The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal was always Kyrie and KD. Its nice to not be part of negative news, more distractions, and just focus on basketball for once.

😆 KD being there is enough. It leads to opportunities to bring in other stars, just like they did. Y'all really sounding like Dolan.

Agent of Chaos 🔥

BIG Kyrie Thread
A proud supporter of Kyrie’s decision?

1634083006130.jpeg

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of Irving’s decision have told The Athletic that Irving is not anti-vaccine and that his stance is that he is upset that people are losing their jobs due to vaccine mandates. It’s a stance that Irving has explained to close teammates. To him, this is about a grander fight than the one on the court and Irving is challenging a perceived control of society and people’s livelihood, according to sources with knowledge of Irving’s mindset. It is a decision that he believes he is capable to make given his current life dynamics. “Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless,” one source said.

This is so ******* stupid. :lol:

KD is probably the best player in the league right now. Kyrie still top 20. Y’all are happy with a high floor, low ceiling team instead of having them because of distractions? :lol: That’s nonsense and you know it.

KD is probably the best player in the league right now. Kyrie still top 20. Y’all are happy with a high floor, low ceiling team instead of having them because of distractions? :lol: That’s nonsense and you know it.

All of this. Knicks fans cheered for worse dudes that caused bigger headaches.

yes I know KD wasn’t going there but eye don’t get the “whew we dodged a bullet talk”

Knicks are playing good basketball for the first time in years AND staying out of the news, it's practically ******* christmas in NY right now :lol:

So unless Kyrie wins a championship in Brooklyn I honestly would prefer to not have him on the team at this moment. Especially since apparently he wouldn't be on the team anyways, preferring to be a pro-Covid activist :lol:

Obviously KD and Harden would be nice but they aint won **** for BK either and weren't coming without Kyrie, so for now I'm perfectly happy

KD and Harden are vaxxed though. Seems like a good trade off

obviously is, but i think having a sideshow of tin hats, injuries and who knows what other surprises in store for this season would've further compounded the lore of the knicks always having a dark cloud above them. coulda chanced it with kd while he was injured, but his track record says he isn't the type to go to a team by himself. you don't have to believe it, but the knicks are so much better off without any of this mess

it would be nice to have kevin durant & james harden on my favorite team

BUT I do really like this current group. Got a lot more dynamic in the offseason & been taking a ton of threes in preseason. Haven't ever been this excited for a season.

Knicks are playing good basketball for the first time in years AND staying out of the news, it's practically ****ing christmas in NY right now :lol:

So unless Kyrie wins a championship in Brooklyn I honestly would prefer to not have him on the team at this moment. Especially since apparently he wouldn't be on the team anyways, preferring to be a pro-Covid activist :lol:

Obviously KD and Harden would be nice but they aint won **** for BK either and weren't coming without Kyrie, so for now I'm perfectly happy

I think they're looking at it from a pure basketball perspective and not a Knicks fans perspective. BK can have KD, Harden and Myrie and not win a chip and it gets a little press. Let the Knicks have those three and not win. It would be a NIGHTMARE for the Knicks in the media. It's market perception IMO. Knicks, Lakers and GSW or Clippers or Bron team to some respect get a different type of slander that a lot of fans don't understand or respect...although they'll be the first to throw shade :lol:

How they make this about the Knicks again?

:rofl:
Brah it was your own people

I guess signing Julius (who a lot of Knick fans wanted traded), Kemba (who was bought out) and Fournier got some folks feelin a type of way. I mean prior to those I think JR Smith was the most significant signing (?)

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
All of this. Knicks fans cheered for worse dudes that caused bigger headaches.

yes I know KD wasn’t going there but eye don’t get the “whew we dodged a bullet talk”

If this was happening to the Knicks right now, we’d be getting KILLED and it would somehow be the Knicks fault. Since it’s the Nets and no one gives a **** about them, it’s not the Nets fault. It’s just strictly Kyrie getting the blame.

I’d still love KD on the team but all this going on, I feel a lot better about them choosing another team.

I think Kyrie is stubborn enough not to get vaccinated and doesn’t play this year and becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The best part of this is the mayor just did the Nets that favor to let him practice and then the Nets say **** it, we don’t want him at all.

Agent of Chaos 🔥

BIG Kyrie Thread

He’s not actually creating chaos though.

He’s giving the media stuff to talk about and contributing to the constant, mostly inconsequential noise on social media, but he’s not actually affecting real life other than (arguably) making his team worse by not being around.

Ultimately meaningless side show. That’s not chaos.

I think they're looking at it from a pure basketball perspective and not a Knicks fans perspective. BK can have KD, Harden and Myrie and not win a chip and it gets a little press. Let the Knicks have those three and not win. It would be a NIGHTMARE for the Knicks in the media. It's market perception IMO. Knicks, Lakers and GSW or Clippers or Bron team to some respect get a different type of slander that a lot of fans don't understand or respect...although they'll be the first to throw shade :lol:

I’m sorry but how does media perception/circus affect you as a fan? Especially since it’s been a circus. You think they going to pat y’all on the back if Trae knocks you out again?NY media going to be ruthless regardless

I come in peace
i Come in peace

Brah it was your own people

I guess signing Julius (who a lot of Knick fans wanted traded), Kemba (who was bought out) and Fournier got some folks feelin a type of way. I mean prior to those I think JR Smith was the most significant signing (?)

come on man. you gotta give the knicks a little credit for their previous season, which was unexpected. they've only gotten better with these pick ups and draft picks so yeah, knicks fans are happy that the team is headed in the right direction.

who finishes with a better record?

Knicks or the Kyrie-less Nets?

I’m sorry but how does media perception/circus affect you as a fan? Especially since it’s been a circus. You think they going to pat y’all on the back if Trae knocks you out again?NY media going to be ruthless regardless

I come in peace
i Come in peace

It doesn't really affect you as a fan but I can understand how some folks might get tired of the slander and jokes. . Just different levels of expectations. Losing to Trae and them with last years squad gives you less of a headache than not wining a championship with KD and Myrie. At the end of the day 29 teams could be slandered at the end of the season for not winning a chip but there's different levels of expectations for each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom