron 8 V3 and the Lebron VII PS but I'm not foolish enough to say they are the most popular Lebrons

At certain point if almost every colorway is available below retail online, at retail stores, boutiques and multiple outlets

And I see they have a bad resale value or lose their resale value

I have to use logic and say "hey maybe these aren't that popular"

Again I don't dislike them but they are definitively near the bottom of my Lebron rankings and many other peoples too

Which is what the guy was asking

Last edited:
They are replicas but really close to the real thing. Doesn't matter to me, normal people won't see a difference. Shrug...

I am curious to know how you figure those up on Ebay are replicas? Not gonna lie, I'm thinking of picking up a pair from Ebay today just because I won't be around Saturday so by the time I return to work on Monday, USPS should be dropping of my CLE's. I didn't know that Lebron 12's were being replicated so I'm just curious how you figure.

lol 
is this serious or troll?

the part about them being replicas.

im not trying to be snide either, i never thought those would be reps.

Yea, I was thinking the same. Even tho a lot of people might want to get the CLE's, I don't think that this would be hot on the being replicated or any lebron 12's for that matter unless they are like a Championship, MVP or what the lebron or something, than I can see replicas of those being made.

Back
Top Bottom