The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know what the right move is. They are just treading water right now though as presently built. Not quite bad enough to guarantee them a top 2-3 pick in this draft, but not good enough to really make a play-in push.

Based on draft position, that’s historically been their standing (even before the play-in was introduced) |l They need to go full process/OKC because these mid-to-late lottery picks ain’t for them. 3 games out of the play-in and 3 games away from top lottery odds.The story of the Sacramento Kings :lol:

are dudes just getting old? dame? harden? I mean age hits us all differently. They washed af.

I think now is where we see the real separation, in not just talent, but see who really puts work in over the summer; who watches what they eat; who trains and recovers; who actually does all they can to conquer age.

Bron and Curry aren't the rule, they're the exception. Brady is the exception.

Beyond physical gifts, they put in OD work on their bodies to stay in peak conditioning as long as they can, so if they lose, it wont be because they werent in shape or physically ready.

Oh and cp3. he's aging well also. And being surrounded by young talent helps a ton.

Bron would be better if he wasnt such a lame sellin off all the youngins for old slow bums that fit is random ideal of a superteam.

Big reason even despite two of the worse injuries I would NEVER bet against killa klay b

I'm ok with it. I never agreed its better sportsma ship to dribble the clock out and take the shot clock violation and turn over and make the other team have to come back onto the court and inbound as opposed to taking a shot (if the shot clock isn't off), then after that shot everyone can walk off had he missed..

Also even if the shot clock is off and they don't have to shoot, I am not mad if you do either especially if the other team is going to keep playing defense trying to get their own worthless steal and maybe layup.

I'm ok with it. I never agreed its better sportsma ship to dribble the clock out and take the shot clock violation and turn over and make the other team have to come back onto the court and inbound as opposed to taking a shot (if the shot clock isn't off), then after that shot everyone can walk off had he missed..

Also even if the shot clock is off and they don't have to shoot, I am not mad if you do either especially if the other team is going to keep playing defense trying to get their own worthless steal and maybe layup.
Ok Caron Butler lol

MUYN7RFG6D2X2DGDBYN7QWCJ4E.jpg

Sunday after Thanksgiving and Dame is already using “go back to your problems” and “poor people” type responses? He needs to get out of Portland ASAP

I am not saying they shouldn’t but are you suggesting they clean house and go full tank mode? Problem with the Kings is that despite sucking they rarely hit on draft position as well as their actual pick. Here are there lottery selections over the last 20+ years.
2021: Off Night (#9)
2020: Halliburton (#12)
2018: Bagley (#2)
2017: Star Fox (#5)
2016: Marquese Chriss (#8)
2015: WCS (#6)
2014: Sauce Castillo (#8)
2013: Ben McLemore (#7)
2012: Thomas Robinson (#5)
2011: Biyombo (#7)
2010: Cousins (#5)
2009: Tyreke Evans (#4)
2008: Jason Thompson (#12)
2007: Spencer Hawes (#10)

They need more than just picks at this point because they seem cursed :lol:
Yea if youre not a FA destination & miss in the draft, there’s not ever any hope.

Luka was right there in 2018, Sengun was right there in this past draft.

Their new GM came from Houston so it was a decent hiring on paper but letting Bogey walk for absolutely nothing & passing on Sengun is odd. We’ll see how the rest of his tenure plays out.

Fox’s max just started so he’s more or less stuck but you’re going to sour the relationship with him if you move Buddy & Barnes to try to tank. But then you stand pat & you’re picking in the late lottery :lol:

Tough situation

Any updated stats on the league wide numbers on fouls and free throws? I remember they were at historic lows earlier this month

Last edited:
Any updated stats on the league wide numbers on fouls and free throws? I remember they were at historic lows earlier this month

I am not sure if this is a serious inquiry or you are asking a question that you already know the answer to so that you can make a point. However, to answer your question, after doing a quick and dirty check it appears that YTD teams are averaging 19.1 fouls per game down from 19.4 last season (2% decrease) and they are averaging 20.1 FTA per game down from 21.9 (8% decrease).

Time for harden to go for 6th man of the year again. He doesn’t put in that conditioning time and it shows. 5 years ago He could get away with it. Not anymore. The rest finally not bailing him out play after play doesn’t help either.

I am not sure if this is a serious inquiry or you are asking a question that you already know the answer to so that you can make a point. However, to answer your question, after doing a quick and dirty check it appears that YTD teams are averaging 19.1 fouls per game down from 19.4 last season (2% decrease) and they are averaging 20.1 FTA per game down from 21.9 (8% decrease).
We’re getting less shooting fouls but it’s offset with the take fouls to prevent the fast break. Roughly same fouls but less FTs

Less shooting fouls and you get teams playing more aggressive on the perimeter. More hacking getting uncalled and less shenanigans getting called

Kings and the wolves no matter how bad it gets shouldn't even attempt to tank. Their rep is already so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom