The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than likely this. 4 years left and nobody is about to unload multiple picks, pick swaps, and a notable player for Ben Simmons

I think it’s more the fact that it’s Ben Simmons than the contract that has them stuck. Harden still had 3 years on his deal when he was traded, right?

Rich Paul really had Ben out here actin' wild all summer only to tuck his tail and come back home when it came time to not cash them checks... :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Harden literally just showed you how to demand a trade when you have no leverage. Blueprints was right there for the taking.

Ben soft fasho. Mans caved 2 weeks into a 'holdout'. Didn't know being a socialite was so expensive. He must REALLY be missing that bread.

Ben soft fasho. Mans caved 2 weeks into a 'holdout'. Didn't know being a socialite was so expensive. He must REALLY be missing that bread.
He only lost like 1 practice check and 2 preseason game checks. This is more that Morey said a deal isn’t happening till December. So holding out for half the season when they def won’t trade you is pointless

I think it’s more the fact that it’s Ben Simmons than the contract that has them stuck. Harden still had 3 years on his deal when he was traded, right?

it’s both

6ers need to get something useful in return and have zero incentive to just bend over for Lebron and co when they have all the leverage in that situation

for the 6ers, klutch’s whole plan is great for them.. granted a better plan woulda been if Ben said he would come back for half a season and legit play to try and improve his market while discussions happen behind the scenes.. maybe dame wants out of Portland

but the only legit hardball play Klutch had was going harden.. but you’re doing that in Philly

Letting him hold out and the idea that's been floated that they believed he'd still get all his money is damned near malpractice.

Rich done a lot of things right and he's usually on point but this whole situation was scuffed from jump street on every front.

I wonder if there was any verbiage in whatever conversations were had to ensure Ben Simmons doesn’t just show up to get paid while just pulling a Harden the entire time he’s back.

these dudes realized they were f’n with the money and I assume someone explained what would happen to the contract if he didn’t accrue a season

I wonder if there was any verbiage in whatever conversations were had to ensure Ben Simmons doesn’t just show up to get paid while just pulling a Harden the entire time he’s back.

at this point, considering his actions

they now might have made it difficult to pull a harden, since it’s well known exactly what he wants and why he would or wouldn’t be doing things

because if he were to now try it after voicing his desire to get out and never be back with the team, it’s not hard to see how the team could then resort to legal technicalities to screw him

Ben and Rich Paul….. :lol:

Ben is about to sue Rich like Nerlens Noel for that money lost :lol:

Worst holdout ever :lol:

or they realized he had 4 years left on his contract and they learned the hard way how contracts work

I don’t even know how Rich discussed this with Ben prior to the start of offseason :lol:

It’s just poor management altogether.

Morey RN
7A554C9D-65C6-4FE5-B6DB-A68F999FF5D2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom