The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
same man who relocated to lick shoe bottoms for StockX, cried in his car during lunch, and quit at the end of his first day.

He's got nothing to lose with this Omicron variant.
I peeped who I responded to and just took the L for doing so :smh: …yo not the brightest cat round here and didn’t even wanna bring this up :lol:

my god, I hope D Will doesn't get hurt on Saturday. Watched the workouts from yesterday... Gore looks like he can hit pretty hard...

Wish I could go back to work in February instead of January… not really a difference. :lol:

Some food for thought since enough time has passed to really look at the numbers. Check out the difference between the orders in magnitude between the common flu mortality and the latest estimates for covid:

Cutting the latest estimate by half is something like 400k deaths. 28k flu to 400k covid. That's roughly 1 to 14 ratio for lethality. Even if we presume that a subset of covid-related deaths are due to the common influenza, let's bring that value down to 300k. Still a 1:10 ratio.

I think there's always a healthy debate to be had regarding the delicate balance between aggressive public health policies and crippling your own economy... but to put it bluntly, this doesn't look normal to me and I'm not a medical expert. I suppose it's easy to write this off when we're living in the internet age and everyone is a bit isolated from one another in a way.

Welp Social Security is supposed to be insolvent eventually. Maybe with the old timers gone that won't be an issue. Maybe I'm a little naïve, but I'm still optimistic our society pulls through albeit not without losses.

I’m glad you put thought into something important and not into most people commenting on Lavar or Jenner sheeeeet :lol:

Some food for thought since enough time has passed to really look at the numbers. Check out the difference between the orders in magnitude between the common flu mortality and the latest estimates for covid:

Cutting the latest estimate by half is something like 400k deaths. 28k flu to 400k covid. That's roughly 1 to 14 ratio for lethality. Even if we presume that a subset of covid-related deaths are due to the common influenza, let's bring that value down to 300k. Still a 1:10 ratio.

I think there's always a healthy debate to be had regarding the delicate balance between aggressive public health policies and crippling your own economy... but to put it bluntly, this doesn't look normal to me and I'm not a medical expert. I suppose it's easy to write this off when we're living in the internet age and everyone is a bit isolated from one another in a way.

Welp Social Security is supposed to be insolvent eventually. Maybe with the old timers gone that won't be an issue. Maybe I'm a little naïve, but I'm still optimistic our society pulls through albeit not without losses.
friscostylez friscostylez I think you said/asked this before

They panicking

Keep fighting for them spots Lil Zeke
mjcry1 (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom