The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was listening to ben taylor's pod and he expressed some serious concern about AD not looking anything near the player he was in NO or his first year with the lakers. Got me wondering what the problem is, can't be out of shape at this point

Nobody unless he looks like prime MJ and Magic combined in the games he plays for the Rockets and that seems unlikely.
It's just way too much salary to match. Basically impossible unless it's for Russ again.

Glad I’m not the only one who feels this way :lol: I really respect him wanting to come back though to hoop. I can’t say a lot of guys but some would definitely just ride the line and collect their $90MM over the next two seasons. He just turned 31 in September too |l

Is there any precedent for a player turning down a player option like this? Closest I can think of is Oladipo but that was a long-term deal and he was betting on himself

There's no reason for him to just not (actually) play out the rest of his contract in Houston. He's still a good passer. Can help set up their youngins at least. If he wants to be somewhere else, he'll have to eat the money and get bought out. Couldn't be me though.

OKC can absorb his salary me thinks
Ehhh….
1638047300320.png

There's no reason for him to just not (actually) play out the rest of his contract in Houston. He's still a good passer. Can help set up their youngins at least. If he wants to be somewhere else, he'll have to eat the money and get bought out. Couldn't be me though.

Only thing I can think of is that both sides would be worried about an injury.

Yup, wondering if Klay making a return lit a spark.
I think it’s the GSW style of play coupled with winning basketball and his teammates. I know he’s been there since 2020 but winning cures all and outside of 2017-2017 with Stringer Butler, he has played on trash teams in the NBA. Has to hit different with the ball movement , excitement and wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom